• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Zelda Best Alternate Dimension

vote

• dark world

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • twilight realm

• silent realm

• Total voters

Stitch

AKA Patrick
The Dark World effectively doubled the size of the map and there was plenty of choice given on where and when the player could change dimensions.

pkfroce

Skelepuns
DO NOT EVEN GET ME STARTED ON THE SILENT REALMS. THOSE GUARDIAN ARE... *shudders* I can't even explain how scared I was. 'Oh this is nice... The music is so serene... nice and calming.' Then you run out of petals. 'OH LORD. WHAT IS THIS.'

r2d93

Hero of the Stars
It has to be the Dark World, no competition in my eyes. The Dark World excelled where the other two didn't- it actually added new NPCs and different landscaping to make it a refreshing change from the regular dimension we came from. The Twilight Realm did nothing but make things dark and pretty, add weird bugs, and change people to little blue spirit things. And the Silent Realms just added tears and guardians

How is this even a question?

Two of those had simple trials. The other was a developed world with towns, dungeons, characters, forests and mountains, lakes and swamps etc. Two were small footnotes of their respective games story, the other was an integral part of it. I don't see how you leave out Termina but add the Dark World. Sure Termina was a full game, but the Dark World made up a good 3/4 of a game or more.

Dark World hands down. I mean, it IS the Sacred Realm after all, turned evil by Ganon's darkest desires. And it changed the beautiful world of Hyrule into this twisted, demented world that challenged Link to fullest extent. Had an epic overworld theme too. Plus, this was my first ever Zelda game. I grew up playing this game countless of times. Even though I wasn't very good at it and went two thirds of the way when I was just a wee lad, it is still among my favorite games of all time, and possible my number one favorite SNES game. So the Dark World is something I grew up with and loved.

I'd say the Twilight Realm because it had a lot of depth to it. Not the area you explored, but the history and characters surrounding it. The Dark World is in second place, because of it's history, but its pretty much a copy of the Light world. Silent realm is last because it's just a part of the game with no history surrounding it.

I really was not a fan of the silent realm trials in SS, so I had to choose between the dark world and the twilight realm. I chose the twilight realm because I just enjoyed it a bit more than the dark world in ALttP. I wasn't that impressed by ALttP and it isn't one of my favorite games, but the twilight realm had an interesting back story to it. Much like what Maxxy said, the history and characters from the twilight realm had a lot of depth.

CynicalSquid

Swag Master General
Termina :right:

I guess the Dark World. I've never played Skyword Sword and I felt like the Twilight realm was trying to hard to be dark and eerie. The Dark World is the only thing on that list that's actually dark and errie (but Termina is more dark and eeire).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom