• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Beginner's Mafia 8: The Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mido

Version 1
DCPD File: "The Motel Marauders" Case (4/23/13)
Two weeks ago, a missing persons report was filed by a motel chain after one of their locations went dark late last month. Upon investigation of the scene, we came across a horrifying scene. Corpses littered the motel grounds, with fifteen confirmed casualties, one among them the manager. (We suppose that this report was liked to said death.) Further investigation led us to believe that this event was triggered by a dangerous group of criminals, some of them found dead among the confirmed casualties; however, we assume that some of them are still at large. Beyond observation of the scene, evidence is scarce. We will continue the search from here.

The criminals, known as "The Motel Marauders," continued their murders well into the coming months of that year, but after some time, the group went quiet. With little to go on as a result, the police of nearby town Davidson's Creek declared the case: cold. To this day, the killers remain at large....

Returning from a vacation at an affluent resort town, you decided to stop along the way at a motel about halfway from your home. After watching a Lifetime movie with a multitude of other guests, you settled down and headed to your rooms to tune in for the night. The night was relatively calm, and everyone upon awakening seemed to be in good spirits; but suddenly, a loud scream echoed through the motel! Careening and leaping down the stairwell in a mad hurry, you made it to the lobby. Upon arrival, a nightmarish scene displayed itself to you! The motel manager was found dead, hands impaled to the wall. Despite the feelings of shock pervading in the room, one of the brave among you inspected the scene and found a note stapled to the manager's mangled shirt pocket.

"We're back."

The message evoked a shriek of horror from one of you, and sent the entire group into a panic. Running towards the doors, you attempted to escape, but realized quickly that the doors were bolted shut! Knowing now that there was nowhere to run, especially with the methods of escape out of commission, you realized that among you, there were killers. In order to survive, you had to trust the crowd among you....to work together and to stop the killers!

Game Rules
1.) In the game of Mafia, votes are the tools used to designate a lynch target. One must vote in this fashion: Vote: Mido. To remove a vote, simply type: Unvote. With all of this in mind, please bold your votes.
2.) DO NOT EDIT YOUR POSTS! If you need to add anything to your posts, make another post directly after the previous post with the letters, EBWODP. (Edit By Way Of Double Post.) NOTE: I am aware this role comes off as somewhat obsolete under Xenforo, but nevertheless, just don't edit your posts.
3.) No Lynches can occur in this game under two circumstances: 1. The players can vote "No Lynch" as they do with a lynch target. 2.) If a tiebreaker occurs among votes between more than two people.
4.) The player with the most votes will be lynched.
5.) Please do not post during the night. (Twilight is fine.) I will probably be somewhat lenient on this, but I trust you guys will not overdo it! :)
6.) If a tie occurs between votes, a coin flip will determine the player to be lynched.
7.) Roleclaiming is allowed, but do so at your own risk. With this in mind, you cannot copy/paste any information from your role PM.
8.) Do not communicate with each other outside the game thread.
9.) Have fun!
FINAL NOTE: Since this is a beginner's game, I will be somewhat lenient with the rules. If a rule is indeed broken, I will give one warning, but if another offense happens, something bad will take place. :eek:

The Living
1. Frozen Chosen
2. PatCat
3. Mellow Ezlo
4. Findemaxa
5. Repentance
6. Diego
7. Sheik
8. kodachrome
9. musicfan
10. Beauts

Replacements: Crus@der77x, Blackkirby

Day 1 Begins!

With ten alive, it takes six votes to reach majority, in which case, the target will be lynched regardless of day's end. The day will end Wednesday, August 12, at 11:00 CDT.

Sheik

:the:
in my eyes, you're allll scum

Vote: Frozen Chosen, PatCat, Mellow Ezlo, Findemaxa, Repentance, Diego, kodachrome, musicfan, and Beauts

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
in my eyes, you're allll scum

Vote: Frozen Chosen, PatCat, Mellow Ezlo, Findemaxa, Repentance, Diego, kodachrome, musicfan, and Beauts

He's onto us! :eek:

Guys, we must get rid of Sheik!

Vote: Sheik

*ahem*

Anyway, I'm glad this game has finally started, been looking forward to it! :)

Quick note:

Starting Monday, and continuing to I think Friday, I will out of town for a job. So if I'm not very active during the first day, that's why.

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
Hey guys! Just reminding you, I'm a mentor, so I'm here to provide advice and answer questions. The same goes for my esteemed colleague, Mr. @A Link In Time . Any questions can be tagged to myself or @Mido who I think we should all thank for taking the time for making this game a reality.
Now I'll be staying silent unless called upon, so, without further ado...

Welcome to the Eighth Beginner Mafia Games! And may the odds be forever in your favor.

Jamie

Till the roof comes off, till the lights go out...
trans-pan-demi-ethno-christian-math-autis-genderfluid-cheesecake
So here's a little request for yall:

As any experienced player would quickly notice, because we have the set up, we could easily do "Follow the Cop" right off the bat if the cop were to claim. I would like to ask whomever is the cop: please do not do this. Follow the cop is a valid strategy but in the majority of games we do not know the set up. The cop should only claim in a situation where they would normally claim, such as after they have a good number of investigations, or a guilty result, or are about to be lynched, etc. My reasoning for this is because this is a beginners game, meant to teach the beginners; not meant to crush their little hearts, as much as I love heart crushing.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
Guys please, let's not ruin this game by being inactive. Activity is what makes a game good. I signed up for this because I was excited to play, I didn't sign up to sit and wait 5 years for people to post. There have been 8 posts in this thread since it was posted yesterday, three of which are from one user. I realize it's only day 1, but when nobody talks, it really does spoil the game.

I know some people have already posted, but I'm tagging everybody in the game anyway so you all see this.

@Frozen Chosen
@PatCat
@Findemaxa
@Repentance
@Diego
@Sheik
@kodachrome
@musicfan
@Beauts

Jamie

For the first time in my history as a mafia player, I actually suggest we don't do RVS. There's only 10 players, with 3 scum. IDK, I don't want this game to end super fast, for the beginners sake. Same reason I don't want us to do follow the cop (please tell me at least one person read my post on that)

So, err.. Opposite to everything I've ever preached:
Vote: No Lynch

Stitch

AKA Patrick
Sorry, I was out all day with friends and hadn't seen this last night. I'll make sure to post regularly from here on in.

Findemaxa

Vin
Sorry guys, I had no internet access all day, but I should be here from now on.
Random Vote: kodachrome

Sheik

:the:
Unvote: Frozen Chosen, PatCat, Mellow Ezlo, Findemaxa, Repentance, Diego, kodachrome, musicfan, and Beauts

For the first time in my history as a mafia player, I actually suggest we don't do RVS. There's only 10 players, with 3 scum. IDK, I don't want this game to end super fast, for the beginners sake. Same reason I don't want us to do follow the cop (please tell me at least one person read my post on that)

So, err.. Opposite to everything I've ever preached:
Vote: No Lynch

I see where you're coming from with this, but I will be reading into this more in the future if need be, because all this talk about doing things for the sake of the beginners could be a cover-up for some super secret scum plan, an ulterior motive ;P. But for now, I understand your reasoning for wanting no RVS. Personally, I don't have much of a preference - Day Ones usually tend to work themselves out, RVS or no RVS, at least from what I've experienced.

Also, for the sake of putting pressure on players who haven't posted yet...
Vote: Diego
I'd vote for Beauts as well if you could do that...

Jamie

Do you really think I'd set up a super secret scum plan to steamroll a bunch of players who have never played before?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom