• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Bayonetta 2

Heads up: If anyone is interested in snatching up a copy of Bayonetta 2, the game is currently on sale (bundled with Bayonetta 1) at Walmart.com for only $44.97, normally $60. I noticed earlier today that the game is currently going for almost $70 on Amazon, which suggests to me that there might be a shortage of new copies of the game that might drive up the price. We've seen this before with games like Pikmin 3 and Ocarina of Time 3DS, so if you're at all interested in getting your hands on this game, now might be a good time. I picked up mine at Target today with the price match from Walmart. :)

Has anyone played this game yet? I just started with Bayonetta 1 this evening and it seems like a really great game to me so far. Zelda and Mario are more up my alley, but Bayonetta plays almost like a movie at times and I'm finding that it's pretty relaxing to just enjoy the story as it unfolds and then jump in here and there to beat up some enemies and practice some sweet combos.

Last edited:

CrimsonCavalier

Fuzzy Pickles
Ok, where do I start? I never played Bayonetta 1, so I booted it up first, to get a feel for the series. I instantly loved it, though it had some issues I didn't care for. I finished it, and said to myself "Wow, this is the best game on the Wii U, hands down."

But then ... I played Bayonetta 2.

Bayonetta 2 blew Bayonetta out of the water. If Bayonetta is a really good game, Bayonetta 2 is an unbelievably amazing game. It's, by far, the best game on the Wii U, and, from what I've played and seen, the best game of the generation so far. It's visually stunning, the gameplay is spot on, it has replay value. The story, well, it makes no sense. Not really.

I still know people that haven't played this game because it isn't Nintendo. They are fools. FOOLS! This game should have sold 10 million copies, to date, because everyone that owns a Wii U should own this game.

Sutittaja

Freezing chill
I haven't played Bayonetta 1, but tried the demo version for Bayonetta 2 and I must say: that game is so full of blood. Almost all attacks all bloody showers. That demo as beautiful, it covered basic commands and showed the amazing artstyle that game has, but all that bloodiness was just.. kinda disgusting. I'm not really into bloody games, I mean I can take blood in games, but that was bit too much for my liking. Also my parents would probably get a heart attack if I would play that bloody.
I would like to buy and try it, but I don't think I have chance until I buy my own house.

Bayonetta 2 is arguably the best hack and-slash game of the current generation. That's partly due to its own strengths, but also as a result of waning competition.

The originally Bayonetta is a great game in its own right, but it feels cliche with Bayonetta playing the role of an amnesiac. Bayonetta 2 is a much more personal story. It also does a much better job of juxtaposing the forces of heaven and hell. The Masked Lumen stands in stark contrast to Bayonetta and is a great example of a boss fought multiple times done right.

Bayonetta 2 shows how franchises that missed out on previous Nintendo consoles should make their way to the company. Batman: Arkham City, Darksiders II, and Mass Effect 3 didn't sell well on the Wii U because people don't like jumping in on the middle or end of a story without experiencing the journey leading up to it. Yes, Nintendo did fund Bayonetta 2, but there is precedent for including more than one game in a package, like the Batman Arkham Double Pack (Arkham Asylum and Arkham City) and Mass Effort Trilogy, on other platforms.

My one complaint about the game is its challenge mode. It's lacking in depth compared to the single player story, and there isn't much incentive to compete for the best score.

Despite my praises for the game, I think Ninja Gaiden, Devil May Cry, and God of War were better than the two Bayonetta games at their peaks. Unfortunately, they've largely failed to adapt to the current day, particularly the former two franchises.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom