• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Beginner's Mafia 8: The Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jamie

Till the roof comes off, till the lights go out...
trans-pan-demi-ethno-christian-math-autis-genderfluid-cheesecake
It's not as much the wishiwashiness as much as the apparent attempt, to me, to absolve all possible blame off of them. Town wouldn't do this because they know they are town, so they will do whatever is best for town regardless of anything.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
I'm just gonna go ahead and vote. I wanted to wait and see what Sheik said before saying anything, but he's not here and nobody's posting and we need to get a lynch today or we're gonna go literally nowhere. I'm not sold that Sheik is scum, but nobody else has done anything really scummy so far this game, so it's the best lead we have, for reasons that have already been stated. His behaviour has been strange and inconsistent and kind of all over the place.

Vote: Sheik

Now if more people could speak up, that'd be fantastic!

Jamie

I'm with you. Where the heck is everyone?

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
Regardless of Sheik's spontaneity, I don't see much a basis for lynching him. Scurrying through the Day is never really a good idea, because the following Night is usually when Mafia really gets to have their way (assuming a Doc/Roleblocker doesn't impede them). Sheik acted rather randomly on Day 1, but that's not exactly irregular... Day 1 is almost always like this.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
Regardless of Sheik's spontaneity, I don't see much a basis for lynching him. Scurrying through the Day is never really a good idea, because the following Night is usually when Mafia really gets to have their way (assuming a Doc/Roleblocker doesn't impede them). Sheik acted rather randomly on Day 1, but that's not exactly irregular... Day 1 is almost always like this.

Day 1 is usually more active though. We didn't have all the silly day 1 shenanigans that usually take part, which is why his posts stand out over all the others.

And I admit that there isn't a whole lot on him to justify a lynch, but we already had a no lynch yesterday so we need to lynch somebody today or we're literally going to go nowhere. We have something on Sheik, so we should lynch him. Unless you have better leads?

Jamie

I don't go this hard into lynches unless I think the evidence is significant. I'm pretty sure he's scum, it's not baseless and there's no better evidence anywhere else. No one is even playing.

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
Do as you will; I'm just saying that impulse lynches oftentimes benefit the Mafia more than the Town. They can either blend in by joining a lynch or hide away while not contributing much, waiting for Night to fall. It's a fairly common tactic, but one that might work in a beginner's game.
I don't go this hard into lynches unless I think the evidence is significant. I'm pretty sure he's scum, it's not baseless and there's no better evidence anywhere else. No one is even playing.
What evidence?

Jamie

I've said the evidence. His actions are evidence. This isn't an impulse lynch, I don't think his behaviour would be done by a Townie. I just don't.

Sheik

:the:
Hi, sorry I haven't posted yet, been busy I guess.

When I said I was suspicious of Rep, it meant very little. I was tired of posting 2-3 times a day with little substance in past games, so I thought I should, I guess, say... something. And yeah, that's legitimately the whole reasoning behind that. I didn't actually think Rep was plotting some super secret scum plan, nor was I trying to plant suspicion on him (even if I was trying to do that, that would've been a miserably pitiful attempt, even by my standards lol)

When I said I didn't care if we had a No Lynch or not, I actually meant that - but I was stupidly approaching it with the same mindset I would have had in a game with ~20 players, where Town can have 4 mislynches in a row and still not lose... so. When Mezlo brought up that Town could lose with even just two mislynches is actually when I realized that a No Lynch would be a good idea, so... yeah. My back and forth behavior with the No Lynch was only because I'm the least observant person on the planet.

Complete honesty with all of that just mentioned; it's all because of really stupid reasons, basically.

Well, that is my defense. It's the truth, pathetically. Not sure what else I can say.

Jamie

Seems weird to me that you just wouldn't care. Even in a game with 20 people, you should always care about that sort of thing. To be frank, I don't really believe you.

Hm. I'm voting to lynch Shiek.

Although the reasons are fair enough, there are lots of constant self-put downs interspersed with the explanation... a little overkill. Could be an attempt to deflect suspicion.

Jamie

If you want to vote you must stylized as so @kodachrome

Vote: Your Mom

Has to be bold.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom