• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Beginner's Mafia 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder how different this will be from a normal mafia?

k
FoS: kokirion
VOTE: Raindrop14

I agree with you, but no I'm gonna,
VOTE:

sorry for my last post Fos: kokirion

What? oh well sorry, i meant vote kokirion and no fos for raindrop(who hasnt posted)

Hai guys. I'm Jo. I'm one of the other mentors in this game.
Ok so TheTruth. IF you want to vote for kokiron. there is a process for undoing your previous vote in order to place your new vote...

you need to do exactly the following.

UNVOTE: Raindrop14
VOTE: Kokiron

If you ONLY WANT TO REMOVE YOUR VOTE... then do the following.
UNVOTE: Raindrop
then you may cast your vote at a later time. Hope that helps!

Ninten*

BLOOOOOOOO
You seem alttle quick to judge on this game, jdenicholls. I'm not to worryed about you, but igmeoy: jdenicholls

That's not quick atcually. Being quick would be something like only having little-to-no evidence when voting.

TheTruth is putting out some suspision by switching votes. For one thing, why did you vote and unvote for Raindrop so quickly without any backing? Since this is the RANDOM voting stage, it is very unlikely that both you and kokiron would vote for raindrop.

FoS: TheTruth

kokirion

Just like you. But cooler
I'm already a bit worried about you, TheTruth. So far you have flipped your vote for no reason and your posting is erratic.

Why on earth would you flip your vote so suddenly without giving a reason? And you voted against Raindrop, even though when kokirion randomly voted for Raindrop you voted for him. You're a hypocrite, and while at the moment I still have my doubts that you are scum, your behaviour is of no benefit to the town and harmful to discussions.

Look at her posts and you see that she just made a couple of mistakes. She's just inexperienced, trying to go allong with the game. Nothing suspicious about.
TheTruth, is this your first game?

You seem alttle quick to judge on this game, jdenicholls. I'm not to worryed about you, but igmeoy: jdenicholls
You are now accusing him because he is scum-hunting. While that is most often one of the most townie things in the game. Real scum wouldn't risk his position by accusing others a lot. That is something what a townie does (they have less to lose). Scum would probably keep a low profile to stay alive.
Off course, scum can be really active so people think they are town, but I don't really suspect people to use meta's in a beginner's mafia..

kokirion said:
You are now accusing him because he is scum-hunting. While that is most often one of the most townie things in the game. Real scum wouldn't risk his position by accusing others a lot. That is something what a townie does (they have less to lose). Scum would probably keep a low profile to stay alive.

Pretty much what I would have said in defence of myself, but I'll also add that I've only focused on one person and I'm not doing anything to confuse the town or create general chaos. On the other hand it could be a double bluff as kokirion says, but given this is my second mafia game I'm unlikely to pull such a dangerous stunt. Or maybe that's a triple bluff...but we could go on like this. I'll leave it to you to judge.

The trouble with players like TheTruth is because of their inexperience it's hard to judge whether what they are doing is scummy or just newbie behaviour. What interrogating them does do is bring other players out of the woodwork and provoke discussion - which in turn leads to more information about who may or may not be scummy. I'm not sure he is scummy but there are certainly some warning signs that point in that direction. At the very least you must agree that his posts have been confusing and distracting - not good for the town in the long run.

Meego

~Dancer in the Dark~
Ooh! Pages, yay. :P Okay, so looking through the pages, TheTruth seems a bit confusing and flip floppy...
Oh great it's started, BTW kokiron, why vote someone out so early?

k cant edit so

VOTE: kokirion

WHAT?????!!!!!!!!, i dindnt man to edit. PLEASE DON"T MOD-KILL ME, ill never do it again

wait when u say "edit" does it edit-it

Er...what? I don't actually understand this...at all...what does it mean by "WHAT?????!!!!!!!, i dindnt man to edit. PLEASE DON"T MOD-KILL ME, illl never do it again"? And then the last bit? I understand you being new to this, but really. This is a bit over the top.

are you trying to turn us on Raindrop14(if your mafia, and raindrops a townie)
RVS...yes it is a bit suspicious but you can't be so sure of the roles of each, especially when you are not using any evidence from raindrop's posts.

oh btw Master Kokiri9, thanks, alot
This is a bit... unnecessary?

k
Woah...what? You kind of just went back on yourself...

VOTE:

And the confusdness continues....:S

What? oh well sorry, i meant vote kokirion and no fos for raindrop(who hasnt posted)
Wow...looking at all of these posts, you really need to think everything through a bit more. I uhnderstand that you are new and I give you credit for having the courage to take part in this game. But atm....

Kybyrian

Meego said:
Er...what? I don't actually understand this...at all...what does it mean by "WHAT?????!!!!!!!, i dindnt man to edit. PLEASE DON"T MOD-KILL ME, illl never do it again"? And then the last bit? I understand you being new to this, but really. This is a bit over the top.

Not out of the ordinary for young newbies... you saw Elfen and I'm sure other people.

Eduarda

Srishti is annie is eduarda right?
Ok, many pages :P Cool...

So I have found some other suspicious things, but I would rather accuse others with a strong ground, and not just a bit of loose sand.

Anyways, I have to say, I'm with jd (jdenicholls) on this. In my opinion The Truth is no good for the town. I think I remember that Axel said once that confusing townies are no use and should be voted out. It only makes the situation worse. Sorry if you didn't say that Axel, but I remember someone did, and I sort of agree on that. Also, I want to point out something, Kokirion:

Look at her posts and you see that she just made a couple of mistakes. She's just inexperienced, trying to go allong with the game. Nothing suspicious about.
TheTruth, is this your first game?

Off course, scum can be really active so people think they are town, but I don't really suspect people to use meta's in a beginner's mafia..

First of all, what's meta's? o_O

And next, you say that The Truth is inexperienced. Now, if we look at it this way, if you were an inexperienced townie, and you get the role of a Mafia, first thing you will do, is get really excited. I'm sure we can all agree on that. Experienced Mafia will stay calm, but if it's your first game (I don't know for sure if this is The Truth's first game, but it sure looks like it) and you end up Mafia, you'll post a lot. You'll get excited. You'll make bad mistakes. And if we look here, then The Truth is the second highest poster so far with 6 posts. He's obviously excited.

FoS: The Truth
Will probably turn into a vote soon.

Now if The Truth is not a Townie, sure, he can also be excited since it's his first game, but tell me; what is he contributing to the town? He's only creating confusion. Flip flopping votes will only create confusion. It's a win win for the town if we vote him out. If he's Mafia, he's gone. If he's townie, he's not creating any more confusion. Well, I'll probably vote for him in my next post, but I want to hear what The Truth has to say first. For now, it's a strong FoS.

Viral Maze

Verb the adjective noun
First of all, what's meta's? o_O

Meta is short for meta-game. It's basically your playstyle/how you play the game.
An example is Axle playing strong right off the bat in Mafia 4. If people question his motives, he can bring up his meta and say 'This is how I always play.'
It's not a scumtell per se, but it's useful knowing how people play and how they can manipulate that when they are on the other team..

zelda_8 said:
First of all, what's meta's?

I believe what kokirion means by this is the practice of doing something really pro-townie in the hopes people would see them that way. The danger there is that if you are really active you have more chances to make mistakes and also give more potential information that could be used to lynch you later on. A safer mafia tactic is to not post too often but just gently contribute to discussions and act more as a follower then a leader.

zelda_8 said:
And next, you say that The Truth is inexperienced. Now, if we look at it this way, if you were an inexperienced townie, and you get the role of a Mafia, first thing you will do, is get really excited. I'm sure we can all agree on that. Experienced Mafia will stay calm, but if it's your first game (I don't know for sure if this is The Truth's first game, but it sure looks like it) and you end up Mafia, you'll post a lot. You'll get excited. You'll make bad mistakes. And if we look here, then The Truth is the second highest poster so far with 6 posts. He's obviously excited.

As I've said before, TheTruth is obviously very inexperienced, not just at Mafia but at forum posting in general. His posts degenerate into a stream of consciousness, haphazard format rather than prosaic arguments. Linksbro from Mafia 4 was just the same and he got lynched for it and turned out to be townie. It's one of the reasons I'm hesitant to lynch TheTruth. We still have nearly a week in hand in which to track down someone who is genuinely dangerous - by which I mean a mafia member who is not being obviously scummy, perhaps even the Godfather.

As long as TheTruth gets his act together he can be a positive contributor to the town. I'm not a fan of the tactic of lynching wild cards, at least not at this stage in the game. On the other hand it'll be hard to trust TheTruth given his early posts, even if he smartens up later on. As you alluded to in your post, Axle believed that lynching wild cards was the best option, but if we lynch TheTruth then we may well end up with 2 dead townies at the start of Day 2 - one that we lynched and a nightkill by the mafia. Bear that in mind before you vote.

EBWODP My mistake on what a meta is. Thanks to viral for posting the correct definition.

green goron

Best of the Gorons
are you trying to turn us on Raindrop14(if your mafia, and raindrops a townie)
Here you accuse kokirion of RVS but then you (continues after quote)

k
Go and vote for the same person.
VOTE:

Then you change over to voting for kokirion without any explaation.
Pretty much what I would have said in defence of myself, but I'll also add that I've only focused on one person and I'm not doing anything to confuse the town or create general chaos. On the other hand it could be a double bluff as kokirion says, but given this is my second mafia game I'm unlikely to pull such a dangerous stunt. Or maybe that's a triple bluff...but we could go on like this. I'll leave it to you to judge
I find this a little wierd and seems a bit scummy. I've seen mafia members in the past do this. You seem like you want to confuse us and put us on the wrong track
IGMEOY: jdenicholls

Jedizora

:right:
Oh, I suppose I really wasn't thinking my reasoning threw. Again there is virtually no reason for me to suspect anyone as mafia. But At the same time I still have my suspisoins, but They can wait.

[QUOTE"green goron"]I find this a little wierd and seems a bit scummy. I've seen mafia members in the past do this. You seem like you want to confuse us and put us on the wrong track[/QUOTE]

I'm not trying to confuse you, I'm merely alluding to the fact that a lot of behaviour in mafia can be interpreted in multiple ways, thus leading to a circular argument. It's referred to as the Wine In Front of Me. Take the quote on its own and it looks confusing, read my other posting habits and you'll see I'm trying to steer the town onto the right track.

Hai Guys... Friendly Mentor Jo here again...

Some questions to Think About....

Why did TheTruth vote for Raindrop then so quickly change to Kokiron? Lets think critically.
a) s/he was reading the post where it appeared suspicious of Kokiron voting for Raindrop, s/he then confused usernames as s/he formed their post. aka. made a mistake
b) s/he is mafia trying to disrupt the town

Given this is a beginner game, which is more likely? Weigh your options.

Second Question.
Given that you are all newbies and likely to make newbie mistakes, is it useful to kill off someone who made a mistake then PROMPTLY apologized and corrected his/herself, or would it be MORE useful to target someone who shows signs of being scum.

Remember 3 of you are mafia, 1 is the cop and 1 is the doctor. You don't want to accidentally kill off your cop or doctor because they made a newbie mistake, granted you would luck out if you caught one of the mafia. Once again it is a matter of weighing your options.

Viral Maze

Verb the adjective noun
Basically what Jo said.
Hanlon's Razor: Never attribute to malice what can be explained by inexperience.

Where to distinguish the line between the two is now up to you guys :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom