• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Battle of The Web Browsers

Which browser is the best?

• Opera

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Firefox

• Internet Explorer

• Safari

• Flock (It's made by Mozilla Firefox)

• Google Chrome

• Other

• Total voters

Hylian Hobbit

Delightfully Delicious ;P
I use Internet Explorer, but I'd really like to start using Firefox, or maybe Opera. But unfortunately I don't really have a choice at the moment, but I might talk to my dad about getting Firefox.

Amelie

Air Dancer
I use Safari ^^ Its not so fast on a PC. I would use Firefox on windows but I like how secure Safari is and it just looks good running on a Mac ^^

So. I think I'm going to have to sum this thread up with even You Tube hates Internet Explorer. I was looking through the coding on the page of one of my videos, and about halfway down I saw this:

#watch-video-owner-header {
font-size: 13px;
position: relative; /* stupid IE6 */
font-weight: bold;

See. Stupid IE6.

:P

T

Typhingblade

i use firefox ever since ie has been doing poorly but it did crash a few times this month >.>

Its all personal preference. I use Firefox, but I like Opera better ( makes sense doesn't it ). I'm not concerned with security because I don't visit many sites I don't know about and I'm not the average user. I only choose Firefox because I do alot of web development, and it has a right click > view selection source tool ( so I don't have to read through the entire source ).

Opera is faster and has some awesome features, please bring the view selection source to Opera!!

Amelie

Air Dancer
Internet Explorer, by far, is the worst pick for a web browser if you are concerned for safe browsing. There have been issues, even in the past 5 months where Internet Explorer was having issues with security. It is perhaps the most popular of web browsers, since many people do not even know there are browsers other than Internet Explorer, since it is Microsoft's default browser. This is my least favorite browser.

Opera is without a doubt, the fastest of the listed browsers. Opera is increasing in popularity, due to the rather useful tools equipped with the web browser. It is much superior compared to Internet Explorer.

FireFox is the browser I am currently using. FireFox is the browser that is probably the second most popular of the web browsers listed. There also have been issues with FireFox with security, and like Internet Explorer, can have frequent issues with crashing. It is much faster than Internet Explorer, and much safer.

If not FireFox, I use Safari. Safari on a Mac has incredible safety, and isn't plagued with often bugs and security issues like Internet Explorer on Windows. I am yet to find any real flaw within Safari, since it is rather stable for a web browser. It is often even disputed that FireFox is slower than Safari.

Yes it almost seems that the Mac browser (Safari) is as secure as the mac computer ^^

I dont even have that thing thats pops up saying (Pop up blocked) on Safari. And its soo easy to tab web pages with it ^^

You never click to book mark a page and think it worked and it didnt like some other browsers do. IE (idiot explorer) is soo hard for me to get to save my book marks ><

Smitie

The Dutch Kusagari
I switched over to fire fox because I got too many problems with IE. It's a lot better and it's soooo much faster than IE.

Amelie

Air Dancer
I switched over to fire fox because I got too many problems with IE. It's a lot better and it's soooo much faster than IE.

Good! ^^

Idiot explorer is what people use when they want to go slow and run into idiot viruses =O

Fire fox is very good for PC ^^ But opera is really good to. I guess I wouldnt recommend Safari on PC because it is a little slower but on Mac its super fast.

But Safari is another good one you might want to try and it is very secure and super easy to use ^^

Mehplep

Simply awesome
:dry:

Really, IE is just as fast as Firefox for me. I can't see a difference between the two.
Preformancewise is the latest IE (8) and Fx very much alike, but Fx is loading hmtl, javascript and flash faster if you run tests about it. And Fx is, which I find is it's real triumph, soooo much more customizable. There's millions of add-ons to firefox, just to tweak the look or preformance so it matches your personal use of a browser, or just separate programs like download tools, media players or even study programs that corporates with the internet perfectly. And then there's small, intelligent designs like the source code, filling the navigation bar with either the URL or banner of the website, improved session surfing, waaaaay higher security...

Conclusion: Fx > IE. Anyday.

Twili123prince

"ZINGA-DINGDING"
I like Safari the most, but Firefox is pretty good too. I've never even heard of this opera thing, maybe I'll look in to it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom