• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Best Designed Starters?

SNOlink

I'm baack. Who missed me?
When I first saw the starters for Pokemon X and Y, they were actually stunning to me. While I don't think they are the absolute best designed, they're actually only behind the Gen. 1 starters. What do you think? Do you think they are the absolutely best designed starters?

Kybyrian

I wouldn't say it has the best-designed starters. I could probably go as far to argue that Chespin is the best-designed starter in the series to date, but I don't like the designs of the other two. Froakie doesn't seem very original in overall design, but the idea of having it as a starter with the typing is fairly original. Fennekin and Chespin are definitely original, though, and I just love the design of Chespin. Not the best-designed starters to date, but I do have to give special commendations to Chespin.

Mors

~Death~
I thought the starters looked cute. XD But they aren't the best designed of the starters. I think it's a good improvement from gen 5 though, I didn't really like them that much myself. I really like Fennekin's look, but I love foxes so that's probably why. C:

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Chespin? Nope; it reminds me heavily of Oshawott and its evolutions. I wouldn't say that a palette swapped not-so-cute (opinion) Pokemon is exactly a good designed starter :P

Froakie? Nope; reminds me WAY too much of the past two water starters. :I

Fennekin? Reminds me of Vulpix to be honest, but it looks GORGEOUS!

Overall I wouldn't say Gen 6 starters come close to being "best designed", but Fynx looks *amazing* in my opinion. Best designs go to Gen 2 imo.

chespin looks too much lie Oshawott, and Fenniken looks like some Ninetales Zorua hybrid, but Kroakie doesn't look that much like any other Pokemon.

Gen 1, while I like the designs, they weren't that original. It was pretty much "reptile big eyes fire/bulb"

They look nice and all, but they don't really strike me as "pokemon." Also, am I the only one who thinks that game freak is starting to resort to searching fan-designed youtube videos for design ideas, 'cause I swear that I've seen that fire-fox (yeah, literally) pokemon somewhere before.

Austin

Austin
Wouldn't say they're the best designed starters at all really. Chespin is completely uninspired, and the other two, while pretty good designs aren't really the best Nintendo has come up with in terms of starters.

I love all of the new starters-Nintendo went all cute mode with their basic forms-but I wouldn't say they're my favorites. That honor goes to the original Generation I starters who were all so well designed and varied. Even Bulbusaur-the weakest of the three designs-stands out in my memory to this day.

TheRizardon

poog tnalp yknuhc
I don't think that they are the best designed starters, but they do look a little better than the fifth Gen starters.

I will be honest, there are some fan made Pokémon Starters that are better designed then what Gen VI has, but I won't say the designs are awful. I can't really say which Gen had the better designed Pokémon, but I am leaning more towards Gen II or Gen IV

DarkLink7

I make my own fate!
IMO Chespin DOES look like Oshawatt, just grass
I agree that Fennekin does look like Vulpix+ninetails+Zorua
Froakie....... am I the only one who thinks of Croagunk? Because that's what i makes me think of: Croagunk mixed with something else...... but I can't put a finger on what.

So no, not the best designed. Too many things taken from past Pokémon. My favorite was either Hoenn or Johto. But Sinnoh was cool too. The newer generations are starting to lose their touch, as far as new ideas and Pokémon go.

Elementic

please play etrian odyssey
Fenniken is wonderfully designed. It's adorable, it's original, and it all around is awesome. Looking forward to seeing the evolutions.

Chespin...I honestly don't see the resemblence to Oshawott. It's pretty original, besides, the other grass starters have been all green, sometimes with a seperate color for a small part. Chespin is mostly brown, and has green onto on it's head. I like that. Also, it's cute.

Froakie? It's honestly adorable. Slap me if you wanna, but it is. It's cute, and you know, cute starters always end up looking BADARSS.

Yeah, I think all the starters are cute. U gotta problem? Deal With It. XD

They're my second least favorite, behind the Black & White starters. I think the best designed starters are in Red & Blue and Gold & Silver; they've gradually grown less appealing with each generation imo.

Why do I feel like I have seen these designs somewhere before? Though, if anything, I agree with others that Fennekin's final evolution is sure to be epic-tier...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom