• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Banned Episodes

Clash

Super Melee Brawler
Hi, its Clash, and I'm sure you all know about the Pokemon anime. But what you might not know is that several episodes were "banned." This means that they were only shown in Japan, they were shown once but never shown again due to negative feedback, or simply never aired at all. Probably the best of these is The Legend of Dratini. You can find it with subtitles online.

Last edited:

Jedizora

:right:
Well, the most famous of these was the porygon episode, which is now banned everywhere, even japan, for giving a few hundred kids seizures. The legend of Dratini, if I remember correctly, was the one banned because there was a gun or something. Also, around half of the episodes are banned in North Korea.

VikzeLink

The Destructive One
Staff member
There is also a newer one that is banned because it involved earthquakes, and when they were about to air it there had been earthquakes in Japan recently, so they canceled it.

Kevin

Original PD
Site Staff
My personal favorite is the one with the Safari Warden. I guess pointing guns at kids is considered bad, but as a kid I watched more silly moments in cartoons that were much more violent than that in terms of their actions. I'd consider stuff like Tom and Jerry and Bugs Bunny cartoons to be more violent than a man comically threatening Ash. This also left that hole in the story about Ash's Tauros as well..

Kevin

Original PD
Site Staff
They had one where they changed the way Team Rocket saluted because it looked too similar to the Nazi Germany salute.

TrueChaos

Defender of Hyrule
Only in Japan:

james_breasts.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom