• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

BEFORE Skyward Sword?

penguinboy82

Nature's troll
I was reading up about SS on Zelda Wiki and came acrossa valuble piece of information. The page said "As the story progresses, it was revealed in a Gamespot interview with Eiji Aonuma that Link will be searching for a 'lost or valuable friend' in the process." I think that means that Nintendo already has a new Zelda game in mind that will take place before SS! I came to that conclusion because Link had to have lost that "friend" in a pervious adventure. Although, perhaps he could have lost them in the beginning story...
Anyways, those are my thoughts, what are yours?

Aero_Dynamic

エアロダイナミック
What are you talking about?? In a previous adventure? A prequel??? We all kind of know that "piece of information" not trying to down on you but just informing you on that. I'm pretty sure Link will lose his "friend" in the beginning. It's not likely that he already lost the friend because then the beginning of the game would start off with Link as powerfull as the previous game with all of his items. This thread is pointless for it's question is invalid. The answer is no. There is now probable way It would be the sequel already, and there is the problem of Link and his items, he would have them in the game in the beginning, and you would be fighting extremely strong monsters. Aonuma said "The story is with Link living a normal life in Skyloft, some events happen and he comes across the Skyward Sword and it beckons him to go down and explains what has happened etc." Then he says" Part of the story has to do with Link searching for his lost friend" This shows that Link's friend was lost in the beginning of the game. So there cannot be a story-tied prequel of Skyward Sword as we know it.

WeeGee

TheHeroOfTime
What are you talking about?? In a previous adventure? A prequel??? We all kind of know that "piece of information" not trying to down on you but just informing you on that. I'm pretty sure Link will lose his "friend" in the beginning. It's not likely that he already lost the friend because then the beginning of the game would start off with Link as powerfull as the previous game with all of his items. This thread is pointless for it's question is invalid. The answer is no. There is now probable way It would be the sequel already, and there is the problem of Link and his items, he would have them in the game in the beginning, and you would be fighting extremely strong monsters. Aonuma said "The story is with Link living a normal life in Skyloft, some events happen and he comes across the Skyward Sword and it beckons him to go down and explains what has happened etc." Then he says" Part of the story has to do with Link searching for his lost friend" This shows that Link's friend was lost in the beginning of the game. So there cannot be a story-tied prequel of Skyward Sword as we know it.

Dude, you are one huge butt-hole -.-

I think that the friend will be lost at the beginning of the game.

Aero_Dynamic

エアロダイナミック
@WeeGee: Why are you calling me that? or is that towards me or towards this thread's poster?

disturbed42

I will win....eventually!
Hmm, seems like it's sorta guaranteed that Link will lose his friend in the beginning of the story. I mean, that always happens -_-"
Ah, poor Link.

And let's not start a fight here people! --gets panicky and flails arms-- Peace amongst us all, bretheren!

Aero_Dynamic said:
It's not likely that he already lost the friend because then the beginning of the game would start off with Link as powerfull as the previous game with all of his items. This thread is pointless for it's question is invalid. The answer is no. There is now probable way It would be the sequel already, and there is the problem of Link and his items, he would have them in the game in the beginning, and you would be fighting extremely strong monsters.
Majora's Mask. Your argument is invalid.

Anyways, I believe Link will lose the friend in the beginning. I don't think Skyward Sword will get a prequel. I think this mainly because this game revolves around the origin of the Master Sword.

disturbed42

Majora's Mask. Your argument is invalid.

Not exactly. In the beginning of MM he does have his items but he loses them within the first 2 minutes of the game (and you're not even actually playing the game in those 2 minutes anyways).
But MM was also a sequel to OoT; MM wasn't released before OoT. So that's also out of the question in your argument entirely.

Not exactly. In the beginning of MM he does have his items but he loses them within the first 2 minutes of the game (and you're not even actually playing the game in those 2 minutes anyways).
But MM was also a sequel to OoT; MM wasn't released before OoT. So that's also out of the question in your argument entirely.
What Aero_Dynamic was saying that if Skyward Sword were to have a prequel, then in Skyward Sword, Link will have the items from the start. Using Majora's Mask as an argument is completely valid.

Also, the Ocarina of Time was taken away before gameplay even started, so by actually saying that, you just made your argument pretty invalid, too.

PhantomTriforce

I am a Person of Interest
@ Aero_Dynamic
be a bit open minded! it is a possibility, as they never said SS would be the first game in the timeline. All they said was that it would be before OoT. However, I think this friend of Link will be lost in the beginning, and he will travel to the land below to find the friend.

disturbed42

What Aero_Dynamic was saying that if Skyward Sword were to have a prequel, then in Skyward Sword, Link will have the items from the start. Using Majora's Mask as an argument is completely valid.

Also, the Ocarina of Time was taken away before gameplay even started, so by actually saying that, you just made your argument pretty invalid, too.

--puts hands into the air and shakes head-- Gah, what do I know??
Nothing, apparently >_>; Lol.

Aero_Dynamic

エアロダイナミック
Woah, the Majora's Mask to Ocarina of Time slipped my mind! Sorry! But still, Link loses his friend at the beginning, Aonuma said so! Well, he didn't say it exactly but it's somthing similar to it.

Locke

Hegemon
Site Staff
I can't really put down your theory about the friend being lost before the game starts entirely, but I can say that it's highly unlikely. Link doesn't know anything about Hyrule until the SS happens. He'd have to discover that his friend was in Hyrule after he arrived there, which is a completely unprecedented assumption. According to Occam's Razor, a better assumption would be that the evil forces that we already know about take this friend during the event that reveals the land below to Link, which we already know about.
The idea of a prequel to SS starring the same Link is even more absurd. Aounuma has stressed on several occasions that Link is an ordinary boy on the outset of SS. Zelda games are about extraordinary heroes.
If you really want a prequel, you may find this quote more interesting: "and while he is journeying back and forth between these two worlds, the mystery of why the worlds have been divided and separated becomes clear to him." While this provides a story in the distant past, I don't think it's worth making a game about, as it will probably (definitely, as stated in the quote) be explained in this game. ...unless they do another SW-OoT...but they still have to do that with ST first.

disturbed42

This "friend" of Link is most likely going to be some girl that he's known since he was little >_>;
It's always like that. --rolls eyes--
Silly Nintendo.

omg dont try to analyze this...u will go insane just trrust that nintendo makes a good game and leave it there

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom