• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Beginner's Mafia 6 (Game Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
ALIT, you seem to be zipping from one target to the next, either to scumhunt or generate confusion between everyone. Now, before I cast a vote I'd like to hear your side of this. Most of your votes appear spontaneous and the stated reasons behind them good but a bit hasty. How do you plea?

There truly is no substantial evidence against anyone at the moment and I'm hoping to find a crack in the mafia wall. Tony, Josie, and PK Flash are suspicious with only one post each. I'm especially keeping my eyes peeled on the first since he seems like a cunning one. I may have been jumping to conclusions too quickly, Thareous, but from here on out I'll offer a more solid explanation.

So as I stated above for now...

FoS: Tony

TheMasterSword

The Blade of Evil's Bane
Hmm, I agree with David's PoV. So
Unvote: Zelda_geek
Hmm, we'll see what happens, but I got my eye on a few people. You an call me Zack btw.

Nicole

luke is my wife
Whoa whoa whoa, everyone hold their horses. I'm relatively sure you guys reached a majority on zelda_geek back on page 3. Once a majority is reached, votes cannot be changed. I'll let Axle know. In the meantime, you may still discuss whatever you wish.

Whoa whoa whoa, everyone hold their horses. I'm relatively sure you guys reached a majority on zelda_geek back on page 3. Once a majority is reached, votes cannot be changed. I'll let Axle know. In the meantime, you may still discuss whatever you wish.

Ah, Miss Nicole, as the first one to illegally unvote, I am very sorry. I read through the rules carefully but seem to have forgotten that fine point.

Tony said:
ALIT you're bouncing around from target to target, that's pretty suspicious in my eyes.
Vote: ALIT

As I explained in an earlier post to Thareous, I am endeavoring to break the Mafia wall by finding a crack or strange activity.

Johnny Sooshi

Just a sleepy guy
Yeah the post jumping is kinda suspicious but I'll only FOS for now. We don't want to repeat the Zelda_Geek incident. Let's hear him and choose for ourselves

FOS: A_LINK_IN_TIME

~Mizuki~

ALWAYS LEAVE BOX 5 OPEN
There truly is no substantial evidence against anyone at the moment and I'm hoping to find a crack in the mafia wall. Tony, Josie, and PK Flash are suspicious with only one post each. I'm especially keeping my eyes peeled on the first since he seems like a cunning one. I may have been jumping to conclusions too quickly, Thareous, but from here on out I'll offer a more solid explanation.

So as I stated above for now...

FoS: Tony

The only reason why I've been ignoring this game because I've been busy with typing up something and other stuff that's getting in my way.

Unvote: MadameMajora

Vote: PK Flash

Yeah the post jumping is kinda suspicious but I'll only FOS for now. We don't want to repeat the Zelda_Geek incident. Let's hear him and choose for ourselves

FOS: A_LINK_IN_TIME

As I explain for the third time already, I am analyzing player's reactions to being voted for. My endeavors to break the Mafia wall continue.

And from what I perceive as an act of revenge and unnecessary post after I explained myself I'll have to say

Vote: Tony

Nicole

luke is my wife
Seriously guys. I just said

YOU CANNOT VOTE OR UNVOTE ONCE A MAJORITY HAS BEEN REACHED.

And a majority has been reached, so it is Twilight. When Axle stops being lazy, he'll post the lynch scene.

Tip: When a mentor posts, read what they have to say. :P

Nicole is correct. Stop voting. You can discuss until I end the day, but votes have already been finalized.

R

Red Waffles

There is no point in asking any longer as a majority lynch has already been reached.

Just because a majority has been reached doesn't mean we can't keep posting. We can get a head start for Day 2. Twilight is when you can't vote but can discuss.

ALIT, stopping unvoting when you only FoS someone. That's not a vote. You do not need to unvote someone you did not vote for.

(Votes)
Zelda_geek: 6 (MadameMajora, A_LINK_IN_TIME, Thareous, PK Flash, Darknut_Hunter, TheMasterSword)
MadameMajora: 2 (Tony, Josie)
PK Flash: 1 (Red Waffles)
A_LINK_IN_TIME: 1 (zelda_geek)

Everyone voted this Day.

Zelda_geek has 6 votes and thus has reached the majority (this was on Page 3). They are lynched.

You and the other townsfolk that were left decided to gather in the ruined neighborhood where the evidence was found and began to look for clues and discuss the situation. Everyone shuffled through the debris, looking to see if they could turn up any more evidence, but gradually everyone became aware that their only hope was going to be to discuss amongst each other and weed out the killers that way. As soon as everyone realized this, it began with wild accusations. Everyone accused everyone else based on nothing but whims and petty differences, and it was some time before this subsided. Still, even when it shifted into some more serious discussion, there was a rashness present in everyone's actions, and everyone quickly ganged up on someone who they felt had been just a little too quiet.

Zelda_geek was the one they targeted. She had been quiet, not speaking much. She had no idea that in their heated arguments, the townsfolk would turn on her for not participating. Everyone quickly turned on her, yelling at her to speak up. In response, she tried to make an effort to do what they wanted, but it was too late and everyone had already decided that she had to die, that she was too suspicious. The crowd gathered around her and pulled her into their midst as she screamed, and began to beat her to death. In her last moments, she opened her mouth to scream something out. Out came a few words...

"I saw someone the night th-"

A particularly fast and heavy kick flew out and struck her in the head, killing her. Only after everything had settled down did you realize that she had been trying to reveal something she'd seen that might prove her innocence, but had been silenced by someone in the crowd. You didn't see who it was. No one else had either.

zelda_geek was a Vanilla Townie.

You and the others moved away from her body, disheartened but stubborn. It was her own fault, after all, right? Everyone spread out and slept in the debris, hoping to keep each other within sight but not willing to stay too close to someone you didn't trust. With blankets gathered from the debris, everyone went to sleep.

Night 1 Begins!

Cop, Doctor, and Godfather, send me your PMs by the 6th, please. Sooner if at all possible.

(The Living: 9)
Thareous
A_LINK_IN_TIME
MadameMajora
Josie
Darknut_Hunter
TheMasterSword
PK Flash
Red Waffles
Tony

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Some additional tips I wanted to give regarding things I read. Highly recommend you read:

I had no idea I was acting so suspicious... :blank:

This is the first round, so there's not much to work with... I just find it odd he seems to changing his votes so frequently. Perhaps to get us to point fingers at each other? :hmm:
Mafia do tend to hide out among inactives... A good tactic as the Mafia is to not post that much so no one can really scrutinize your behavior. The following applies to anyone who is inactive: Not frequently participating can make you a target, and even if you have a good reason for it, it doesn't necessarily matter; people can lie about their reasons, or use good reasons to be inactive to their advantage. I've done both as scum.

That reason isn't good anymore because zelda geek has posted now.
Suspicions are never moot because someone has improved their behavior. Any scum caught being scummy can shift their behavior to not be.

RVS or not, flip-flop voting is often considered scummy. It isn't always a scumtell, but it can indicate a cautious Mafia and just in general makes you look bad. Keep in mind that in order to find a crack in a wall and exploit it, you must apply pressure; a constantly changing vote that essentially means nothing and will change again is not pressure.

There is no point in asking any longer as a majority lynch has already been reached.
Discussion can continue during a majority lynch, just not voting. People often should discuss during the Twilight period in order to use the time to find more information. Questioning votes for someone already lynched can still be useful.

Just a thought about bandwagons and first days: don't just jump into it. Make sure that you're thinking through each step you make and what you are actually posting. Bandwagons are good when the day is almost over, there is no motion in the game, and they are the only good lead. There are a few other instances where bandwagons are good, but for a beginner's level game, you should develop skills necessary to get through the day without just jumping on a bandwagon.
You should typically only jump on a bandwagon if you actually fully stand by the reason why it's there. I have on occasion hammered or jumped on near the end of the bandwagon when it was pretty much unstoppable and I wanted to continue the game, but I agree with David that you should be careful with it. This Day seemed a bit rash.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom