• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Best Character Creators

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
There's nothing like games that allow you to create a self-insert hero from scratch. Whether recreating yourself or making a fantastical version to fit the world setting, it tends to be a fun experiment to try out all the different options before diving into the main experience. That begs the question of what are some of your favorite character creators in games, and what features do you enjoy cycling through the most? Hairstyles, facial aspects (eyes, cheeks, etc.), tattoos, or whatever else fit that bill.

Some of my favorites for the sheer amount of customization options include:

Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen
Code Vein
Xenoblade Chronicles X
Skyrim with mods (makes the models look a million times better)

What are yours?

Bowsette Plus-Ultra

wah
ZD Legend
Definitely Dragon's Dogma. That character creator offers a fantastical level of depth right down to being able to change how your character stands while idle. 's pretty cool.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
Dragon's Dogma had decent depth of customization but the options themselves were still preddy ugly. :/ Better-looking than say, Skyrim, at least, but still not far off from that level of ugly.

I think my favorite character creator right now should go to Monster Hunter Stories specifically on the basis that it's still the only one to allow me to make my main ocs almost 100% accurate. I hope Stories 2 will allow for the same satisfaction when that comes out. That's really what I judge character creators on; whether they allow me to make what I want, not just if they're super in depth or whatever.

Definitely Dragon's Dogma. I was able to create Nabooru as my hero with Saria as her companion, and they didn't look all that bad to be honest. I did it on my PS3 so I can't really get a decent picture, but if I ever decide to get the Switch version I'll give them another try.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom