• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Bathrooms?

Meego

~Dancer in the Dark~
I agree with all the points here, but also, what is the point wasting time taking Link to the loo every 10 minutes when you are trying to play the game. And what if you are in the middle of a dungeon and he needs the toilet!?

Petman1325

Poe Catcher
The reason why I think that there are very few bathrooms is because Nintendo want to be mature. I'm quite sure we don't need to see Link emptying his bowels during the quest or look at someone else doing the same. It was an E-rated game (exception: TP), and I'm sure they don't want crap jokes. Now, if you're thinking of why the regions didn't have restrooms, that's a different story.

Outhouses weren't that common way back then. If I remember correctly, castles (while they had a sewage system) weren't the cleanest. In ancient Rome, there was a place where you could go to relieve yourself, which was then hooked up to the ancient Roman sewage system. I'm quite sure they wouldn't want to pollute Zora River because of the pact that both the Hylians and Zoras have. I'd think that it would involve a nice hole in the ground and a shovel if there isn't a public outhouse already there.

There are a number of reasons you could throw out, but remember, the developers don't want to throw in defecation jokes...that would just make just about every game E10 or T for crude humor. If you're looking into fan theory, then there's a lot of reasons you could throw out there.

Mikau94

Zora Warrior
No wonder the pots always come back after you break them!

Ever heard of the term water closet? Nintendo doesn't have a reason to add toilets.

Z

ZeldaGamerGirl

Well... That's tough but think about it..
In the Pokemon Games for example how come there is only one bedroom and it's your characters one.
Where does the mum sleep she just sits at the table and doesn't move :/
No toilets there either.
You can't be facing Ganon in a video game and all of a sudden Link needs to go to toilet.
See what I mean I guess it just don't work that way...

There are almost never bathrooms in video games. And like jlemon9721 said there's no food either. It's just one of things that if they put in the game it would take away from what the need to put in it.

penguinboy82

Nature's troll
Well, if you think about it, if Link DID have to use the bathroom, one logical thing to do is go to the Minish Cap world, get the Cane of Pacci, find a pot, and, well, you know where im goin' with this... :/

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom