• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Beginner's Mafia 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
READ THIS ENTIRE POST PLEASE. This is a game for beginners, but to start off you'll need a basic understanding of the game and the setup of this current round.

Alright, so here is the official start of beginner Mafia. First off, here are your mentors. They will post advice in this thread if they see fit, but if you want advice feel free to use PM (or any method of private contact, like Skype) to talk to any of them to ask for help. Use their help often! That's what this special beginner game was made for! The Mentors know your roles!

Mentors
Axle the Beast
Viral Maze
Baysiderulez
Master Kokiri 9

How to Play
You sign up and then once the game is full you will be PMed by the Game Mod assigning you a team, either Townie or Mafia. If you are Townie, you will not know the identity of anyone else SO TRUST NO ONE. If you are assigned as Mafia, you will know the other Mafia members and you must work together to get the Townies to turn on each other because they OUTNUMBER YOU.

The game starts off in the Day which will last a certain period. During this Day period, everyone discusses who they believe is a Mafia member (also called scum). Mafia will post too, and pretend they are Townies and try to get the other Townies to turn on each other and confuse them. Every member, Townie or Mafia, has a vote for lynching each Day. Post who you want to vote for in the format:
Vote: Player X
If you wish to unvote at anytime, do so by:
Unvote
You must BOLD your vote/unvote.
You may vote and unvote at ANY TIME during the DAY period. Only during the Day, remember that. Once a majority vote is reach, that player will be lynched NO MATTER WHAT. So if a majority is reached and you decide to unvote for that person, its too late. Player X will be lynched and his identity, Townie or Mafia will be revealed. If the day period ends and no Majority Lynch has been reached, then the person will the most votes will be lynched.
You may also vote No Lynch. Once a majority No Lynch is achieved, the day will end with no lynch.

Once the Day period is over it becomes the Night. Night won't last long, a day or two at most. During the Night there will be NO ACTIVE DISCUSSIONS. Everyone goes to 'sleep'. This is when the Mafia congregate. During the Night period, and ONLY DURING THE NIGHT the Mafia members will PM the Game Mod one person's name and that person will be killed in the night.

Day will come again, and the identity of the dead Townie will be revealed. Killed in the night by the Mafia. Now the situation gets more dire as Townies will die every night due to the Mafia's ability to night kill, so lynching Mafia becomes more and more important as the game progresses.

This continues until either the Townies remain, or the Mafia stand triumphant.

Okay, so now I will request that everyone reads the rules carefully and follows them! This may be a beginner game, but the most basic step in learning anything is knowing the rules!

Rules
- Do not reveal your roles outside of the thread. Mystery and assumptions are the point of this game, so if all the Townies band together through PMs you will ruin this game. Play with integrity. Lying is fine though. Mafia members may lie that they are Townie. Deception is a major aspect of this game.
- You may only post in the Day period.
- Vote and unvote in the format: Vote: Player X; Unvote; Please post these in BOLD
- DO NOT REVEAL ANY INFORMATION AFTER YOU HAVE DIED. If you are a Mafia member and you die, do not reveal to anyone who else is Mafia because that information may end up in the hands of the Townies.
- DO NOT EDIT YOUR POSTS. DO NOT DELETE YOUR POSTS. I hope I don't have to repeat it again. This is a cardinal rule. Editing your posts is a no no. If you have something more to say, or need to edit a section of your post then MAKE ANOTHER POST saying what you need to say. If you are caught editing, you will be ModKilled. Same goes for deleting posts.
- You may not post any information (quotes or screencaps or allusions) that relates to anything outside of the thread itself. So no evidence using the "Who's Online" or Shoutbox.
- You may roleclaim at any point in the game, but you may not copy paste or screen cap the role PM sent to you. You may only paraphrase it in your own words. Be warned though, role and name claiming is especially dangerous.
- Do not talk about this game outside of the designated area(s), aka the game thread and/or Quicktopics that I have provided.

*The exception to many of these rules is that you may discuss or disclose anything about your role or the game with the Mentors, but they are the only exception.

On with the game!

If you need any more help, read my Mafia Beginner's Guide, or seek the advice of one of the mentors listed at the top!

This is a beginner game, so the story and theme is very basic...

The Town had lived a peaceful life, and all of the Townsfolk trust each other. But they hadn't realized that they had been secretly infiltrated by Mafia members and suddenly one night the small town became aware of their presence when someone was killed in the night and a message was left in his blood:

"Leave now. This is our town!"

The Townies must now seek out the Mafia and eliminate them, or else they will be killed off.

--Players Alive: 14--
jedizora
Kybyrian
Soldier of Link
jdenicholls
Raindrop14
Ninten*
Magatha
kokirion
zelda_8
FirevsIce
TheTruth
Meego7
Hero of Time
green goron

Day 1 ends on Wednesday the 16th.

8 votes needed for a Majority Lynch. There are 3 Mafia, including a Godfather. One among you is the Townie Cop, and another is the Townie Doctor. The rules for these roles are as follows:

Townie: Can discuss during the day and vote for a lynch. Does not know the identity of any other players.
Cop: A normal Townie who has a Night ability, but instead of killing he can choose to find out the role of another player.
Doctor: A normal Townie who has a Night ability, allowing him to designate one person and protect them from Nightkills. Cannot protect the same person twice and cannot protect himself.
Mafia: Can act like a Townie during the day, but works with other Mafia during the night and votes on Nightkills. They know each others' identities.
Godfather: Leader of the Mafia. All Mafia PM him the votes and he PMs the game mod. He cannot be revealed by the cop, and will show up as a Townie if he is. (In other games he's generally immune to all night roles including nightkills, but the only applicable role in this game is the cop).

Last edited:

Nicole

luke is my wife
Whoa, whoa, whoa! Why are you voting for someone you haven't even heard of? Do you even have any evidence? I don't think so, considering that person hasn't evn posted yet. I know this is Beginner Mafia, but try not to do things like that. It makes you seem suspiscious, because you are voting on no grounds.

FoS: kokirion

kokirion

Just like you. But cooler
haha, suspicious? No, that is called RVS (random voting). You can do that at the start of the first day to trigger encourage discussions. They are mostly based on lame reasons (like this one), but they almost never stand long. Eventually most RVS's are replaced by "real" votes.

Nicole

luke is my wife
That is true, I suppose. However, it still makes you seem scummy, because you could be mafia, just targeting a random townie, and saying what you just did.

You do make a point, though. I am lowering the FoS to an IGMEOY.

IGMEOY: kokirion

kokirion

Just like you. But cooler
ehm..? okay..

I'm also playing Mafia at mafiascum.net (a website dedicated to this game) and there everyone uses RVS in the beginning of the game. There people IGMEOY you if you think this is scummy. There RVS is normal and just a part of the game. I'm used to use it, so it doesn't matter wether I am scum or a townie, I would've used it anyway. I don't get why you IGMEOY me because of this. I think you are the one who is accusing people without any reasons, I was just doing it to start the game, you are "really" accusing me

I've been on mafiascum and from briefly browsing most of the games there look terrible - full of spammers and morons. I don't even know how you'd begin to figure out anything about that game when everyone behaves so randomly and stupidly. I won't point the finger of suspicion at you because I know that is how some people play the game, but a word of warning - we don't do things like that around here. Check out the first few pages of Mafia 4 and you'll see that here an RVS is treated as very suspicious and not helpful to the game.

Meego

~Dancer in the Dark~
Helloooo! First post. Let's see how this goes, then! Should be good with mentors and other beginers. Game.

Jedizora

:right:
Well, its my first post. Not much to say, as almost everyone has only made one post.

Eduarda

Srishti is annie is eduarda right?
Finally some people find RVS a little suspiciousness like I do :P

Ok, so the game began. The beginning part is always a bit awkward... if I'm not mistaken... Hopefully things will get in place soon, and we can start discussing.

Raindrop14

Soldier for Christ!
Ok first post.:) Well one vote against me but hopefully we can work out a way to think clearly before randomly assuming.:D Nothing bad against RVS but that is not the best way to win the game.:)

The whole RVS thing is kind of a tricky issue. One one hand, I personally have never felt it to be productive for the Town in any way. On the other hand, most communities seem to prefer to open games with them, Townie or otherwise. I guess the appeal is it launches a quick start to the game rather than trying to play hard right at the start. Might not be as productive but it's funner? I don't know. Viral Maze would probably know more about this topic than I, but I thought I'd mention it can be legitimate.

Also wanted to quickly note about FoSes... they're not really official. You don't need to bold them or even use them if you don't want. It's just another way to say "this is who I'm suspicious of", it doesn't count as a vote or anything. ;)

(First public piece of advice as a mentor, I guess. :P )

--Vote Tally--
Raindrop14: 1 (kokirion)

8 votes needed for a Majority Lynch. Day 1 ends on Wednesday the 16th.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom