• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Bayonetta: 1 vs 2

Which game do you prefer?

• Bayonetta 1

Votes: 2 50.0%
  • Bayonetta 2

Votes: 2 50.0%

• Total voters

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
For those of you who've played the Bayonetta games, which one do you prefer?

They both have merits, but I think I prefer 2. The difficulty in 2 is more actual challenge, whereas in 1 it's more "don't get hit, *****" levels of frustrating. 1 is also like half-platformer and most boss fights involve platforming in some way, which is why I prefer the boss battles in 2 where its more about your own skills in combat. 2 has some really fun combat, and better weapons. The music is roughly even in quality, and man is the music good. 1 has some really iconic cutscenes, such as Bayonetta casually walking through a hurricane saying "I feel like a ****ing celebrity in this town." as a bus comes crashing down on her. I'm not sure that 2 has cutscenes that reach that level. But 2's level design is pretty great and way more aesthetically pleasing; Noatun is way cooler than Vigrid.

They're both great games, but I have to give props to 2 for being a more enjoyable and user-friendly gameplay experience.

I prefer Bayo 2. The story in Bayo 1 was a bit too generic and predictable.

The opening level of Bayo 2 is pure insanity. Fighting on a plane, fighting on a train as an angel wrecks the track like a manic bulldozer, fighting on a skyscraper, fighting a giant demon while flying around the skyscraper and summoning a bigger demon to chomp the living hell out of it! Let's rock baby!

I prefer Bayo's style in 2 as well (lesbian hair, i guess)

I like the Ghirahim and Starfox references during the last boss fight too.

Bayo 2 is just more entertaining for me, feels more fluid, more balanced and better designed. The Umbran Climax power is a lot of fun and the extra challenges are always fun.

Lots of extras in there too. Sp hyped for Bayo 3. Its gonna be special.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom