• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Being Creative with the Dominion Rod and Other Zelda Items

Ruby Link

He who started the fire
Dominion Rod: I always thought this thing was practically useless because you barely used it. So, to make up for it's lack of use, I've been using it in ways it probably wasn't made for. For instance, when I got really bored while playing TP, I'd take it out and start playing catch with myself, Link had a horrible childhood... :lol: Other than that I'd race it to see if I could make it to a specific place before the ball caught up to me, I'd usually do this on Epona so I at least had a chance of beating it to the spot. I also found this weird glitch (I don't know if it works all the time) were I threw the ball, warp to a random area, and then for some reason unknown, the dominion rod would be back to the rusted form.

What are some things you do with the Dominion Rod and/or other Zelda item?

EternalNocturne

Fluffy hair!
Haha! It's funny you mentioned the thing with the ball chasing you on Epona; I do the exact same thing with the Gale Boomerang. As important as Epona is in Twilight Princess, there's no horse-racing minigame, so I made my own. I'd just lock the Gale Boomerang on a certain spot five times (it's in a very specific spot in Lanayru) and then run off on Epona. Running an entire lap around Hyrule Field without the boomerang coming back to me meant that I won the race! :)

(I actually went around five times before I got bored and gave up. :p)

Shadsie

Sage of Tales
Does making Link hit himself count?

The first time playing through the Temple of Time with the Dominion Rod, I had the statue (I had dubbed him "Alphonse" because he reminded me vaugely of a certain lovable suit of armor from a popular anime' ) slamming gates and destroying things with his hammer at the swing of the Rod... I had Link behind a pillar where I could see him getting that "red flash hurt" thing, wincing and grunting. I thought the temple's spiders were after him, so I made "Alphonse" smash harder to try to kill them, only for more Link-pain to ensue...

I walked him out from behind the pillar to learn that, the entire time, "Alphonse" had been hitting him with the hammer!

Thereafter, I kept doing it every once in a while because I found it amusing.

Yes, Link panics whenever I pick up my GameCube control. He knows I am a cruel goddess.

Ruby Link

He who started the fire
Does making Link hit himself count?

The first time playing through the Temple of Time with the Dominion Rod, I had the statue (I had dubbed him "Alphonse" because he reminded me vaugely of a certain lovable suit of armor from a popular anime' ) slamming gates and destroying things with his hammer at the swing of the Rod... I had Link behind a pillar where I could see him getting that "red flash hurt" thing, wincing and grunting. I thought the temple's spiders were after him, so I made "Alphonse" smash harder to try to kill them, only for more Link-pain to ensue...

I walked him out from behind the pillar to learn that, the entire time, "Alphonse" had been hitting him with the hammer!

Thereafter, I kept doing it every once in a while because I found it amusing.

Yes, Link panics whenever I pick up my GameCube control. He knows I am a cruel goddess.

Cool, you have the GameCube version too? Everyone I know with the game has the Wii one...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom