• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Beginner's Mafia 7 - Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raindrop14

Soldier for Christ!
Eh!? Random voting already? Then I think I'll lay low for a while until someone acts suspicious~

As Axle explained Random Voting Stage (RVS) is very common at the beginning of a mafia game, seeing as there's nothing to go on. So RVS should not be so surprising.

But that's not what caught my eye. What did is what he said afterwards. "lay low for a while". Now I can see that as being scummy, as mafia often lay low in these games. But when he says it out right, that's either newb mistake being town or mafia. Although this post to me leads more towards newb town, due to the fact that a newb town that sees no point in posting for a while will "lay low" because they've got nothing to say. I see this as being a %60 town %40 mafia. As this is either way a newb mistake, it's hard to tell if it's mafia or town mistake.

Thus, IGMEOY: univpark

GirlWithAFairy

Man... the ****???
I get that, but this is also beginners mafia, so some of the newer players may not understand that it's a joke.

This is why the people that know what they are doing are here to help. Noobs cant learn how to play without people pointing things out and showing them the ropes. I just got dropped into Mafia and winged it.

Rachel

be vigitant
I agree... saying you're going to 'lay low' isn't helping the best way to lay low. You don't need to participate in random voting if you don't want to, but as Axle said the beginning of a game is generally a Random Voting Stage, really for lack of any other option.

This is why the people that know what they are doing are here to help. Noobs cant learn how to play without people pointing things out and showing them the ropes. I just got dropped into Mafia and winged it.

I totally agree. I was just saying that while it probably is horseplay to get the game going, it's completely against the point to have some new players bandwagoning or something just because someone playfully accused another.

Raindrop14

Soldier for Christ!
I totally agree. I was just saying that while it probably is horseplay to get the game going, it's completely against the point to have some new players bandwagoning or something just because someone playfully accused another.

^ That my friend, is correctomundo. We don't want to accidentally lynch a townie out of sillyness. But that doesn't make silly voting bad, it just sets examples which may not be very helpful to the new players.

Keeseman

Smash is Life
Based on how things are going, I might as well unvote.

Unvote

Not speaking suspicions here or anything, but typically this is never a good tactic, Mido. It's kinda pointless. In fact, it could arouse suspicion that you are a Mafia, considering that, as some people are getting IGMEOY'd now for RVing, you are trying to avoid arousing suspicion, making you suspicious anyway. But I digress.

Not saying anything, except to avoid doing this again in the future, as it is never a good tactic, being that doing this is pointless.

Johnny Sooshi

Just a sleepy guy
Well then here goes my views.

I believe in the RVS. I think it helps get a game started. However, a lynch is kinda necessary on the first day whether it's town or mafia. Lynches on the first day help show who could be what. Doing something and you may end up offing one of the town, but doing nothing will always off one of the town since the mafia will get a shot at NKing and more than likely they'll get someone that the doctor doesn't get. It's gamble, which is, in some respects, what mafia is all about. The mafia want to out bluff us to keep themselves under wraps, and you can be sure that some of the people bringing up strategies against RVing or for RVing are mafia. So in the end you gotta be able to read poker face over the internet. Analyze the text patterns and how they type.

So anyway, univark's comment on laying low is a little fishy, but overall I think it's just that she's new to the game, similar to a fair few other players. Rainy is smart so I'm not going to just assume she's not mafia, even if her reasoning is sound. But right now her input is viable and valuable and if she is mafia she'll slip up somewhere.

That's where I stand on all of this.

Mido

Version 1
Not speaking suspicions here or anything, but typically this is never a good tactic, Mido. It's kinda pointless. In fact, it could arouse suspicion that you are a Mafia, considering that, as some people are getting IGMEOY'd now for RVing, you are trying to avoid arousing suspicion, making you suspicious anyway. But I digress.

Not saying anything, except to avoid doing this again in the future, as it is never a good tactic, being that doing this is pointless.

Yeah, my mistake, just didn't see the point in keeping the vote up while new suspicions were coming in.

Moonstone

embrace the brand new day
Unvote: Raindrop14

Vote: Darknut_Hunter

However, a lynch is kinda necessary on the first day whether it's town or mafia.

Though your reasoning seems valid, only someone with the protection of the mafia at their back would make such a bold statement.

Johnny Sooshi

Just a sleepy guy
Unvote: Raindrop14

Vote: Darknut_Hunter

Though your reasoning seems valid, only someone with the protection of the mafia at their back would make such a bold statement.

Not really. In fact it's probably a stupid statement to make. See, I knew that people would read into it this way. So if I was mafia, why risk being killed by the town on a lynch on day one? When you consider it, it doesn't make much sense because I'm risking my life. There's know way I'd be avenged because it takes more than one vote to kill so it would be pointless.

What we need is to target someone who is showing scummy actions that make sense. If you look at my post, it may seem scummy, but it really isn't because of how much it reveals, ergo, I can't possibly be scum because that would be a stupid move.

And Unvote: Dr3W21

Moonstone

embrace the brand new day
I think you've made a mistake, and you're desperately covering it up now.
I'm further convinced of this because you also unvoted- for no reason!

Johnny Sooshi

Just a sleepy guy
I think you've made a mistake, and you're desperately covering it up now.
I'm further convinced of this because you also unvoted- for no reason!

Okay....believe what you want. But you'll be losing a member of the town who was trying to help out. I'm only defending myself because I don't want town to lose.

As for the unvote, that's just cause I RVed Drew on page one and it's pointless to vote for him right now since it was simply an RV.

Sorry I didn't jump in last night. Ironically enough I was at a concert all day yesterday :lol:

Okay down to business. Rainy's RV was fine but, New Link, your vote back, while not necessarily scummy, is adversarial, something that can put you in the spotlight, now or later.

Now, since it's the RVS, I'm gonna pop my own randomness in.

Vote: Dr3W21

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom