• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Best Designed Starters?

Sir Quaffler

May we meet again
Hmm, just taking pure aesthetic design into account, here's my list of best-designed starters:

1) Gen 1. They are overall the best-designed. Clean, simple, easy to wrap your mind around, and they all look good, every stage.
2) Gen 2. Right behind the first gen, these guys also have clean and simple designs all the way through.
3) Gen 6. I'm taking a random guess here, since I don't know what these guys are gonna look like later on. But from what we've seen they seem to have pretty solid designs, harking back to design philosophy of the first two IMO.
4) Gen 4. While these starters show the increasing overcomplexity of the designs Pokemon seem to be having as of late, they still are aesthetically pleasing throughout their evolutionary stages.
5) Gen 3. I know these starters are also clean and simple... but I just don't care for most of them. Mudkip looks pretty stupid, and Torchic looks only okay. Treeko looks pretty cool throughout, though, I'll give him that.
5) Gen 5. I just don't care too much for how any of these guy look, tbh. Tepig looks okay-ish, but he's totally botched in his second and third stages. Snivy doesn't look too inspiring either. And while admittedly I do like the second and third stages of Oshawott, the first stage looks butt-ugly.

ThePurpleKnight

ThePurpleKnightmare
These ones are not great my favorite have been for each generation

One - Bulbasaur
Two - Cyndaquil
Three - Torchic
Four - Piplup
Five - Snivy

I hated Oshawatt and Chespin is just another Oshawatt, so would be great if they deleted it and added something better in it's place.

The best Generation for starters was three, I disliked a starter from each gen except three.

One - Charmander, Bad Evolutions, and overrated.
Two - Totadile, Water and physical based, horrible combo, weakest starter ever.
Three - None they were all great.
Four - Chimchar, Evolution was annoying and learned thunderpunch, takes away the only trianlge of weakness.
Five - Oshawatt, Ugly, worst starter ever, terrible idea behind it, just awful pokemon.

Snow Queen

Mannceaux Signature Collection
I'm going to choose by region

Kanto- Squirtle
Johto- Cyndaquil
Hoenn- Treecko
Sinnoh- Piplup
Unova- Oshawott
Gen 6- Fennekin

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom