• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Beginner's Mafia 7 - Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keeseman

Smash is Life
Okay, Dr3W, I've been somewhat swayed away from my conviction of you. But this is for different reasons than your own.

Mido brings up a very good point:

Mido said:
Makes sense to me, for now, but I'm mainly suspicious of TMS at the moment, as he promised evidence and hasn't delivered. He still has to be accounted for. Now he may just very well be inactive, but with the day ending soon, I'm expecting answers for his motives.
FOS: TheMasterSword

This post has caused all the trouble over Dr3W, and I think this to be the more suspicious:

TMS said:
I have this gut feeling that Raindrop is scum. I don't quite know how to explain my reasoning yet, however I am extremely confident in him being scum. I'll give my reasoning soon

Has absolutely no reasoning to give us. "Extremely confident in [Rainy] being scum", despite the fact that he can't explain that reasoning. To me, that sounds as if he's trying to desperately kill someone who labeled him as "80% mafia" in this post:

Raindrop14 said:
TheMasterSword: His first and last post stated he'd lay back until some better posts came up, besides random votes which do nothing. And here we are, this is no random vote discussion. He hasn't come up, and thus I conclude he does not want to get into it, because he knows he'd have to say something, against his mafia bud. So, %80 mafia.

Notice that he also got angry at her earlier for judging him as one of the 5 most likely mafia members:

TMS said:
Your statement was rather bold, to be quite frank. Assuming I'm mafia because I haven't posted yet? I play baseball, im in band, and I'm studying for finals, and if you think Im going to let this game take up my time so I don't get pegged as mafia then you're surely mistaken.
Darknut_Hunter has a high probability of mafia, his posts make the smallest gestures of him being mafia. Small gestures can build up to become large ones. Thus, Darknut is a Prime candidate to lynch.
One thing I find hilarious about this list is the amount of mafia that are in it. 10 possible mafia! That hardly ever happens, and I highly doubt that Axle would make such a large mafia for a beginners game. If I recall correctly, beginners games tend to have 3-4 mafia members. 10 just adds so many people to add suspicions on, and quite frankly it is a ridiculous amount to say. 1 Townie, and 5 possible town. Are you a mad man? You do realize your suspicions are showing that mafia most likely out numbers town ALREADY. This means the game would be over already. I highly suggest you broaden your list, because as of right now your list is quite improbable. Also, a majority of your assumptions are based off one sole action. This is ridiculous.

Oh, man. He really flipped out on that one. Could it have been because he is actually a mafioso?! *pheonix wright points a dramatic finger at TMS*

Also, if you notice, he joined the rest of us and voted for Darknut_Hunter. It is very possible that he knew DH was a townie, and being mafia, joined with the rest of us in order to not seem suspicious.

In conclusion, TMS has very little reasoning in his trying to lynch someone who very likely has accused him correctly. He still has not given us his reasoning.

I'm incredibly sorry if this is because of your band practice, baseball and whatnot- that you continue to be involved in over the holidays for some reason- are the cause for not giving us your reasoning yet. :right:

Unvote: Dr3W21
Vote: TheMasterSword

If I die tonight, please know that have almost definitely found a mafia member. I also urge you to unvote Dr3W, as he seems to have cleared something up in his suspicion. Remember, this same thing happened with Darknut_Hunter before, and that didn't end too well for him, and harmed the town.

EBWODP: I'd also like to ask for an extension. Noticing how quite a few of us are going to be inactive for a week or so, I think we should have maybe about a week added before this day ends. I will also be heading to my grandparents' tomorrow, and they most likely will not let me have access to the internet (they don't like electronics), so I'll probably be inactive for around a week (I'm not sure how long I'll be there). So, Axle, I suggest we have an extension, also considering that you haven't ended this day because, I assume, you've been busy yourself. So yeah, an extension would probably be best.

Last edited:

Sydney

The Good Samaritan
I'm still waiting on TMS, but I'm getting impatient. I want that reason as to why he's voting for Rainy, but it seems that we're never going to get it. I don't know how much longer we're going to wait for it, or if we'll even get a reason at all. Him voting without providing details and evidence is very scummy, and thus I vote.

Vote: TheMasterSword

TheMasterSword

The Blade of Evil's Bane
I'm really busy,and I apologize for not saying so before hand. Now, quite frankly, I'm going to tell you something. I can't give you a valid reason based of posts. However, I can tell you something, and if lynching me is the only way you are to believe me the next day, so be it! I have an ability that allows me to find out the roles of individual players. I chose a certain player, raindrop, and it came back with a positive identification. Saying this alone will guarantee my lynching or a nightkill, but I'd rather lose a mafia member and myself then two townies, wouldn't you? Also, Atticus is the only person so far who hasn't given me a scum vibe. Many say another mafia member (and many have voted on it) is Dr3. Dr3 has a low chance of being scum, based on the following things:
Raindrop14 (confirmed mafia) is going against him and put a vote on him.
This is a beginners game, so I doubt that mafia would use an advanced and risky tactic such as voting for another fellow mafia (like I did in FMA Mafia)

Maybe I'm wrong, but the evidence so far has given me good faith. So my vote for Raindrop14 stands.

Also, JuiceJ, I'm calling you out based on your posts. You didn't post much in round one (if I recall, the only post you had was a youtube video). THe posts you had today all went along with what Raindrop has posted. Defend yourself

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
Also, JuiceJ, I'm calling you out based on your posts. You didn't post much in round one (if I recall, the only post you had was a youtube video). THe posts you had today all went along with what Raindrop has posted. Defend yourself

None of my posts had anything to do with Raindrop, and these posts you speak of weren't even posted today. You might want to pay a little more attention to detail before calling someone out. Makes it seem like you're out to get them. In which case...

IGMEOY: TheMasterSword

GirlWithAFairy

Man... the ****???
None of my posts had anything to do with Raindrop, and these posts you speak of weren't even posted today. You might want to pay a little more attention to detail before calling someone out. Makes it seem like you're out to get them. In which case...

Your posts dont really have anything to do with anything. Youre really not contributing at all JJ.

FoS: JJ

Raindrop14

Soldier for Christ!
Now, quite frankly, I'm going to tell you something. I can't give you a valid reason based of posts. However, I can tell you something, and if lynching me is the only way you are to believe me the next day, so be it! I have an ability that allows me to find out the roles of individual players. I chose a certain player, raindrop, and it came back with a positive identification. Saying this alone will guarantee my lynching or a nightkill, but I'd rather lose a mafia member and myself then two townies, wouldn't you? Also, Atticus is the only person so far who hasn't given me a scum vibe. Many say another mafia member (and many have voted on it) is Dr3. Dr3 has a low chance of being scum, based on the following things:
This is a beginners game, so I doubt that mafia would use an advanced and risky tactic such as voting for another fellow mafia (like I did in FMA Mafia)

Maybe I'm wrong, but the evidence so far has given me good faith. So my vote for Raindrop14 stands.

Now that first thing cought my eye. How can we know you are telling the truth? You could possibly be saying that, because you have no other reason for voting. And it would seem scummy for unvoting, so you must stick with it. Now role claiming could be useful in some people's eyes, but I never trust a role claim. You could never tell if someone was lying or not. Now the real cop (if you aren't the cop) could come out and say "I'm the cop!" One could never tell which was which, but I doubt that the real cop would come out, and risk being night-killed. So you could be fake claiming, and the real cop will not want to come out because he doesn't want to be night-killed. And that's a smart move, the cop is very useful to the town. So this role claim means nothing to me.

Now as for the second part, JJ states that first off, it wasn't posted today, second, his posts didn't even mention my name, ever. So it seems here that you are eager to either lynch him or me, and you'll let everyone else take the pick. That last part especially is scummy, seeing as it's a proven lie. Yes he did post a YouTube video at first, but he has made a few contributions after he was reminded of the game's existance.

FoS: TheMasterSword

Sydney

The Good Samaritan
I'm really busy,and I apologize for not saying so before hand. Now, quite frankly, I'm going to tell you something. I can't give you a valid reason based of posts. However, I can tell you something, and if lynching me is the only way you are to believe me the next day, so be it! I have an ability that allows me to find out the roles of individual players. I chose a certain player, raindrop, and it came back with a positive identification. Saying this alone will guarantee my lynching or a nightkill, but I'd rather lose a mafia member and myself then two townies, wouldn't you? Also, Atticus is the only person so far who hasn't given me a scum vibe. Many say another mafia member (and many have voted on it) is Dr3. Dr3 has a low chance of being scum, based on the following things:

Role claiming; that's a pretty risky move. You almost had me for a second, believing that you were actually the cop, but now I'm starting to reconsider... In addition to that, you said you received a positive identification about Rainy being a Mafia member, but then you say "maybe I'm wrong". Are you doubting yourself even though you've claimed to receive "factual" evidence? So, in a sense, you're doubting your gut feeling that you trusted to begin with?

Raindrop14 said:
Now the real cop (if you aren't the cop) could come out and say "I'm the cop!" One could never tell which was which, but I doubt that the real cop would come out, and risk being night-killed.

This is a good point. The cop is essential to the Town's survival, why would they risk being night-killed by role claiming? Exactly, the real cop would realize how much of an asset they are to the town, and wouldn't put themselves and the town in danger.

As far as JJ goes, he has been more active than he was on the first day, and dare I say that his contributions were actual useful. He's made more frequent posts, and has actually made a vote or two. Looking back at his posts, I don't see anything that shows that he's been going along with Rainy. If anything, maybe I see some bandwagoning, but I don't see anything else.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
Your posts dont really have anything to do with anything. Youre really not contributing at all JJ.

You seem to be out to get me, Jenn. All of your posts have been against me in some shape, form, or fashion. That's pretty scummy if you ask me.

FoS: GirlWithAFairy

EBWODP: Clarification. All of your posts involving me have been against me in some shape, form, or fashion.

Last edited:

GirlWithAFairy

Man... the ****???
You seem to be out to get me, Jenn. All of your posts have been against me in some shape, form, or fashion. That's pretty scummy if you ask me.

FoS: GirlWithAFairy

EBWODP: Clarification. All of your posts involving me have been against me in some shape, form, or fashion.

Im just trying to feel you out and get you to post something with subtance becuse it feels to me like youre looking for a wagon to hop on. So please, by all means post away my friend.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
Im just trying to feel you out and get you to post something with subtance becuse it feels to me like youre looking for a wagon to hop on. So please, by all means post away my friend.

I've maintained my own ground the whole time. Someone sort of convinced me to vote for Dr3W2, but said person made a great point. I haven't been manipulated by anyone, nor am I trying to hop on any kind of wagon. Not to sound paranoid, but I have a feeling you're making things up just to indirectly lobby people against me. My posts suggest the complete opposite of what you're accusing me of.

TheMasterSword

The Blade of Evil's Bane

You do realize we're in mafia time. SO yes these posts are today. You should also pay attention to detail before calling someone out for the same thing.

Role claiming; that's a pretty risky move. You almost had me for a second, believing that you were actually the cop, but now I'm starting to reconsider... In addition to that, you said you received a positive identification about Rainy being a Mafia member, but then you say "maybe I'm wrong". Are you doubting yourself even though you've claimed to receive "factual" evidence? So, in a sense, you're doubting your gut feeling that you trusted to begin with?

This is a good point. The cop is essential to the Town's survival, why would they risk being night-killed by role claiming? Exactly, the real cop would realize how much of an asset they are to the town, and wouldn't put themselves and the town in danger.

As far as JJ goes, he has been more active than he was on the first day, and dare I say that his contributions were actual useful. He's made more frequent posts, and has actually made a vote or two. Looking back at his posts, I don't see anything that shows that he's been going along with Rainy. If anything, maybe I see some bandwagoning, but I don't see anything else.

EBWODP:
I role claimed for one reason: I was going to get taken out if I didn't. I made a risky move to get rid of a mafia member and town, rather then two townies. Raindrop, the real cop won't come out because I AM the real cop. They would risk nightkilling themselves, but I'd rather be a martyr then a random dead townie. I said maybe I'm wrong to not positively identify myself as the cop, as a sort of shield. However I see that has backfired. Vote for me if you wish, I don't care what your opinions are anylonger. I'm a dead man posting, and raindrop surely knows this. SO take my warning, or lose two townies tonight.

Last edited:

Dr3W21

shoegaze girl
I role claimed for one reason: I was going to get taken out if I didn't. I made a risky move to get rid of a mafia member and town, rather then two townies. Raindrop, the real cop won't come out because I AM the real cop. They would risk nightkilling themselves, but I'd rather be a martyr then a random dead townie. I said maybe I'm wrong to not positively identify myself as the cop, as a sort of shield. However I see that has backfired. Vote for me if you wish, I don't care what your opinions are anylonger. I'm a dead man posting, and raindrop surely knows this. SO take my warning, or lose two townies tonight.

Wait... so, in the same post, you say you're the cop but then use a "sort of shield" to "not positively identify [your]self as the cop"? That's like saying "Hey, my name's Joe." and then later saying "Hey, my name might be Joe, but I'm not sure."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom