• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Beginner's Mafia 7 - Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raindrop14

Soldier for Christ!
Wow, a bunch of people RVing now. And now I have suspicions.

IGMEOY: Violet, Heroine of Time, GirlWithAFairy, Mido

Reasons:

So, I make the first RV (Random Vote) right? And then New Link gets back. That's entirely okay, as this is a beginner game. Then, Furie joins the wagon for (I assume) fun, and DH. And that's where everything goes wacko. Now I don't know your play styles guys, so you may RV all the time in every game, I don't know. But what I'm getting here, is sort of scum tactic. To blend in, and be "funny" so as to appear innocent town.

Well, okay then. I'll go with the RVS then.

Notice, how she says she'll follow the rest of the group. Seems to me, she is mafia trying to blend with town.

Vote: Timeless

Just for you, Timeless. I personally think you're VERY suspicious...

Seems to me she wants to be a funny innocent town, blending.

This is all I have, everything else is gut feeling based off the fact that almost everyone now has voted randomly and others are doing the same so as to blend with the townies.

Dr3W21

shoegaze girl
I'm in the same position as TheMasterSword.
RVS'ing may be a decent tactic, but it's not really my thing and I don't really see much purpose to it.
It does sort-of get the game going, however, so I guess you can RVS on if that's your thing. :P

Keeseman

Smash is Life
WOOOOHOOOOOOOOOO!!! TWO RV'S ALREADY!!!

like_a_boss.jpg
;)

But I'll be busy this entire week due to mid-terms IRL. I'll try to keep up as much as I can, tho.

Mido

Version 1
We just have to wait for more votes. I can see where TheMasterSword's getting off at, but the RVS is the main thing getting the game rolling at the moment.

Moonstone

embrace the brand new day
IGMEOY: Raindrop 14

Your post was very insightful, and not incorrect. However, I can't help but feel that you may be tricking us yourself. It would be just like a mafioso to lull us with logical statements.

Not sure if being helpful,
Or clever mafioso tricking us with sound logic.

DZLv3.gif

Sorry for double post, but edits aren't allowed, right?

Unvote: Heroine of Time

Vote: Raindrop14.

Heroine of Time was a random. But now I mean business.

Last edited:

Johnny Sooshi

Just a sleepy guy
Exactly what I was thinking. RVS is all well and good to start the game, but we can't really start saying "xxx is suspicious" and going at each other until we have the first night to go off of.

True, but that gives mafia free kill. I'm not saying RV someone to death, but I think that someone will slip up.

GirlWithAFairy

Man... the ****???
Exactly what I was thinking. RVS is all well and good to start the game, but we can't really start saying "xxx is suspicious" and going at each other until we have the first night to go off of.

Im guessing the "suspicious" accusations were ment in playful jest to get the ball rolling. But thats JMO.

Raindrop14

Soldier for Christ!
Im guessing the "suspicious" accusations were ment in playful jest to get the ball rolling. But thats JMO.

I agree here, although maybe not entirely. You see, probably most of them were, and then the rest were mafia blending by being "playful" too. Here is an unofficial tally of votes to show you something...

2 - Keeseman (Violet, GirlWithAFairy)
2 - Raindrop14 (New Link, Furie)
1 - New Link (Raindrop14)
1 - Dr3W21 (Darknut_Hunter)
1 - Darknut_Hunter (Mido)
1 - Timeless (Heroine of Time)

Two votes for Keeseman and me. Now I'm not aiming to accuse my accusers, I'm just stating what my thoughts are on the matter. The first vote on me, was from New Link, which whom the random generator I picked for my RV. I understand this being a beginner game, and will accept some beginner mishaps of the like. In that sense, I assume he was accusing me, because I voted him, and that's mostly acceptable in a beginner game, from a beginner. The second vote, from Furie, was because he thinks I'm suspicious because I put out something sound, so he assumes I'm blending by helping or possibly not helping. And that quite alright too, as I might do the same.

Two votes for Keeseman. Now this is where it's strange. Yes these are random votes, and they might have used Random.org to get this as I did mine. But the first vote to Keeseman came from Violet, after she had stated:

Random Vote? That's too early. We should wait for more post and let's see.

After Axle explained it though, she decided to go with the flow in her most recent post afterwards (a scummy tactic for a beginner) (although I'm not sure how many of you guys are actual beginners so perhaps Vio isn't a beginner, but she does appear to be so)

Well, okay then. I'll go with the RVS then.

Vote: Keeseman

As I said, she may have used Random.org for this, but I'm not getting to who she voted for, but why she even voted. It's obvious she wants to appear town, when everyone else is random voting too. So she did it because Axle explained Random Voting, and she didn't want to seem "out of the norm" for not voting.

As for the second vote on Keeseman, it's a 50-50 chance that she was scum following town, or that her play style is random voting at the beginning. And she also could have used the random generator, it surpasses me as I don't know.

Thus, with these conclusions, I will Unvote: New Link and Vote: Violet

Mido

Version 1
I agree here, although maybe not entirely. You see, probably most of them were, and then the rest were mafia blending by being "playful" too. Here is an unofficial tally of votes to show you something...

2 - Keeseman (Violet, GirlWithAFairy)
2 - Raindrop14 (New Link, Furie)
1 - New Link (Raindrop14)
1 - Dr3W21 (Darknut_Hunter)
1 - Darknut_Hunter (Mido)
1 - Timeless (Heroine of Time)

Two votes for Keeseman and me. Now I'm not aiming to accuse my accusers, I'm just stating what my thoughts are on the matter. The first vote on me, was from New Link, which whom the random generator I picked for my RV. I understand this being a beginner game, and will accept some beginner mishaps of the like. In that sense, I assume he was accusing me, because I voted him, and that's mostly acceptable in a beginner game, from a beginner. The second vote, from Furie, was because he thinks I'm suspicious because I put out something sound, so he assumes I'm blending by helping or possibly not helping. And that quite alright too, as I might do the same.

Two votes for Keeseman. Now this is where it's strange. Yes these are random votes, and they might have used Random.org to get this as I did mine. But the first vote to Keeseman came from Violet, after she had stated:

After Axle explained it though, she decided to go with the flow in her most recent post afterwards (a scummy tactic for a beginner) (although I'm not sure how many of you guys are actual beginners so perhaps Vio isn't a beginner, but she does appear to be so)

As I said, she may have used Random.org for this, but I'm not getting to who she voted for, but why she even voted. It's obvious she wants to appear town, when everyone else is random voting too. So she did it because Axle explained Random Voting, and she didn't want to seem "out of the norm" for not voting.

As for the second vote on Keeseman, it's a 50-50 chance that she was scum following town, or that her play style is random voting at the beginning. And she also could have used the random generator, it surpasses me as I don't know.

Thus, with these conclusions, I will Unvote: New Link and Vote: Violet

I think your conclusions make sense, but I won't jump to conclusions just yet. It depends on what Violet's input on the matter may be. I'll wait to hear more before I decide on anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom