• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Best Controller?

Which wins?

• Xbox 360 Controller

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • PS3 Controller

• Wii Remote

• Gamecube Controller

• Classic Controller (VC)

• Xbox Controller

• Nintendo 64 Controller

• Total voters

Chidori

Mongrel
Out of all existing controllers, which one is your favorite?

Mine is by far the Gamecube. It handles comfortably, has amazing face buttons and just the best one to pick up and use.

(For the Poll, I only put PS3 and not PS2/PS1 to save room as they're all the same really)

I like the Classic Controller a lot. The GC controller was great, but I am also a big fan of the PS2 style. The Classic Controller just felt right when playing about anything on the VC. The only part that sucks about it is the cord comes out of the bottom like the DC controller did. I hated that controller, and that was one of the reasons. But the Classic isn't as aggravating as the DC controller was.

I would have to agree with you on the Gamecube Controller. I probably like it because it's the one I've used the most, and everything's laid out good.

Petman1325

Poe Catcher
Definately the N64 controller. It has a crap load of buttons, yet it places them all in a comfortable and organized design. Minus the whole "You abuse the analog stick, and it messes up/You don't use the analog stick, and it sticks" issue. Plus, it allowed for memory packs, microphones (Remember 'I Choose You, Pikachu!'?), opitional rumble paks (that is how Nintendo spelled it!), and the Transfer Pak (Only other time something like this was used was on Pokemon Battle Revolution, Pokemon Box, and Animal Crossing: City Folk).

Hylian Hobbit

Delightfully Delicious ;P
I've always liked the GC controller a lot. It's layed out good and all the buttons are easy to use. It's really easy to get used to.

J

JohnSly

I actually really like the Xbox 360 controller I feel that it has a good button layout for my different types of games.

linkman8

True and Noble
I liked the Gamecube controller to be honest. The Xbox 360 controller was hardly different than the Xbox one, and that one's buttons were almost all the same. I haven't played a Wii yet, so I don't know how that is, and the N64 controller was far too awkward to hold when I went to my friend's house to play his. (I never owned an N64.)
I liked the Gamecube's, because the buttons are all different, so your brain can easily make a distinction between them all, and maybe it was just me, but they all worked. Literally I have bought 3 GCN controllers, and they all work, as apposed to the 12 Xbox controllers I bought, in which only 1 works.

Chidori

Mongrel
I liked the Gamecube controller to be honest. The Xbox 360 controller was hardly different than the Xbox one, and that one's buttons were almost all the same. I haven't played a Wii yet, so I don't know how that is, and the N64 controller was far too awkward to hold when I went to my friend's house to play his. (I never owned an N64.)
I liked the Gamecube's, because the buttons are all different, so your brain can easily make a distinction between them all, and maybe it was just me, but they all worked. Literally I have bought 3 GCN controllers, and they all work, as apposed to the 12 Xbox controllers I bought, in which only 1 works.

If you can't notice the difference between the 360 controller and regular Xbox controller, then you must literally be blind and your nerves probably aren't connected to your hands. The original Xbox Controller was a freaking monster, it was such a fat hunk o' junk, the 360 one is smaller but I hate them both. 360 has terrible face buttons and the Xbox controller is overall disgusting.

The only bad thing about the GC Controller was the D-Pad, everything else was good though.

Y2K3

Lushier than Mercy!
I'd have to say the Gamecube. Every Nintendo controller is great, IMO, but that one is themost comfortable/easiest to play.
Playstations, aren't too bad, but I find them slightly more awkward.
Never played a 360, but the regular XBox controllers are awfull, IMO. They're too bulky, and hard to handle.

Smitie

The Dutch Kusagari
The gamecube controller is the best. It comfortable to use and because all the buttons have a different color or shape you don't mix up the buttons quickly. The N64 controller is weird, why did they hide the Z button under the controller?!
I don't like the PS2 controller because of the trigger buttons. you have R1 and R2 and because they are trigger buttons, you can't see the top with the number on it, so i mixed those up quite often. I never used a xbox controller, but the old one looked like a brick and the new one looks ugly.

chrisbg99

OBEY THE FIST!
As far as just holding it your hand comfort the GCN controller is probably my favorite. Even the face buttons worked very well, especially on games designed around it.

But the classic controller is also great since it feels very much like the SNES controller. It has a great D-pad and face buttons.

If it wasn't for the seperated D-pad on the Playstation controller I'd probably hold it in higher regard.

The Wii remote with the nunchuck is also fantastic and comfortable. Having your hands seperated like that would seem uncomfortable but man you can really relax depending on the game.

linkman8

True and Noble
If you can't notice the difference between the 360 controller and regular Xbox controller, then you must literally be blind and your nerves probably aren't connected to your hands. The original Xbox Controller was a freaking monster, it was such a fat hunk o' junk, the 360 one is smaller.
I realize the difference. I was talking more about the layout of the controller, like button scheme. Besides the "bumpers", the 360 controller is no different, layout-wise. On top of that, I meant that all of the buttons (A,B,YX,) are all the same circular shape, and one who doesn't play Xbox that much would lose track of them for a while.

Kybyrian

This thread has caused me many casualties. I typed out a huge reply twice but it didn't work because of my stupid internet.

So I'm going to come out and say Nintendo Wii and not make a big post regarding every controller for fear I will encounter an inconvenience once again.

Gamecube. It had all of the buttons in comfortable places, the C-stick replaced all of the C-buttons, giving more room for the x and y buttons, and the joystick didn't tire my thumb nearly as much as the awkwardly placed PS joystick.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom