• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Best Console to Play Zelda on

willsfairysword

links assistant in combat
  • NES
  • SNES
  • N64
  • gamecube
  • 3DS
  • DS
  • Wiis virtual console (motion control)
  • Wiis virtual console (older zelda games MM OoT)
  • other

I've only play zelda games on the N64 and wiis virtual console but i've heard a lot of people like the other consoles so I want to hear your fav console to play zelda on :).

Last edited:
Wii, the motion controls just add so much to the experince of the game play. Nothing like swinging your arms around acting like you are really fighting all the evil villans

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
3DS. The 3DS Virtual Console allows you to create a save point at will wherever, whenever and lets you pick up right where you left off. It's glorious, and it makes playing the game so much better because you don't have to start from the beginning area every time you save.

I say Wii because you can play over half of all the Zelda games on it.

The 3DS needs more buttons and another control stick for me to think of it as a credible "console"

Big Octo

=^)
3DS. The 3DS Virtual Console allows you to create a save point at will wherever, whenever and lets you pick up right where you left off. It's glorious, and it makes playing the game so much better because you don't have to start from the beginning area every time you save.

I have to disagree with this. I view save states a form of "cheating," and having them added in removed the original challenge.

Anyway, the best would probably be the Wii in general, both virtual console and standard. With the VC, you can play the classics. With the hardware, you can play WW, FSA, TP, and SS. It's the deal of the century.

Cfrock

Keep it strong
In terms of the number of Zelda games you can play on the one console, then the Wii is the best but I all of those games can also be played on GameCube (except A Link to The Past and Skyward Sword) and, as much as I adored the motion controls in Skyward Sword, I feel like the GameCube controller is the best for playing Zelda. At least, Zelda games not built around 1:1 motion control.

I know you can use a GameCube controller with the Wii so it still gets my vote for the best but I'm just trying to highlight why I would put the GameCube in a close second.

I have to disagree with this. I view save states a form of "cheating," and having them added in removed the original challenge.

You can turn off the ability to savestate if you want to go back to the increased difficulty, though.

My vote goes to the gamecube. Not only can it play the most Zelda games out of any console (13, but you need the Gameboy Player), it also has the nicest controller.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
The best choice would actually be "other" with the exception for Zelda games that will release on the Wii U and the 3DS. By other, I mean PC. Emulation makes for the best graphical quality, the most precise -and- accurate controls, the better sound and just better everything. You have many different types of controls at your disposal; you can use the Wiimote in conjunction with some bluetooth technology, you can use an Xbox 360 or other PC gamepad; you can use the keyboard/mouse should you like.

Yeah, there are a lot of hiccups, but on the flipside you have freeze framing; savestates; screenshots; throttle adjustments; TASing (Tool Assisted Speedrun). Not to mention, more often than not you can record your gameplay at a whim via the emulation software, and if you cannot there are always options out there like FRAPS or Camstudio. All in all, PC is where its at.

The best choice would actually be "other" with the exception for Zelda games that will release on the Wii U and the 3DS. By other, I mean PC. Emulation makes for the best graphical quality, the most precise -and- accurate controls, the better sound and just better everything. You have many different types of controls at your disposal; you can use the Wiimote in conjunction with some bluetooth technology, you can use an Xbox 360 or other PC gamepad; you can use the keyboard/mouse should you like.

Yeah, there are a lot of hiccups, but on the flipside you have freeze framing; savestates; screenshots; throttle adjustments; TASing (Tool Assisted Speedrun). Not to mention, more often than not you can record your gameplay at a whim via the emulation software, and if you cannot there are always options out there like FRAPS or Camstudio. All in all, PC is where its at.

Smart man. I agree with all of this :yes:

Twili123prince

"ZINGA-DINGDING"
I've always been a big fan of playing Zelda games on the gamecube. In my opinion it has the best controls and it also has quite an amount of Zelda games you can play on it. LoZ, AoL, OoT, MM, WW, TP. Of course now I play all of those titles through my wii with the use of a gamecube controller. So I guess you could say the Wii would be the best because not only do you have virtual console but you also have the ability to play the Zelda games on the gamecube. Final answer would be Wii then for me. With the exception that you can plug in a Gamecube controller.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom