• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Beginner's Mafia 7 - Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sydney

The Good Samaritan
I'm pretty sure that our only inactive right now is Regal.

Soooo... What happens if we end up with a tied vote between two people? Do we not have a lynch? I'm rather reluctant to vote right now... If I choose, I'll break the tie. (Right? I don't see any votes except ALiT and Rishian on Mido, Mido and Keeseman on Timeless. It's interesting that Mido voted for Timeless but Timeless hasn't said anything... XD)

Also, Rishian, I don't really understand your reasons for voting for bandwagoning with ALiT still. I don't think you're Mafia, but it's just odd. Yes, you're better off voting for an active player than an inactive one, but that doesn't mean you HAVE to vote. You haven't PERSONALLY shown much suspicion of Mido until now compared to some others, so I found it strange and sudden.

Oh my goddddddddd, it's like you're in my miiiiinnnnnddddd. I haven't even bothered looking into Mido or Timeless, because frankly I see nothing that holds them as scum. Rishian is catching my eye. He voted RB without even bothering to get his statement, not even giving the thought that he could be a townie. Then, as soon as ALIT votes for Mido, he quickly jumps in and bandwagons behind him. Bandwagoning gets the ball rolling, but when you do so in that manner, it gives off an odd vibe. I have to agree with Heroine here, you haven't even shown much suspicion against Mido.

FoS: Rishian

Keeseman

Smash is Life
How is no one seeing this? Look here:

Timeless said:
I think this is the definitive proof that Mido is scum. He's voting on me, with no reason to back it up, to keep himself from being lynched. With this plus everything else:

Vote: Mido

No, it isn't "definitive" proof. He's doing the same thing that ALIT and Rishan, and you, are doing to him.

Why am I the only one who sees this as scummy? First, he's only voting for Mido after others have voted for him. This bandwagoning tactic is incredibly common among scum, so they seem as if they are partnering with the town.

So far, there is no great proof that Mido is scum. Honestly, I don't understand why ALIT is going for the rushed lynch on Mido, because lynching a townie (if he is one) just puts us behind. Going no lynch would be beter than killing off another townie (again, if he is one). But right now there really is no compelling evidence for him being scum.

However, there is some pretty good evidence that Timeless is. All he's done is bandwagon. Wait, except for Rainy:

Axle the Mod said:
(Vote Tally)
Raindrop14: 8 (Atticus, Heroine of Time, odd300, Mido, Rachel, GirlWithAFairy, Keeseman, A Link In Time)

(Didn't Vote)
Dr3W21, JuicieJ, New Link, Raindrop14, RegalBryant, Timeless

:right:

Now, I'm okay with Dr3W on that list, because Rainy was going for his lynch before we lynched TMS. Also, JJ seems okay to me, based on how he flipped out when Rainy IGMEOY'd him, and we all know she was scum. However, they could have set that up...
The rest of those on the "no vote" list, RB and New Link, are inactives, so I don't even want to bother with them. However...

Timeless. You've done nothing but bandwagon this entire game. Now, not voting for Rainy isn't the best evidence, I'll admit, as we reached a majority for her pretty quickly. However, the only thing you've helped us do this entire game is lynch townies.

What say you?

Mido

Version 1
I think this is the definitive proof that Mido is scum. He's voting on me, with no reason to back it up, to keep himself from being lynched. With this plus everything else:

Vote: Mido

I'm not so sure that my vote against you clearly labels myself as scum. As I mentioned earlier, I was only following ALIT and Rishian's example, by piling up votes near the end of the day, which is pretty much the reason why I didn't post any reasoning.

Why am I the only one who sees this as scummy? First, he's only voting for Mido after others have voted for him. This bandwagoning tactic is incredibly common among scum, so they seem as if they are partnering with the town.

However, there is some pretty good evidence that Timeless is. All he's done is bandwagon. Wait, except for Rainy:

Timeless. You've done nothing but bandwagon this entire game. Now, not voting for Rainy isn't the best evidence, I'll admit, as we reached a majority for her pretty quickly. However, the only thing you've helped us do this entire game is lynch townies.

What say you?

Timeless, your reasoning for drawing attention to me is very weak. In fact, I can't really see any reasoning. I know that they know something? How does that make me scum? There's absolutely no logic to this.

The only way that JJ or RB could have "certain information" that others don't would be if they were Mafia themselves. The Cop is already dead, and the Doctor can't get much more information than the rest of us can. If they knew something the rest of us didn't, that would make them scum.

Unless the phrase "certain information" means something completely different than what I read it as, your argument makes little sense at all.

Also notice how he's "implying" that I'm mafia, but hasn't voted for me. He probably won't until someone else - for example, Atticus, who he happens to be trying to convince - votes for me first.

EBWODP: With that, I head to bed. Good night, all. Hopefully something has progressed by the time I'm back online.

As the evidence shows, It now looks to me that I do have reasoning to keep my vote now.

How is no one seeing this? Look here:

No, it isn't "definitive" proof. He's doing the same thing that ALIT and Rishan, and you, are doing to him.

So far, there is no great proof that Mido is scum. Honestly, I don't understand why ALIT is going for the rushed lynch on Mido, because lynching a townie (if he is one) just puts us behind. Going no lynch would be beter than killing off another townie (again, if he is one). But right now there really is no compelling evidence for him being scum.

:right:

Now, I'm okay with Dr3W on that list, because Rainy was going for his lynch before we lynched TMS. Also, JJ seems okay to me, based on how he flipped out when Rainy IGMEOY'd him, and we all know she was scum. However, they could have set that up...
The rest of those on the "no vote" list, RB and New Link, are inactives, so I don't even want to bother with them. However...

What say you?

:/ I haven't voted all game up till now, save for once which wasn't even counted. So I feel like at this point you're struggling to hold an argument against me. Not only that, but Mido also says a simply agrees and bandwagons, and that isn't scummy, considering you're calling me out for the same thing?

Keeseman

Smash is Life
:/ I haven't voted all game up till now, save for once which wasn't even counted. So I feel like at this point you're struggling to hold an argument against me. Not only that, but Mido also says a simply agrees and bandwagons, and that isn't scummy, considering you're calling me out for the same thing?

Ah, true, you didn't vote. But is that helpful for you? I've got a couple points here:

1. Whether you've voted or not, you've still been bandwagoning. You've pretty much agreed with everybody on everything. Let me refer to a previous post by Heroine:

Heroine of Time said:
All of them have been posting enough (or making long enough posts) that they seem like helpful Townies, but nothing they've done has really contributed anything major. They've been accusing people or going with the crowd, but nothing they've said has flat out antagonized anyone; all of their accusations have been rather like "Well, you COULD be a Mafia member... just saying..." or something simple as in "Yes, I agree with you." That sounds like the perfect "laying low" strategy for a Mafia member.

Especially you, Timeless. These four quotes are the first sentences you've said in some of your posts:

Timeless said:
I totally agree.

Less Time said:
Exactly what I was thinking.

Timey-wimey-less said:
Which is exactly the point I was trying to make.

Time-more said:
I get that, but this is also beginners mafia, so some of the newer players may not understand that it's a joke.

You're constantly agreeing with everyone and avoiding making enemies. Maybe you are just a Townie trying to play it safe, but I thought that was interesting to point out. You've stayed away from almost all suspicion.

You're just going with the town, in order to avoid suspicion.

2. Remember why I'm trying to get people to vote for you?

Keese... Dude... Thing... said:
Keeseman said:
So let's put some pressure into some sensible place:

Vote: Timeless
I said "pressure", not "lynching".

I'm not trying to lynch Timeless; I want to put pressure on him in order to hear more from him, to hear his defense. Because our cop is dead, this is pretty much the only way we can get any leads.

Mido's helping me put pressure on you, and you seem the scummiest to me at the moment. I don't really wanna lynch you... yet. I simply don't have enough proof. But I want to find out more info about you. Pressure is the only way we can discover more about you, and Mido's helping me with that.

Timeless said:
Mido also says a simply agrees and bandwagons, and that isn't scummy, considering you're calling me out for the same thing?

Let me refer to something Rishan said before:

Rishan said:
Thank you! You are taking being voted quite well..

And Mido only has 3 votes on him at the moment. You seem to be stressed about having 2.

Come on guys, how is nobody else seeing this? Like I said, I don't wanna lynch him, but I at least wanna get more pressure on him. Let's at least do something productive.

Rishian

The Meat Shield
Keeseman makes some good points here..
I am torn. I want to leave my vote on Mido for the time being, but Timeless is looking more like scum...
I am going to have to keep an eye on this in order to decide better...

Axle, can we have a "how much time left" message, and maybe a tally?

Ah, true, you didn't vote. But is that helpful for you? I've got a couple points here:

1. Whether you've voted or not, you've still been bandwagoning. You've pretty much agreed with everybody on everything. Let me refer to a previous post by Heroine:

You're just going with the town, in order to avoid suspicion.

2. Remember why I'm trying to get people to vote for you?

Mido's helping me put pressure on you, and you seem the scummiest to me at the moment. I don't really wanna lynch you... yet. I simply don't have enough proof. But I want to find out more info about you. Pressure is the only way we can discover more about you, and Mido's helping me with that.

Let me refer to something Rishan said before:

And Mido only has 3 votes on him at the moment. You seem to be stressed about having 2.

Come on guys, how is nobody else seeing this? Like I said, I don't wanna lynch him, but I at least wanna get more pressure on him. Let's at least do something productive.

I'm not stressed. I understand where that vote from you was coming off of, but I was simply inquiring where Mido's came from, as to sum up the post he voted in me in, it was basically "I agree, VOTE" and also, shan't that also be taken as mido bandwagoning? Especially if his only reasons for voting are what you've said.

I think Axle should prune all inactives. It seems as though Axle has already expanded the day a bit. :P
^ This is obviously intentional! :)

Axle, can we have a "how much time left" message, and maybe a tally?
Yeh, sorry, here you go:

Day has been officially extended to Sunday the 17th. Day will end then. I will prune inactives in a second.

(Votes)
Mido: 3 (A Link In Time, Rishian, Timeless)
Timeless: 2 (Keeseman, Mido)

(Yet to Vote)
Atticus, Dr3W21, GirlWithAFairy, Heroine of Time, JuicieJ, Rachel, RegalBryant

EDIT: (I can edit, I'm the mod!)

The only inactive was RegalBryant. He has been modkilled. He was a Townie.

Soooo... What happens if we end up with a tied vote between two people? Do we not have a lynch? I'm rather reluctant to vote right now... If I choose, I'll break the tie. (Right? I don't see any votes except ALiT and Rishian on Mido, Mido and Keeseman on Timeless. It's interesting that Mido voted for Timeless but Timeless hasn't said anything... XD)
If there's a tie, I'll kill one of the two tied people randomly.

Last edited:

Sydney

The Good Samaritan
The only inactive was RegalBryant. He has been modkilled. He was a Townie.

I. ****ING. CALLED. IT.

Vote: Rishian

Rishian, you keep blatantly ignoring my posts when I'm calling you out. Not only that, SINCE I'VE MENTIONED IT SEVERAL TIMES, you never ONCE thought that RB could be town. You voted for him without thinking, but quickly unvoted to bandwagon with ALIT. Guess what? It's time for a wake up call, pal! RB is Town, and you look very suspicious in my eyes!

Rishian

The Meat Shield
I. ****ING. CALLED. IT.

Rishian, you keep blatantly ignoring my posts when I'm calling you out. Not only that, SINCE I'VE MENTIONED IT SEVERAL TIMES, you never ONCE thought that RB could be town. You voted for him without thinking, but quickly unvoted to bandwagon with ALIT. Guess what? It's time for a wake up call, pal! RB is Town, and you look very suspicious in my eyes!

Alright.... so Yah, I thought that he could be scum, but I WAS waiting for a reply to change votes. Other people made the good point of saying that it would be a wasted vote, so I voted with other people in order to move the game along.

Atticus, now you are the one looking quite scummy with all of your "Pal" garbage, and bravado. Can you please show me where you "you keep blatantly ignoring my posts when I'm calling you out"? Because I do not recall once where you did. I did see that you said "hey, wait, he could be a townie!" But I don't recall you "calling me out".

I call on everyone, that if I am killed and proven to be a townie, that Atticus is in fact Scum. Please... Please remember this! He is trying to overblow my actions, and this seems as though it could be a scum move. As I recall, I defended myself on my vote, and even Mido said that was cool once I gave my reasoning. So... Atticus, why are you suddenly on this?

FOS: Atticus

Another Post:
(This should seperate from my other post, but if it doesn't I just want to prove I am not editing)
Also, as for "quickly changing votes" I did that over the course of like 2 days (or more!) IRL... thats not that quick in my eyes..

Sydney

The Good Samaritan
Wow, just wow. Now I'm almost certain you're scum. Instead of carelessly voting, you could have just as easily sat back and waited for his statement. Like who? Like everyone ELSE who was playing the game. But no. You went ahead and only based your vote on inactivity. THAT's hella scummy.

I called you out TWICE and you ignored me each and every damn time.
Atticus said:
Oh my goddddddddd, it's like you're in my miiiiinnnnnddddd. I haven't even bothered looking into Mido or Timeless, because frankly I see nothing that holds them as scum. Rishian is catching my eye. He voted RB without even bothering to get his statement, not even giving the thought that he could be a townie. Then, as soon as ALIT votes for Mido, he quickly jumps in and bandwagons behind him. Bandwagoning gets the ball rolling, but when you do so in that manner, it gives off an odd vibe. I have to agree with Heroine here, you haven't even shown much suspicion against Mido.

FoS: Rishian

Atticus said:
I honestly, no matter how much I may or may not agree with his post, think Rishian was way too quick to vote. RB's noobiness isn't an effective reason to vote, but it sure as hell is a great reason to be suspicious of him. Until we can get a sufficient lead on RB's affiliation, he isn't quite worth a vote. Besides, I don't think Rishian once thought of the possibility that he could turn up town. And that this could be a huge risk if we all bandwagon to lynch him. Without statements, without rock solid evidence, townies will die.

Hell, even HEROINE called you out! And guess what? You ignored her too!
Heroine of Time said:
Also, Rishian, I don't really understand your reasons for voting for bandwagoning with ALiT still. I don't think you're Mafia, but it's just odd. Yes, you're better off voting for an active player than an inactive one, but that doesn't mean you HAVE to vote. You haven't PERSONALLY shown much suspicion of Mido until now compared to some others, so I found it strange and sudden

Rishian said:
I call on everyone, that if I am killed and proven to be a townie, that Atticus is in fact Scum. Please... Please remember this! He is trying to overblow my actions, and this seems as though it could be a scum move. As I recall, I defended myself on my vote, and even Mido said that was cool once I gave my reasoning. So... Atticus, why are you suddenly on this?

You severely need an eye exam. You clearly don't see that I'm obviously a townie. Way back when we still had our cop, he mentioned that I was the ONLY one who he DID NOT receive a scum vibe from. After his tragic death, I avenged him by leading the lynch against Raindrop. It's pretty much obvious I'm town, I can't even make it more obvious. You're being so oblivious to this fact! It can only mean you're scum and you want to put heat on an innocent townie.

Oh, and just so we're clear, I'm a girl. I thought I made that clear a while ago. :/

Face it, Rishian, you're guilty.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
You severely need an eye exam. You clearly don't see that I'm obviously a townie.

More likely that he's Mafia and is pulling at straws to shift suspicion away from him. Which, given the circumstances, is probably about 98% possible.

I initially hesitated with this vote due to what happened with TheMasterSword, but Rishian's reactions are just giving him away. Looking back, I realize I jumped the gun with TMS, as his posts didn't quite explicitly suggest scum, but Rishian is just flopping like a fish out of water at this point.

Sydney

The Good Samaritan
Geez, don't condemn Rish so harshly.

AINT_NOBODY_GOT_TIME_FOR_THAT_.gif

Mido

Version 1
:/ Mido also says a simply agrees and bandwagons, and that isn't scummy, considering you're calling me out for the same thing?

To be fair, yes. I have agreed with players' points, and most of these points have harbored evidence inside them, things that I have also observed myself. Now in certain situations, that can come off as pretty darn scummy. On the contrary, when have I bandwagoned in any way this game? Sure, we all wagoned against Raindrop because she was confirmed scum, but other than that, I fail to see how I've bandwagoned in any way. I did not participate in Darknut's lynch, and in TMS's lynch, sure, I wasn't the first to vote, but I was the one who initially led suspicion on him because of his actions that day. (Which I now regret :()

And also, agreeing with what ALIT has said, Rishian doesn't really deserve this much flak. Now his own suspicions on Atticus somewhat ring a bell for me, since she is basically a confirmed townie at this point in the game, but otherwise, I think this is all just a misunderstanding here. My vote will stand for now.

EBWODP: Yeah, just realized the underline code didn't work, oops. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom