• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Best Advice You Ever Got

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
"If you're ever feeling stupid, just remember that sloths sometimes grab their own arms, thinking they are branches, and therefore end up falling off the tree they are hanging from" - Somebody whom I am currently failing to remember.

Nicole

luke is my wife
"You don't owe anybody anything; you don't owe anybody an explanation for your happiness."

In general, the best advice I've ever gotten. I've taken from many different sources and condensed the general idea, but the point behind this is that sometimes you need to put your happiness first and that's okay.

Lord Vain

Dawn of a New Day
Don't wish to be something you're not.

A silly rabbit told me this not too long, it's all that really came to mind, and I guess that maybe she's not so silly after all.

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
"Be Yourself "

Pretty self explanatory, and said by multiple people in my life. If there's anything that we can learn from life it is to be yourself, have that sense of individuality and try not to change yourself to please others.

Mercedes

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
"If you can't be good, don't get caught" - Momma Mercedes

Said to me before every school day! Of course she was just being facetious but, hey, good advice all the same! ;)

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
"Stay in school or you'll get your @$$ beat." - my dad

It's worked for me for a good 12 years. Don't seewhy I'd falter now.

pkfroce

Skelepuns
"Think before you speak or act." -My Father.

I always used to do really stupid things because I didn't think about the consequences of said stupid thing. Plus, after I did do the stupid thing, I'd get grounded, and probably get hurt.

Salem

SICK
Actually several

"Actions speak louder than words"

"don't be wasteful"

"think before you act/speak"

"stay in school"

''drive well"

I don't remember where I got those but there mostly from my dad, mom and extended relatives.

Beauts

Rock and roll will never die
"You can choose to live a long life or a happy life" I don't remember who said this, but it was in regards to not having fun because you're too concerned with health/consequences/etc. It's about enjoying your life and not always having to be responsible (there is a time for fun). After all, what's more important- happiness, or longevity? That's up to you, but happiness far outweighs the idea of living a miserable boring and long life until I'm like 100.

"If you're going to kick authority in the teeth you might as well use two feet" This is actually a quote from Keith Richards, but it's something I believe is very potent not just in terms of rebellion as is literally suggested but also just anything- if you're going to do something, do it properly, not some half-hearted job.

elliotstriforce

trollin for booty
the best advice i've ever received was "walk it off", it took me until i saw this thread to realize it. for me i apply it to more than just physical pain, for a while now (without realizing what i'm doing) when i'm in any sort of emotional pain i go for walks, scenic bike rides, and silent sit-ins, in places that i normally don't find myself just so i can think about what it is that is bothering me.

sailorgirl221

What a fearsome beast!!
life's not fair, then you die - my mom

if you see something you don't like about your self in the mirrior you lie to your self and say that you love it anyways- my sister

i want you to find a man that will treat you like a queen because you deserve nothing less- my daddy

life is just to damn short to worry about stupid ****!- me

when you first meet a guy and he mentions that "you got needs" how ever vague, you discredit him immediately and move on. - me

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom