• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Ocarina of Time Beating the Shadow Temple Without the Eye of Truth...

Poe_Salesman

Heh heh hee...
I feel silly now for using my arrows against Bongo Bongo... without the eye of truth. I just kind of guessed for the middle and shot, then used the goron sword. It took me three tries to kill him though because I lost my fairies in the room before that trying to find the platforms... Even after finding them once, I could never get them the first try the next time :( I'm going to attempt the Desert without it and see how far that gets me. @OotLord1003: Did it. So there. You and your friend should've tried harder.
@insanity 76: I agree the moving platform was much less difficult then I thought it'd be. I spent the most time in the room with the spikes and the silver rupees, trying to remember/guess where the invisible hookshot targets are :)

insanity76

I don't suffer from it ..
Oh yeah I forgot about that room lol, but I pretty much know roughly where the targets are, so I usually don't use the lens in there. And a little tip (for anyone who doesn't know) about the room & the spikes .. wear the hover boots and if you walk over the spikes you'll hover over them opposed to getting hurt.

Poe_Salesman

Heh heh hee...
The invisible hookshot target over the door didn't take me very long because I used that so many times in my other game that I had that one down. It was the one in the corner that took me so long. For the life of me I couldn't remember where it was! :P The room where you fight the invisible hand thing, that strangles you and what not, it was about a million times more intense without the eye of truth. For kicks, I also did everything without a shield. A Likelike took mine in the water temple, and once I got it back, I decided Link looked cooler without it. Fun Fact: Without his shield equipped he compulsively grabs things with two hands briefly :)

Kybyrian

On one of my various playthroughs of the Shadow Temple I actually did do this. It was a long time ago, and took a few playthroughs to remember everything. I wanted to do it just by memorization and the like. There is a lot of luck involved in it, but you feel pretty good about yourself when you do something like that.

I remember when the game first came out and everyone was playing it. One of my friends said the Shadow Temple was the most difficult dungeon in the game and I thought it was the easiest. I later realized he had never gotten the Lens of Truth! I've got to give it a shot one day

L

legnase

I really didn't want to take the time to get the lens of the truth. So I went to the Shadow Temple and got the hover boots, and then i decided to go get the lens of truth.

D

Da Bunni Hood

Haha I got to the boss before my friend told me that you're supposed to go into the well ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom