• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Berserk Manga to Continue After Kentaro Miura's Death

The Berserk manga will continue after the death of the author, Kentaro Miura, last year.

"The manga will first have six chapters that will go to the end of the "Fantasia Arc/Elf Island Chapter," with a new arc beginning afterward....Moving forward, the manga will now have the following credits: 'Original work by Kentarou Miura, manga by Studio Gaga, supervised by Kouji Mori.'"

What are your thoughts on this news? Berserk is an amazing story with gorgeous art, so I am a little nervous about it continuing without the original author.

Kirino

Tatakae
I’m definitely happy with this. It’s hard not to be a little nervous given what they have to live up to, but I’m actually pretty optimistic. The supervisor was a close friend that’s worked with Miura on Berserk for 30 years and is a manga author in his own right, and having seen some art by Miura’s assistants circulating on Twitter, it honestly looks pretty comparable. Moreover, the whole plot of the story as envisioned by Miura, right down to the end, is known by them, and they have other materials to work with, so it should be quite faithful. Looking forward to the next chapter, especially given where they left off.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom