• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Best Designed Starters?

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
Not really into Pokemon anymore :( but I loved the 3rd gen games and anmie so i would have to say the starters from Pokemon Sapphire/Ruby.....Mudkip being my fav!

Sydney

The Good Samaritan
They're not even close to being the best designed starters. If anything, they're far from the best. Fennekin looks so unoriginal that I can't even begin to describe it. It looks like something you would expect to see from the Pokémon franchise, and I'm disappointed by that. Although I think Chespin is adorable and has, by far, the best design of the three, it seems slightly unoriginal as well. Like some have previously said, the Gen VI's grass starter looks similar to Gen V's water starter, Oshawott. Froakie is probably the only starter that has the most original design, even if it is somewhat unappealing.

Uniqueness: 7/10
Originality: 6/10
Design: 7.5-8/10

Overall: 7/10

I believe the Pokémon franchise could have done better with this starter trio, but I won't complain too much considering they are making the transition from 2-D to 3-D finally. :)

Fig

The Altruist
I believe the starters look pretty amazing, especially Chespin. The developers did say that Chespin is similarly designed to Oshawott's design. Guess who's getting Chespin as their starter?! :party:

I prefer gens I and II to the X and Y starters but Fennekin does look pretty cool. I'll be looking to wee what it does evolve into since its sure to be pretty good. I really don't like the look of Froakie and Chespin though but I'm expecting great things from Chespin's final evolution, just a feeling i've got.

Fennekin is absoulutly gorgeous! i feel in love with it when i first say it lol. i am not really a fan of the other too but cannot wait to see the final evos

PokaLink

Pokalink the avaricious
Personaly i actualy kind of like the three starters, at first thought i thought they were just another band of stupid Pokemon, but after actualy looking at the charecters i have to say there not bad, there probably 3rd, or 4th on my list of starters, and i like all three for there origanility, and the fact that they all remain cute chareceters that evolve into brute pokemon.

Lord Vain

Dawn of a New Day
I gotta say they all look alright myself, could be better and could be worse, but I won't complain.

P

PandaWithaKnife

I think they're pretty good starters, but I'll always have a soft spot for the first three generation starters.

I'm not appreciating Chespin at all, I just have trouble getting into his dorky appearance. But then, I normally prefer the Pokemon that appear less anthropomorphic. I prefer the quadrupeds to the bipeds.

I'm warming up to Froakie's appearance, but he just looks so darn emotionless. His eyes look so vacant lol.

Fennekin is my favorite, which is a huge difference for me, as I just about always prefer the water types. Where's the love for the Mudkip line?

Anyway, I like the fire and water type better than the former generation, not so sure about grass yet.

Not really into Pokemon anymore :( but I loved the 3rd gen games and anmie so i would have to say the starters from Pokemon Sapphire/Ruby.....Mudkip being my fav!

There's the love for Mudkip! I think my Swampert was the first Pokemon I got to 100.

I honestly don't see much resemblance of Chespin and Oshawott. I always disliked Oshawotts design, but I loved Chespin from the get-go. http://25.media.tumblr.com/8a187e1a38ee1333235db5715bd1dd55/tumblr_mgcj7caEtr1qg2ts4o1_r2_500.png different head shape, body shape, eyes, nose, mouth. Seriously the only thing that's the same is the fact that they're STANDING. (sorry, couldn't find a better picture then that off hand)

As for these being the best designed starters? No, but they are surprisingly good. I haven't liked the starters since ruby, and these guys really are a surprise.

My favorite being Chespin, it is just so freaking cute, my second being Froakie, and third being Finniken. At first I liked Finniken the most, but the more I looked at her, the less appealing she was. And I also hated Froskie at first, but the more I looked the more I liked.

As to who I would pick, I really don't know. The last two games I picked the grass type, simply because I liked the design the best. So I want to try something different. But it all comes down to the other pokemon in the game, if there are a lot of fire and water pokemon I'll go with Chespin.

Last edited:

.:Brony:.

Head Brony of ZD
R/B/Y - Charmander

G/S/C - Totodile

Rb/Sa/Em - Treecko

D/P/Pl - Piplup? (I really thought all Gen 4 starters were ugly af, but nonetheless this is my favorite gen and probably always will be)

B/W - Oshawott

X/Y - Chespin
--

I'm rly fond of grass/water type Pokes.

Starblast16

Hylian Swordsmaster
I wouldn't say they're the best designed starters. The Gen 6 Starters strike me as overly cute. Personally, I think the best designed starters are the Unova starters. Actually, the news of these two games shocked me! Both my friend and I thought that Nintendo and Game Freak would hit the wall when it comes to new pokémon ideas because I think the outdid themselves with the 5th gen pokémon.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
These babies are the best.
emerald_art_5.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom