• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Being Grateful for the Games. What Do You Like About The Legend of Zelda?

K

KingOfRedLions

A lot of times when I go through what Zelda fans talk about I notice that they are usually talking about what they thought Nintendo did wrong with the franchise or what they wished could have been added. I say we should stop complaining and be grateful to Nintendo for giving us the most creative, and greatest video game series of all time that has captured the imagination of thousands of fans. So I want to create a thread about what we fans love and admire about the awesome experience we know as The Legend of Zelda.

I'll start. One of the things I enjoy about The Legend of Zelda is the Wind Waker, and Nintendo's decision to do something different and create a whole new experience with a great visual style, expressive and memorable characters with a huge world to explore and a great story.

I also love the epic-osity of Twilight Princess, with its own style and memorable character's, the sense of heroism, and just the scale of the entire game.

I really love how the brilliant minds of Nintendo find a way to produce Zelda games with such great differences in style and look yet they still are able to fit perfectly within the Zelda universe. Imagine the people of Assassins Creed trying to pull off something like cel shaded graphics. Ha! they wouldn't even dare.

Excellent work Nintendo!

Now its your turn. What are you grateful for in the Legend of Zelda franchise?

KnowItAllBird

Hero of Time
The way that nintendo constantly pushes the gameplay envelope. We have a great example in Skyward Sword. 1:1 sword controls make for the best combat I have ever experienced in a video game, and I absolutely loved flying. It never felt tedious, and this may sound odd but I felt like I was flying through a vanilla milkshake o_O

GoldenGengle64

A v ^ A v ^
Gosh, where do I begin?! I love a lot of things about Zelda games, like the overworlds, the graphics, the creativity, the characters, the areas, the artwork, the easter eggs, and obviously the overall epic-ness.

Fullmetal

The Spy-Sniper Combo
I like Zelda mainly because its an adventure series, and it has its awesome moments. What I really like about it, though, is that Zelda can have so many different combinations and still turn out to be a great game. Every new game is an experiment, and the fans' reactions are the test results.

Taggerung115

Warrior
Where to start? hmmm. Oh, heck. Everything.

Except for the fact that each game has to come to end sooner or later. I kind of wish that they would go on forever.

I love being able to explore Hyrule in a new experience every time. Although sometimes I wish they would just chose a design and keep Hyrule looking that way.
Man what don't I love about Zelda? I don't think I can post all the things I like about it haha.

Linkwolf

Worship the Strangeness
I love the designs in all the games! Nintendo must have spent so long coming up with all the little game details that people barely even notice. So thank you for the beautiful graphics!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom