• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Beginner's Mafia 7 - Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sydney

The Good Samaritan
Raindrop14 said:
Ahem, now I know how many mafia there are and townie, as Axle stated in his beginning post. 4 mafia with a Godfather, 1 cop, 1 doctor and 10 other townies. Tada! 5-12 Okay, with that done I move on to what I'd really like to say here. Yes not all 10 can be mafia, that would be totally ridiculous. But am I supposed to pick out only five? What if everyone is being suspicious in my eyes, well they can't all be mafia. But that still means any one of them could be mafia, some with higher percentages. In my case, there are ten suspicions. They can't all be mafia, but each one of them is a probability.

I still think it's strange that you would cast your suspicions on so many people. You're right, not all of them can be mafia, but there's no reason to be so overly cautious. Truth be told, the majority of the people you've cast suspicion are most likely townies. Only a small fraction of them could be mafia. I'm not sure if your cautiousness comes from fear of being lynched as a townie, or fear that you'll be weeded out as a mafiaso.

Raindrop14 said:
Mido: I know he's a new player, so slip ups from him will have to be taken less seriously because new people, Townie or no, will seem like mafia almost all the time when they make a mistake. But I'd say %55 mafia.

If every new player were to slip up during this game, you might as well assume they're all mafia. Oh wait, you kind of already did by accusing several players of having mafia potential for making the mistake of not posting/being inactive.

Raindrop14 said:
And, I assume those who do not post often are mafia because they posted once, and after all this still nothing.

That still doesn't justify as to why you assume one has more potential to be scum than another. Like I said, both JJ and Drew have only posted once. In addition to that, neither of them have voted. Yet you wish to believe that JJ is 65% scum, and Drew is a merely 50/50. That makes no sense to me whatsoever.

Raindrop14

Soldier for Christ!
Picturing this music to the situation.
[video=youtube;Fje8t9Jyy-o]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fje8t9Jyy-o[/video]

A video, which is absolutelly no participation whatsoever.

I'm in the same position as TheMasterSword.
RVS'ing may be a decent tactic, but it's not really my thing and I don't really see much purpose to it.
It does sort-of get the game going, however, so I guess you can RVS on if that's your thing. :P

He did say one thing, but it was more partaking to the game than what JJ posted. Therefore, I have my suspicions as previously said.

Keeseman

Smash is Life
I still think it's strange that you would cast your suspicions on so many people. You're right, not all of them can be mafia, but there's no reason to be so overly cautious. Truth be told, the majority of the people you've cast suspicion are most likely townies. Only a small fraction of them could be mafia. I'm not sure if your cautiousness comes from fear of being lynched as a townie, or fear that you'll be weeded out as a mafiaso.

Uh... Isn't that kind of the whole point of the game? Let me refer you to the first rule that Axle posted:

Axle the Beast said:
- DO NOT PM EACH OTHER ABOUT YOUR ROLES. Mystery and assumptions are the point of this game, so if all the Townies band together through PMs you will ruin this game. Play with integrity. Lying is fine though. Mafia members may lie that they are Townie. Deception is a major aspect of this game.

We are supposed to be suspicious of everyone. If we aren't, what's the point of even playing? The mafia will just get us all, because we'll never get any voting done. You can't just wait for someone to make a huge slip-up revealing that they are a Mafia. There is supposed to be pressure on everyone.

Which is, what I assume, what Rainy was trying to do.

And, it also looks like you are trying to do that, by claiming that she is doing it too much. Hypocritical, if you ask me.

Dr3W21

shoegaze girl
Ehh... I'll have to Vote: Raindrop14.
I very well may undo this vote later, but it is for this reason
I have this gut feeling that Raindrop is scum. I don't quite know how to explain my reasoning yet, however I am extremely confident in him being scum. I'll give my reasoning soon
that I vote for her.

And
Atticus said:
IGMEOY: univpark

You're inactiveness (Is that still a word?) has become even more suspicious considering this has now become the second day. I'll definitely keep my eye on you.
She could very well just be a bit inactive because everybody sort-of freaked out about the one post she's made and made accusations based on it. It's happened to me a few times, and I've done the same thing before.

Oh, and I believe the word to use there would be inactivity, Atticus. ;)

Rachel

be vigitant

that I vote for her.

You're voting for her because of someone else's gut feeling? Because you're not giving any solid evidence, it looks like you're joining a bandwagon against her. Rainy was (in my opinion) hard on some players in her list, but, as Rainy clearly said, at least she is providing reasons for her suspicions. For the players she guessed to be mafia, she pointed out why she thought they were mafia.

What I'm saying is, the reason you're using for your vote is TheMasterSword's, another player's, gut feeling?

Mido

Version 1

that I vote for her.

And

She could very well just be a bit inactive because everybody sort-of freaked out about the one post she's made and made accusations based on it. It's happened to me a few times, and I've done the same thing before.

Oh, and I believe the word to use there would be inactivity, Atticus. ;)

Are you just waiting for TMS's reasons for voting Raindrop, or are you just 'going along' with his vote. There isn't any evidence to justify your reasons just yet. Could you explain your reasoning, please?

GirlWithAFairy

Man... the ****???
Vote: univpark Going off of others suspicions, that seem to have a valid argument. (Unfortunately, these others suspicions also find me suspicious. :kawaii:)

Im actually felling you on univpark. The whole inactive thing is a huge turn off for me to think they are townie. It looks like the whole "Im going to hang back and see what goes down here" sort of deal.

Keeseman

Smash is Life
Vote: univpark Going off of others suspicions, that seem to have a valid argument. (Unfortunately, these others suspicions also find me suspicious. :kawaii:)

I'm pretty sure they found you suspicious because of how deceivingly fabulous your avy is.

On a more serious note, I say we go for the lynch on univpark. If she is threatened with a lynch, she will be forced to go active and explain her actions. If, after coming online, convinces me that she is a townie, I will remove my vote and turn my attention elsewhere.

So, Vote: univpark.

Also, as others have stated, your logic doesn't make sense, Drew. You're bandwagoning with someone who didn't give logical reasoning at all. This looks suspiciously like a Mafia teamup, just to let you know. IGMEOY: TMS and Dr3W21

Dr3W21

shoegaze girl
To answer the question that's being asked by like 3 different people:
I would never vote for somebody just because somebody else had a gut feeling... that just wouldn't make any sense. I was trying to imply that I had a sort-of gut feeling, and I guess agreeing with another person who had a similar feeling sort-of makes it look like I was agreeing with them just for the sake of it. I should've been more specific (or just not quoted him at all).

Sydney

The Good Samaritan
A video, which is absolutelly no participation whatsoever.

He did say one thing, but it was more partaking to the game than what JJ posted. Therefore, I have my suspicions as previously said.

Ah, took a while for my brain to process, but I understand where you're coming from. Nevertheless, I still find you very suspicious.

Uh... Isn't that kind of the whole point of the game? Let me refer you to the first rule that Axle posted:

We are supposed to be suspicious of everyone. If we aren't, what's the point of even playing? The mafia will just get us all, because we'll never get any voting done. You can't just wait for someone to make a huge slip-up revealing that they are a Mafia. There is supposed to be pressure on everyone.

Which is, what I assume, what Rainy was trying to do.

And, it also looks like you are trying to do that, by claiming that she is doing it too much. Hypocritical, if you ask me.

Call me hypocritical if you like, but if I see scum, I call it like it is. Yes, we should be cautious, but didn't I specifically say she was being overly cautious? There's an obvious difference. Someone's who's being cautious makes general suspicions and doesn't believe over half the players are mafia. Yes, Rainy is being cautious, but she's just being too cautious. I believe this comes from the fear that she'll be discovered as a mafia member, or even the Godfather. Besides TMS, I also have a gut feeling that she's mafia (I'm not basing my reasons off of his, because he's yet to post any reasons).

Hey, I'm sick so I wont be on for a few days. Just letting you know that. ;)
Get well soon... >_>

You shouldn't go off of other's suspicions. You should have your own suspicions, and gather your own evidence. Never go off of what someone else has gathered. For all we know, univpark could be an inactive Townie. Does her inactivity make her suspicious? By God yes, she looks hella suspicious right now, but no matter how suspicious or scummy someone looks, they can always turn out innocent.

Also, if we're going to start targeting the inactive players, we should look into both Violet and JuicieJ.

I'm pretty sure they found you suspicious because of how deceivingly fabulous your avy is.

On a more serious note, I say we go for the lynch on univpark. If she is threatened with a lynch, she will be forced to go active and explain her actions. If, after coming online, convinces me that she is a townie, I will remove my vote and turn my attention elsewhere.

So, Vote: univpark.

Also, as others have stated, your logic doesn't make sense, Drew. You're bandwagoning with someone who didn't give logical reasoning at all. This looks suspiciously like a Mafia teamup, just to let you know. IGMEOY: TMS and Dr3W21

Keeseman, what makes you think that everyone bandwagoning to lynch univpark will get her online? She hasn't been on to the participate for the entire first day, and she has yet to make another post. I have doubts she will keep participating. Is there a possibility for a modkill?

As for Drew, I also believe that he's bandwagoning.

To answer the question that's being asked by like 3 different people:
I would never vote for somebody just because somebody else had a gut feeling... that just wouldn't make any sense. I was trying to imply that I had a sort-of gut feeling, and I guess agreeing with another person who had a similar feeling sort-of makes it look like I was agreeing with them just for the sake of it. I should've been more specific (or just not quoted him at all).

You're confusing me... I honestly believe you're bandwagoning with TMS... And now you're doubting your previous post... wat.

Keeseman

Smash is Life
Atty said:
Keeseman, what makes you think that everyone bandwagoning to lynch univpark will get her online? She hasn't been on to the participate for the entire first day, and she has yet to make another post. I have doubts she will keep participating. Is there a possibility for a modkill?

To answer your question, it's because I've seen this happen before on SC Mafia (it's a battle.net mod). People will stay silent and say nothing for in-game days, and then when a bunch of people vote to lynch them, they pop up all of the sudden with things like, "What?", "Why me?", "What did I do?", or even better: "I'm inno because..." Just my reasoning on that one.

Also, if we were to modkill everyone who has been inactive as univpark has, we'd have to kill about 4 people (JJ, New Link, Violet, univpark). And we don't know what the outcome of that would be like. It may give the Mafia an unfair advantage, or kill off 2 or 3 mafioso. It probably wouldn't work.

So, should we bother with this lynch threat on univpark or not?

Heroine of Time

Rest in peace, Paris Caper...
Teaming up against univpark to force her to defend herself is similar my thoughts, too – though I was thinking the other way around. She's had some suspicion on her before, but she hasn't spoken up, so I'm thinking that it honestly is inactivity.

Or she COULD be lying low... I don't know... I just thought that it was interesting to point out.

I just find it odd that she hasn't posted at all. I believe that just saying "univpark, get on Mafia" makes more sense than senselessly voting for her. Suspicion hasn't lured her out in the past, so maybe just pointing out that we WILL begin to lynch her if she doesn't get on might be more effective.

By the way, it's finals week for me, so I probably won't be too active (not that I REALLY was before... everyone kind of ignored my only significant post, but yeah. XD). Not sure about next week, either, since it's Christmas. Sorry!

Keeseman

Smash is Life
Alright, then.

Unvote: univpark

BTW, I'll be on a plane tomorrow (21st) leaving to Canada. I'll have less access after that, so don't expect me to be too active after today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom