• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Zelda Best Alternate Dimension

vote

• dark world

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • twilight realm

• silent realm

• Total voters

Dragoncat

Twilit wildcat: Aerofelis
inb4 "you forgot Termina", while that is an alternate dimension, it was the entire game. This thread is asking which game did the best job of having two playable dimensions that are almost mirror images of each other.

Link to the Past: Dark World
Ruled by evil, anyone who enters without magical protection is transformed into whatever reflects their true spirit.

Twilight Princess: Twilight Realm
This mysterious force that threatens to swallow Hyrule is not as evil as it seems.

Skyward Sword: Silent Realm
Exists to test the chosen hero. Complete the trial, and achieve spiritual growth.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Termina. :trollface:

The best realm was the Dark World due to its integration. The Twilight Realm was nothing but an afterthought, and the Siren Realm was treated as a minigame.

Raindrop14

Soldier for Christ!
I'm tied between Dark World and Spirit Realm. The dark world was a cool concept because, although it may seem lame for basically reversing the light world, it was my favorite part of the game. The dark world had new monsters at least, so it didn't basically make everything dark. Plus there were different things in places which was cool.

And the Spirit Realm was awesome because it was hard. Although it wasn't a different field like the Dark World, it did introduce some hard, not monsters but guards basically. I loved the Silent Realm. <3

snakeoiltanker

Wake Up!
this ones kinda easy, two realms you do trials in versus a whole second world.... ill pick the dark world

Last edited:

BlitzPlum

That 3D Guy
The Dark World is cool as it is actually alternate, rather than just being the same. And it's vital to the story, progression and puzzles.

The Twilight Realm really really annoyed me. It was just the normal area with too much yellow and bloom.

The Silent Realm was sweet because it was the coolest minigame ever :P

Starblast16

Hylian Swordsmaster
Aaahhhh! This is a hard decision! For me, it's a tie between The Twilight Realm ans the Silent Realms. I just can't decide.

Oops! I forgot to say why it's a tie between those two for me. The Twilight Realm had its own eerie beauty and was quite the challenge. Also, I loved the insane battle you have to have against Zant. The guy's a psycho! And the Silent Realms were quite the experience, not to mention hard. The music for them were so beautiful and calming... Also, I have to admit that even though they were annoying, the Guardians were pretty cool!

Last edited:

DarkLink17

Well then
Out of all of the choices, the Dark World was a no-brainer. The Silent Realm was a trifle when it comes to overall size and gameplay. The Twilight Realm was pretty cool, but it is basically the exact same as the normal realm except for differences in NPCs and enemies.

The Dark World on the other hand, had just enough similarities where you could tell that there is a resemblance between that and the Light World. But it didn't feel like just a completely mirrored image. Plus, you spent more than half of the game in the Dark World, rather than a small increment of time like the other two Realms.

Terminus

If I was a wizard this wouldn't be happening to me
1.Where the heck is Subrosia?
2.I count Past Labyrynna as another world
3. I chose the Twilight Realm because, while the Dark World was substantially more expansive, it felt like an overworld clone. I really didn't like the Silent Realms too much, I was too tense to enjoy them.

PS. I'm a TP fanboy, and don't pretend all of you are holy and unbiased.

Snow Queen

Mannceaux Signature Collection
I absolitely loved.konoholint island(can that count?) It is the setting of one of my favorite Zelda games ever.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
Well, obviously it's the Dark World, since it's a central part of the experience and where most of ALttP's dungeons are found. The Silent Realms come in a close second, though. Creepy as **** and pretty damn challenging, especially the first time through them.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
JuicieJ;761622Creepy as **** and pretty damn challenging said:
???? Creepy?
No they are BEAUTIFUL, not creepy. :P

But they were and are challenging, that's what I love about them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom