• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Before You Die/ While You're Still Alive

Simple thread, which one thing do you want to do in your life before you're unable to?

So what is your life ambition to get done before you die?

For me i'd love to go sailing on a boat with my girlfriend. I'm scared of the water and every sea creature in existence (even goldfish) and i don't know a damn thing about sailing, nor does my girlfriend and we don't own a boat...

But nothing is impossible and i have a lot of time left unless a bus gets some ideas...

so how about you?

Shadsie

Sage of Tales
I'd like to get a novel of mine published, maybe several. I mean, I am thinking of going ahead and self-publishing due to all the rejection I've face and the fact that my work is rather quirky in a way that I think... might appeal to many readers but doesn't appeal to the "mainstream" publishing houses. However, I'm not sure my work is exactly good enough that I wouldn't be embarassing myself. Sometimes, I think I'd rather be an "unknown good writer" than someone made merciless fun of all over the place like the author of "Twilight."

It's my ambition - but I'm not sure I'll really be happy once I achieve it. After all, I'm the type of person that if I feel I make some achievement, I just want to do more. I finish a paintnig I'm satisfied with, I need to make another... I finish *writing* a novel, it's going to be in my own personal edit-hell in a while. Some people dream of just *writing* a darn novel - I've written multiple novel-length stories, all different - different world, non-series. They just aren't known / ready for the world just yet.

Other than that, I think "getting through life without suicide" would be a good goal. It's a goal that keeps me going in my darker moments - the whole "It would be better to die through something other than this" thing.

In my wildest dreams, I'd like to find the cure to rare diseases, visit every nation in the world, and win the Nobel Prize in Medicine.

Realistically speaking, I'd like to succeed in medical school, become a doctor, and positively influence at least one person's life.

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
I have a lot things I would like to do before I die...

But am not gonna go over the top here, my dream since I was little was to be a professional sportsman!

All my life I have played sports...Football, tennis, basketball, athletics, long distance running but my one passion is Golf :) I have always been told that I could possibly make it as a golfer as I was head of my time! Unfortunately things have gotten in the way, lots of people have told me that I will never make it as a pro-golfer, even my fiends :/ but I am determined to make it and hopefully one day I will win a Major Golf Tournament!

Deeds

no text
This is a pretty tough question to be honest. Only because there's so many things I'd like to do, haha.
One of the most far fetched things I'd like to do is either play in a tennis grand slam tournament, or perform in some crazy a** venue. Both, I'd hope. Though obviously it's never going to happen, haha.

This is basically a bucket list, i think i'll give it a try. I'm not sure what i'll be doing in the next 50 years so i'm not really sure if i will have completed my life goals before my time is up. Here are just a few...

I'm scared of the water and every sea creature in existence (even goldfish)
I'm in the same boat (No pun intended). I would love to overcome my fear of the ocean and fish. ever since a fishing trip i have been afraid of fish because my friend got bitten real bad.

I would love to go to Australia and do some site seeing. I would love to see the wild animals in the Outback and i would love to see the amazing zoos they have there.

Walt Disney world - nuff said

Go to Japan and see all that it has to offer.

Attend an E3 convention

and i finally overcome my fear of heights by skydiving or bungee jumping.

Mudora

Innocent but not fearful.
miyagi_chopsticks1.jpg
In all seriousness, my life goal or ambition is for people to remember me as a kind, optimistic, and helpful human being. It would be amazing if I could impact or change the world as we know it, but at the same time, I would be just as happy knowing that by doing something as simple as saying "hello," made someone's day better.
As for actual things I would like to do in my life, I plan to go to university and find a career that I enjoy doing. I would also love to travel to countries with a lot of history and culture (Greece, Spain, China, England, etc.).

Keeseman

Smash is Life
Before I die, I would want to go to New Zealand with my best friend, a fellow LotR geek, the both of us dressed in Elvish cloaks, and visit the Shire, Edoras, and simply walk into Mordor. (you can do that)

We would also run across the scenery that looks like Rohan, and I would be shouting, "DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA DAAAAAAAAAAAAA DADADAAAAAAAAAAAAAH... DADADAAAAAAA! DADADAAAAH... DADADUNNNNN... DUNNN, DUNDUMMMMM..."

EeveeChan

Is FINALLY out of school!
During my life, I would like to be important enough to be someone. I want to do something in which I can leave my mark that I was here on earth at a point in time. Maybe I could make people happy & be the one to snap people out of a negative emotion. Or I could be the medic that comes up with the cure for all cancer. I just want to make my mark before I pass away.

Lord Vain

Dawn of a New Day
Straight to the point I wanna live out a long and happy life with my girlfriend, but as far as anything specific goes suppose going on vacation in Hawaii with her would be a nice thing to do even once, always have been interested in visiting that area.

Me? I have a list, like a schedule of my life:
-Get famous on YouTube making covers, remixes, and original tunes with my friends.
-Finish those darn novels.
-Get those darn novels published.
-Paint stuff, get it sold.
-Make a website for my official journal, Protector of Nork, Path of the Goddess, and my commissions/books. Allowed to come earlier so I can publish Nork.
-Become a well-known actor, direct a movies.
-Travel the world. Visit Venice, Athens, Beijing, Kyoto, London, Bethel, and San Francisco.
-Make my name significant enough that typing in "Monolith" will get you a result of me on the first page.
-Finally, stay here with you guys until the very end, and be remembered as I was: Eccentric.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom