• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Smash Bros Be honest, do you know who Terry Bogard is?

Threads relating to the Super Smash Bros series.

Do you know who Terry Bogard is?

• Yes

Votes: 6 31.6%
  • No

Votes: 13 68.4%

• Total voters
In my opinion, no character in the Fighters Pass for Smash Bros has been as surprising as Joker, but Terry Bogard has thrown people for a loop.

I know who Terry is but I've never been a fan of his, but most people who play Smash had never even heard of him before (those bloody young'uns).

So, be honest, did or do you know who Terry Bogard is?

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
yes b/c I'm not an IGNORAMU-yes, I have

I've played one of the king of fighters games on ps2 or ps1 at a friends house a couple years back, but even then I was still familiar w/ the character and fatal fury and all that, plus I know a couple people who are indeed in the fighting game scene and play the SNK fighters

its one thing for people to have not have heard of terry bogard or fatal fury, but not knowing about SNK is a step too far; like have ya'll seriously not even played or seen metal slug before? [not singling anyone out, just overall]

I guess I figure w/ SNK vs Capcom being on the gamecube, NEO GEO games on wii and wii u virtual console and even the switch, and the recent SNK collection and SNK heroines, nintendo fans would have at least some clue on the company

Not really, no. I've heard of the name "Fatal Fury" but I didn't really know much of it, nor its character cast. But for that reason, I can't really say I have an opinion on whether or not he was the best choice for an SNK rep--I think that right belongs to the people who are familiar with SNK works. Although, since Smash is a little stranger as a fighting game where non-fighting game characters are the majority, actual fighting game characters' movesets might be a little less suited for Smash as far as the silliness and non-uniformity goes. Actual fighters seem more consistent, which Smash is not. I am not familiar with Fatal Fury's mechanics or if Terry has any interesting abilities to set him apart as a fighting character though, so I'll have to wait and see.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
Nope. Like Satan I've heard of Fatal Fury but that's it. I don't know anything about SNK, but from what I understand, SNK inspired Smash to be what it is today. I haven't been excited for any of the DLC fighters so far, Terry included, but I'm also not unhappy about any of them.

el :BeoWolf:

When all else fails use fire
I'm one of those "Bloody young-uns" who's never heard of Terry, or Fatal Furry, or even knew what SNK was before the announcement.

Ninja

Well well well
I’ve never heard of him either before this announcement. I thought the news was about some construction worker from Kentucky that was just made as a meme or something.

IMO half of the Smash DLC has been meh.

thePlinko

What’s the character limit on this? Aksnfiskwjfjsk
ZD Legend
No because I don’t live in South America, the only place where the Neo-Geo was popular (at least in comparison to the snes and genesis).

Why terry though? I get that they wanted a new fighting game rep, but why from a game that was only known by fighting game enthusiasts? Scorpion would’ve been a much better pick, or maybe someone from tekkin, hell soul caliber and guilty gear would’ve been much better choices then terry. I ain’t complaining at all, in fact I’m absolutely ecstatic for anyone that isn’t from fire emblem. I’m just wondering why he was who they decided to go with.

You've all made Terry cry.
tumblr_mt8mr5FvcI1ql6g5uo1_400.gif

toonlink

Most Active Inactive User
I knew about Terry, but I'd never played any games he appeared in before the announcement, save for an SNK arcade machine at a laundromat I think I played on once. I tried playing KoF, but I tried out that the guy with the glasses and claw hands, and I didn't like it much.

I was one of those people who knew we'd probably get Terry as an SNK rep, but was hoping it'd be a character from Metal Slug. That said, I think Terry's a wonderful fit! He's not nearly as well known as other characters, but he's got a great moveset that'll work really nicely in Smash. I also recall a story I read somewhere about Masahiro Sakurai getting the idea for Smash Bros after thrashing someone in KoF and imagining a fighting game anyone can get into, so its cool seeing it kinda come full circle!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom