• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Bathrooms?

Myriadviper42

Fulcrum Agent
I don't know if anyone's noticed, but there are absolutely NO bathrooms, not even outhouses in the Zelda series. Why is that!? Share your opinions.

Austin

Austin
There's a bathroom in the Stock Pot Inn. But as for why there aren't any anywhere else, it's a videogame. Link doesn't use a toliet.

C

Carben

Actually there is a bathroom in Majora's Mask. You see a creature lives in the little outhouse within the Inn. He is part of a side-quest to get a piece of Heart. He requires paper so get him a title deed or something similar (I believe you can give him a letter?) and he will leave and give you a heart! But yes other than that I am not sure if bathrooms do exist in the Zelda Universe.

EDIT: My post was just after PJDEP so he answered you question before my post :)

Haha. It's just a video game, dude. Although technically...

http://www.zeldawiki.org/???
%3F%3F%3F.png

:P

There's this guy. He's a hand. In a toilet. The only bathrooms to appear are all belong to him.

But yeah, just a video game. There would be no point to adding them in. Besides, if this is medieval times, then they wouldn't have toilets or bathrooms, just chamber pots (pots you store and then do your business in, you don't have a special room).

athenian200

Circumspect
a place of settlement, activity, or residence.
There are two bathrooms in the series. One in Oracle of Ages, and another in Majora's Mask. In both cases, you can get a handy item from the disembodied hand that seems to reaching for toilet paper, if you give them a paper-based item.

As for why not all of them have bathrooms? Well, think about it... it's not really functional, and I certainly wouldn't want to play a game where I had to worry about Link's bladder.

Scythe-of-Chaos

I'm an assassin.... sshhh
yeah, like everyone else once again- OoA, MM. a hand in the toilet. i therize it is a (worker,person at the inn, it could be the ghost shop owner mabey, a soilder) and his name is strangely ???. also if there was a bathroom, then wouldnt link also need to eat? then we'd have to worry about hunger and thirst and bladder and rest, when instead link can 'do a barrel roll' across and entire feild

February Eve

ZD District Attorney
As for why not all of them have bathrooms? Well, think about it... it's not really functional, and I certainly wouldn't want to play a game where I had to worry about Link's bladder.

That would be a really odd time limit for a side quest. I can picture the failure message: "You did not reach the bathroom in time and wet yourself. Retry yes/no?"

If I'm thinking realistically - in a lot of the game he'd probably be camping, such as in Hyrule field. Hopefully he knows some wilderness survival tips. *g*

Austin

Austin
That would be a really odd time limit for a side quest. I can picture the failure message: "You did not reach the bathroom in time and wet yourself. Retry yes/no?"

If I'm thinking realistically - in a lot of the game he'd probably be camping, such as in Hyrule field. Hopefully he knows some wilderness survival tips. *g*
I think I know that one. It's called "relieving yourself behind a tree" :P

Shadsie

Sage of Tales
Axel, you just gave new meaning to the pots you smash to get treasure. EWWWWW!

Yeah... Toilet Hand Guy. I love him, even though he scares me.

Once, when playing Twilight Princess and needing to take care of myself, I had Link in Kakariko Village. I put him up against a wall (for privacy) beside the tree by the Shaman's house, turned to my guy, who was watching me play, and said "Link is taking a pee now" and went to take care of my business.

I think I know that one. It's called "relieving yourself behind a tree" :P
Yes. It's very basic. :P

Axel, you just gave new meaning to the pots you smash to get treasure. EWWWWW!

Yeah... Toilet Hand Guy. I love him, even though he scares me.

Once, when playing Twilight Princess and needing to take care of myself, I had Link in Kakariko Village. I put him up against a wall (for privacy) beside the tree by the Shaman's house, turned to my guy, who was watching me play, and said "Link is taking a pee now" and went to take care of my business.
Haha, good point! :xd: Funny story, Shaddlez.

I love him too. There's really only one (or is it two?) character I don't like, and that's Honey & Darling.

They probably just relieve themselves in one of the many pots lying around. The ones that aren't containing items, that is. They have to be there for some reason, right?

Real answer: why should they have to put toilets in if there's no gameplay- or plot-related reason for it? The toilets in MM and OoA are made to house the Toilet Hand Guy, not just for decoration.

OotLord1003

Young Link
explains why link's tunic is green?
no no no no, i agree with PJDEP there are so many trees in hyrule?

Din Akera

Sniper
The thing that i find worse than the fact that the number of bathrooms is so low is that the one that I have encountered (MM) doesn't have a door. Now maybe this is more a girl thing...but really, a bathroom with no door? No I find that worse to deal with than not having an official bathroom at all, because as stated above, there are bushes and trees for unofficial spots.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom