• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Banjo-Tooie: General Discussion

Also, if you think that I'm unfairly against Banjo-Kazooie, I'm not.

I think you are, because when someone else suggest that they prefer Banjo-Kazooie, you say something to the effect of "I don't think so." People are allowed to like whichever game they deem preferable.

Now onto my opinion. I think Banjo-Kazooie was better. I think that while there were some good new features in Banjo Tooie, but there also was annoyances with Banjo-Tooie. For instance there were several cross area jiggies which got complicated and annoying.

I also enjoyed the different areas more in Banjo-Kazooie, I liked Mad Monster Mansion and Gobi's Desert.

Banjo-Kazooie also has more nostalgia for me, I played that one a lot more than I played the second one.

Also I Banjo-Tooie will obviously have more moves, but that is because it is a sequel. But for the first game the moves were great, while yes the first person option in Tooie was an improvement, but I had no problems with shooting eggs in the first one.

Overall I think Banjo-Kazooie is the better one.

As to your egg question, I liked the fire eggs from Banjo-Tooie the best.

MW7

more, harder levels

It took me a while to notice this, but actually Banjo Kazooie has more worlds than Banjo Tooie (9 to 8) unless you count Cauldron Keep in which case they have the same number of levels. They definitely are generally harder in Tooie though as well as longer. I don't think this automatically makes Tooie's levels better because sometimes complexity can turn into tedium. Banjo Kazooie was much simpler and in some respects this is why I liked it more (not by very much though- I like the games almost equally). Simple isn't always better than complex or vice versa though.

I see where your coming from, Jingy, that can get tiresome, but I still prefer the second game. As for you, MW7, I love Witchyworld, too. Also, my dad is capable of beating Kazooie in six hours. Or at least, he used to be. Also, I liked Tooie better specifically due to the number of puzzles. I don't like it very much when I can just go around and blow off a whole level in less than a half hour. It makes it a bit more boring for me.

Banjo-Tooie for me was better than Banjo-Kazooie, but only just. I thought the levels were very long and challenging, which was a good thing, but then I do miss how the levels in Banjo-kazooie were done like you had to collect 100 Notes for that world and then use them to progress through Gruntilda's Lair. But then again it was a good idea to make the notes more meaningful by using them to unlock new moves.

As for the difficulty, Banjo-Tooie beat Banjo-Kazooie there. I spent a heck of a long time in Grunty Industries because I couldn't figure out how to get into the building, I had to look at a Walkthrough in order to find out how to do it (which was annoying because all you had to do was get the train in -_-), where as with Banjo-Kazooie, I would know where everything is and how to defeat the enemies etc.

And let's not forget Grunty's furnace fun, quiz near the end of Banjo-Kazooie. I thought that was awsome! It was way better then the quiz in Banjo-Tooie.

One thing I don't like about Banjo-Tooie is that Grunty's Sisters made Grunty stop adding rhymes in her sentences. I really liked it when she did that, thought that was one of the unique things about Grunty.

Last edited:
I agree, Vaati, the rhymes were really funny. She was ridiculously creative. I spent almost 15 minutes by GI before I looked around and found the path that led me to the train. That was a bit stupid in my opinion, though.

ShadowBlades, I agree that Mad Monster Mansion and Gobi Desert were two of the best levels of Kazooie. I agree, also, that people are allowed to like whichever game they are. The reason it looks like I am bias against Kazooie is purely because I am giving my own reasons for liking Tooie better.

MW7

I see where your coming from, Jingy, that can get tiresome, but I still prefer the second game. As for you, MW7, I love Witchyworld, too. Also, my dad is capable of beating Kazooie in six hours. Or at least, he used to be. Also, I liked Tooie better specifically due to the number of puzzles. I don't like it very much when I can just go around and blow off a whole level in less than a half hour. It makes it a bit more boring for me.

I'm trying to remember my times for completion of the two games. I think Banjo Kazooie took me 15 hours the first time and 10 the next time. I've only finished Banjo Tooie once (I'm currently playing through again though) and I'm pretty sure it took me just under 21 hours. What you said about puzzles reminded me about something I was thinking about a while ago. I was thinking about how similar the Banjo Kazooie series is to the Legend of Zelda series. Banjo Tooie especially reminds me of Zelda because of the more developed puzzle aspect, but both Banjo games had exploration, collecting, and gaining new abilities to advance. There's lots of differences, but I enjoyed a lot of the same things in these two series.

You're right about the similarities between Zelda and Banjo. That's pretty cool. My dad had to try several times to beat Hag 1 to the point that he only beat it once in twelve years. I'm in the middle of Terrydactyland on Tooie so far and taking the game by storm. The last time dad did a speed run of Kazooie, it took him eight and a half hours. That was after a long time having not played the game.

I'm with Vaati101, totally worth it.

Also, I've got a very important question. I'll look it up, but do you guys know any decent (easy) or cheating way to beat Canary Mary in Cloudcuckooland? As far as I know, it's ridiculously hard, but my mom was successful in beating it once (probably through luck.

I liked the feel of the first game. I aboslutely adored the first one played it for hours but couldn't seem to follow the story of the second one far enough to get into any great levels. I got to world 3 or 4 and started playing something else. I love level concepts like Click Clock Wood though.

do you guys know any decent (easy) or cheating way to beat Canary Mary in Cloudcuckooland?.

Weird, I never thought that race was difficult... Anyway, I've heard a number of people on Youtube say that if you get too tired when mashing the A button, you can pause the game and rest. Although I don't know if this works because I never had to rest :D

Yeah, well thanks for nothing really, Vaati. Either way, I know about the Big Al Band for the first fight, and how to counter it, so I'm good. As for you, TreasureHunter1, I think that you should give Tooie another chance. It's really fun. I'm not saying you have to like it better, but the end of the game is really cool.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom