• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Beginner's Mafia 3: Link's Awakening

Status
Not open for further replies.
Posting here with some mentor advice...

First off, pretty decent start, but a major issue here is I see a lot of playings still afraid to vote, and decrying bandwagoning. Neither are bad things. Voting is how you actually move the game, and lynched townies still give you more information to go on and help move the game forward. Making the discussion stagnant is generally pro-Mafia; taking action and being unafraid to vote and back up your claim is generally pro-Town. Furthermore, agreeing with other players and jumping on a bandwagon (while thinking for yourself, of course, because it's bad to blindly follow any player) isn't necessarily bad.

People, please remember that there is no "out of game" knowledge to be used here. Including someone's particular "style". This is a perfect example, because the OUT OF GAME resources other's are using to incriminate you are incorrect (assuming you're telling the truth, ;)).
You can post knowledge from previous games. For the most part, the "no posting outside information" rule applies to THIS game, not previous games. Previous playstyle is relevant. People do change their playstyles constantly, that is true, but at the same time, people can play differently as Mafia than they do as Town. So it's something to at least keep in mind.

I think you were a bit jumpy on the Elfen vote. Everyone who votes on little to no evience is not trying to find scum so if someone is going to vote they should have more evidence and this isn't for just you but everyone.
Votes can be done for a variety of reasons, green goron. You can actually vote without the intention of lynching but to apply pressure and await a reaction. Either way, yes, evidence is good, but decisive voting is important. It's worse to wait around not voting than it is to vote off a townie. A decisive and active Town is a good Town.

Umm MAfia people can only talk during the night ._. I think Soo night has not happened yet so how can any one tell me anything?
This depends on the game setup. Some games only allow discussion during the night. Some allow it during the day. And some allow it during the day only if a certain Mafia role is alive (the Encryptor).

I don't believe that is a reason to vote for somebody, just because everyone else is starting to. Looks a little scummy to me.

Due to other people's suspicions? That's not really a valid reason to vote for someone, you're supposed to have your own ideas and reasons why to vote. This seems like scummy bandwagoning.
It is important to think for yourself, but just because you're voting based on other peoples' reasons doesn't mean you aren't actually thinking for yourself. Your thoughts could be the same as someone else's; no sense in repeating what's been said. Additionally, for the sake of actually moving a vote, I have known townies to jump on a bandwagon. Scum will do this to avoid being seen, too, though.

Point is bandwagoning is not an inherently bad thing, and neither is agreeing with others. How do you expect people to come to a majority vote half the time if you don't decide to go along with someone else? I believe this is partially what Bayside was bringing up when she talked about spreading votes around, though I could be mistaken. Bandwagoning is not bad, but since bandwagoning is a natural thing, Mafia will jump on them too. I'd advise townies to not be afraid to collaborate and decide together, and I'd advise Mafia not to jump on a bandwagon until it's an actual bandwagon, unless you want to be daring enough to be a bandwagon starter, which can go both good or bad depending on how you do it.

Meego

~Dancer in the Dark~
Vote: Elfen

He seems one of the scummier ones, perhaps the best way to reach a majority lynch here but he seems pretty suspicious for reasons I have already stated.

Elfen

Call Me Robbi :D
WAAIT no one cast a hammer yet or vote any more. I need to see something about the people who vote me.... o I will do that when I come back from school

EBWODP
I mean doesn't it seem strange that everyone thinks I am scummy?? I mean some has not even said nothing about it then suddenly goes ona bandwaggon and votes. I need to loook at the people who are voting for me.

Justeazy

Todo is the pfuf!
Regarding Josie's 0 posts, she hasn't even been online since she signed up:
"Last Activity: 05-08-2011"

Mayhaps it's time to call in one of your replacements?

On a side note, the funny thing is the rule she put in her own words (for the second point in the sign up thread) was "Stay active or be modkilled." lol

David

But you called me here...
I'm going to send her a prod, and if she doesn't respond or post in here by the deadline, I will replace her.

Celeboy

Collecting Dust
Ok I'm caought up. I don't have anything to say about "the thing that must not be named" because, in my opinion, RVSing is fine.QUOTE]

OMG! WTH? YOU MENTIONED IT?!?! Ahem... I'm just coming on to say that I UNVOTE: Zelda_8 and I'm going to look at the evidence and post later about what I find out.

EBWODP:

lol, yeah I meant not to say "The thing that must not be named" but when I posted it I saw that I had said "The thing that must not be named" and I wanted to edit it but since that's against the ruels I couldn't.

Well maybe we can keep our eyes on the lurkers and the other people because, as others said, lurkers aren't exactly mafia.

Ok I'm a little confused on this one, what exactly are you trying to say here?

Ignore it, I was tired, it was late and I got tonsilitis. It's just me rambling and trying to cover up a mistake... Anyway, Elfen has 4 votes and as he is scummier of the two and once we lynch someone it's easier to see scum tells (IMO) I'm gonna Vote: Elfen.

Raindrop14

Soldier for Christ!
Ignore it, I was tired, it was late and I got tonsilitis. It's just me rambling and trying to cover up a mistake... Anyway, Elfen has 4 votes and as he is scummier of the two and once we lynch someone it's easier to see scum tells (IMO) I'm gonna Vote: Elfen.

Saying that you were trying to cover up a mistake usually means that you showed scumtell in the post and now you want everyone to ignore it because you don't want people to know that you are scum. You also say that Elfen seems scummier of the two, as if there were only two players we should be focusing on now. It's alright if you want to focus on them for right now but I think we also need to keep our eyes out for others too. There are five enimies in the game.

I think it's time to vote now and my reasoning is right here.

Vote: Celeboy

Celeboy

Collecting Dust
Saying that you were trying to cover up a mistake usually means that you showed scumtell in the post and now you want everyone to ignore it because you don't want people to know that you are scum. You also say that Elfen seems scummier of the two, as if there were only two players we should be focusing on now. It's alright if you want to focus on them for right now but I think we also need to keep our eyes out for others too. There are five enimies in the game.

I think it's time to vote now and my reasoning is right here.

Vote: Celeboy

*sigh* Okay. Two things. 1) I said Elfen was scummier out of the two, because the two that we are/were mainly focusing on are/were Elfen and JediZora. 2) If I were mafia, would I say "Hey world! I just made a mistake and I'm covering it up!!!"? No? Thought so. I'd just ignore it and brush it under said carpet and hope everyone forgets about it. But hey, if you want to vote for me and get me lynched, who am I to stop you? All I'm saying is just think about what I have written and don't regret it when you lynch someone who is town (not neccissarily me) and look back at their posts and say "Oh, dammit! That is obvious town-tell!!! Why didn't I realise it before I opened my mouth with a vote that could have cost us..." Just saying.

Justeazy

Todo is the pfuf!
Celeboy, I don't get the main point of that post. All I got out of it is "now I have a vote and evidence against me and I'm overreacting!" The fact is that everyone makes non-scum slip ups, and in a situation like that the best thing you can usually do is stop talking (figuratively, of course you're actually typing) and move on, but when you take special consideration to try to explain them/cover up/etc. then it makes it look worse than it is. Which is what raindrop caught onto. And then this post... well, let's just say my vote on jedizora stands, but IGMEOY, Celeboy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom