• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Bashing Video Games

Over the last few years popular video games like Twilight Princess, Halo 3, and Super Smash Bros Brawl have gotten bashed a lot(especially Twilight Princess). Now every person has there own opinion about video games, and I'm not trying to force my opinion on anyone. I've looked on sites like GameSpot, and a lot of people who bash games seem to bash them for the same reason as the other bashers, almost as if they are bashing a game because everyone else is bashing it.
Are games like TP, Halo 3, and Brawl perfect? No, because there is no such thing as a perfect video game. If you don't like a video game, that's fine, but don't hate a video game just because everyone else is bashing it.
What our everyone elses thoughts on this?

linkman8

True and Noble
You're doing the right thing by thinking for yourself. When it comes to video games, everyone has an opinion, but that doesn't make them right. The fact is that the vast majority of people are going to bunch together to bash on others because there's strength in numbers; following the crowd, if you will. If you like to play Halo 3, Twilight Princess, etc, then that's great. If someone else likes to play COD :MW2, that's great too. That's their prerogative. Now if they insist that theirs is better than yours, just ignore them. The fact is, there's no reasoning with certain people, so why bother?
Just my two cents. I've been teased for liking Zelda before, and I don't really care. I'm an independant thinker. That's what we were given free will for.

Every one bashes me for liking retro games, and even retro gamers bash me for liking black sheep games (Mario 2, Zelda 2, Castlevania 2, etcetera) Do I give a crap? No. If I like Sonic Adventure the most out of the series and some jerk rants on my opinion and lists aboot 314 reasons it isn't, not only is that desperate trolling (and somewhat butthurt) but it's also pointless. Also, before I go on, I'd like to explain the difference between a negative review of a game and bashing a game. When someone gives a game a bad review, they are saying that it's not good for reasonable, well, reasons. Bashing a game is when someone just goes on and on aboot how this one game gets too much attention when it really shouldn't and list a bunch of the smallest flaws with the game. Some include "It didn't stay traditional to the series", "This was a bad addition to the series", "It's too hard!", and the ever famous "The graphics suck!" line. Yes, I know. I have bashed Super Mario Galaxy, Super Smash Bros Brawl, and Star Fox Adventures, call me a hypocrite.

Yes, there is no such thing as an absolutely perfect game. Even SMB3 has some flaws. *every retro gamer boos at me* But you know what? That doesn't mean no video games are good. It's called balance. If there are more good things than bad, it's good. If it's bad, it's vice versa. There is no such thing as a game with all good and no bad, and no game has all bad and no good. Heck, not even ET was that bad. *every retro gamer boos at me again* Shut up, I enjoyed it. Anyway, does having more bad than good justify bashing anyway? No. Bashing is not good since it is just unnecessary complaining.

O

Ozzy_Link19

I agree with you Midna666. Sometimes I feel that people get themselves way over-hyped about a game and if it doesn't meet their expectations then they go on long tirades about how they were promised alot by the developers. I have always kept an open mind about every video game that comes out. If I like it then I will recommend it to anyone who wants to try it. If it's not a good game I will also give my opinion about why I don't like it but I would still tell the person to try it for themselves because everyone does have different tastes in gaming.

P

PixelSmile

I agree with you Midna666. Sometimes I feel that people get themselves way over-hyped about a game and if it doesn't meet their expectations then they go on long tirades about how they were promised alot by the developers. I have always kept an open mind about every video game that comes out. If I like it then I will recommend it to anyone who wants to try it. If it's not a good game I will also give my opinion about why I don't like it but I would still tell the person to try it for themselves because everyone does have different tastes in gaming.

I agree with you 100%
Everyone has their on opinion on everything! :D

Link 2 the past

Slashy Slashy
I agree with you Midna666. Sometimes I feel that people get themselves way over-hyped about a game and if it doesn't meet their expectations then they go on long tirades about how they were promised alot by the developers.

You are always setting yourself up to be disapionted if you buy into all the hype around a game. Because even if it's good you will just think "it wasn't as good as people made out".

I was scared to death before OoT came out. I was just thinking to myself "if it doesn't live up to the hype this could be the end of Zelda".

jugglaj91

I am me....
There will always be a game that is the next "next big thing." Should we buy into it, if it's you're thing then yes, if not then back off and let us fans wait impatiently for it. (like I am for SoulSilver at the moment. and I don't care what anyone thinks about Pokemon, I like it and still play it ever since Red/Blue.) i have never bashed a game. I don't understand why people bashed on SSBB, I thought it was awesome. What, because it doesn't follow the "traditiona" fighting style game? It has Pokemon and other "childish" attributes? Who cares! Just because you got owned by some little kid overseas doesn't mean the game is bad, it means you are bad. In this case it is hate the player, not the game. Heck, if it weren't for those kids I would have no reason to try harder in games. I feel I am rambling so that does it for me lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom