• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Majora's Mask Before I Start...

Status
Not open for further replies.

LolGames4U

Viceroy of Area 11
OK so I've always been afraid of playing Majora's Mask because of the time limit and impending doom (and doing thorough digging on BEN yesterday and barely slept), and one more quick question before I venture to Termina tomorrow: Does the time limit keep going in the dungeons?

OK and one more question: if you reset the 3 day cycle after you beat a dungeon, do you have to re-beat it?

THANKS!

insanity76

I don't suffer from it ..
OK so I've always been afraid of playing Majora's Mask because of the time limit and impending doom (and doing thorough digging on BEN yesterday and barely slept), and one more quick question before I venture to Termina tomorrow: Does the time limit keep going in the dungeons?

Yes it does. The clock is always ticking except when you have a dialogue box open or during cutscenes. Also, time stands still when you're inside the Clock Tower itself (where the Mask Salesman hangs out), but time goes by when you're in any other building or dungeon.

OK and one more question: if you reset the 3 day cycle after you beat a dungeon, do you have to re-beat it?

THANKS!

No. After you defeat the boss you'll earn its mask (called _____'s Remains), and when you have the mask you can enter the dungeon and instantly teleport to the boss room. Now keys, mini bosses (I assume), solved puzzles, and things of that nature are reset, so keep that in mind if you're unable to finish a temple before a time reset. But you keep the dungeon item and the boss mask which lets you bypass the dungeon if you need to defeat him again in order to restore/de-curse the area the temple is in.

Last edited:

Pen

The game is on!
The time will never stop, although, there is one song that you can learn pretty early in the game that will slow down the flow of time, that way it will be easier. I was also a little worried about the time limit when I was about to begin MM, however, I've never had any problems with it, so it shouldn't be too difficult.
Good luck on beating the game! :)

Ryuyasha

Dragon Demon
The song of time in that game resets time back to the first day so And if you play it backwards, down a right, down a right, the clock will slow down giving you twice as much time. Also playing each note twice, right right a a down down will take you to the next 6:00 time. And you can always use ZeldaDungeon walkthrough or NintendoCapriSuns let's play If you get stuck. Hope this helps

Beeker

Wild Card
Don't be too afraid of the time limit! It may seem intimidating at first, but one can get over it. Like the others have said, you will learn the Song of time early in the game. With it you can slow down time(just play it backwards), so if you don't feel confident with the normal flow of time, use that. I would suggest using that especially in dungeons, as it gives you enough time to complete them. ^^

And once you beat a dungeon, when you do go back in time, it does reset, though if you need to beat the dungeon again to unlock some kind of event(which you may have to do), all you have to do is beat the boss again, not go through the entire dungeon.

LolGames4U

Viceroy of Area 11
To All: THANKS SO MUCH! OK this doesn't sound too hard! And I'm having a friend over today and we're going to play it together so I won't freak out too much. :) Thanks again to all!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom