• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Banjo-Tooie: General Discussion

Hello, people (or not) that may or may not be of this planet. I fall under both not a person and not of this planet, but don't tell anybody. Anyway, what do you think of Banjo-Tooie? I thought that it was much better than the first one due to easier controls, better rolls (which I prefer for attacking), more, harder levels, and just the fact that I get first person egg aiming. If you have questions, I should be able to answer them. Also, do any of you know whether or not 5 Jinjos, 8 Jiggys, and 2 (I think) cheat pages along with all 100 notes is the most you can get upon first entering Mayaham Temple? That's what I got, so I could open up both Glitter Gulch Mine and I can't remember the name of the Amusement park level right after exiting the level. What's your favorite type of egg, also? Mine is definitely the awesome Grenade Eggs.

ShadowDiety

Nanomachines, son.
Banjo Tooie is another game I grew up with, and in my opinion it's way better than the first. I liked...well...pretty much everything about it more. My favorite egg is the Ice.

banjo tooie was far better than the original! Which can be a hard thing to do but they made everything better, the story, game play, content and graphics. Both of them for the n64 were great games tho so its all good :)

I like the game a lot. I haven't played the first one, so I don't know how it compares. I love all the exploration in it. The music is also great. I do have occasional problems with camera controls, but not that often and not that bad. It's somewhat hard, but I like hard games so I enjoy it all the better for that.

MichMasteR

AXLE MAH BOI!
banjo tooie was far better than the original! Which can be a hard thing to do but they made everything better, the story, game play, content and graphics. Both of them for the n64 were great games tho so its all good :)

False. It was really good but the best is the first one

Sorry, MichMasteR, but I beg to differ, unlike my little brother. As for you, S. Mario, the first game is pretty good. Unfortunately, you only have the moves you start off Tooie with (like, that's all the moves in the game) and your roll is really bad. Also, there's no first-person egg aiming, it's all forward or from your back.

False. It was really good but the best is the first one

See when it first came out i thought so also but then i replayed them both and decided for me the 2nd was the better game, more to do, new stuff, improvements. Was all just awesome. However that is my view.

I loved the whole being able to get kazooie to jump out of banjo back pack and run around doing stuff. Oh the baby t-rex/adult t-rex transformation was just outstanding :D and the final boss fight was just offfffffffffffft. That and i personal thought the story was better saving the king of the jinos lol

MW7

I'm actually replaying Banjo Tooie right now. Both it and Banjo Kazooie are really awesome games. I think Kazooie is more exploration friendly because you don't have to backtrack nearly as much as in Tooie so you can freely roam everywhere and do virtually everything in worlds right from the start. Tooie is much more complex and requires more thought while still being fun. The style of both games is pretty different really. Kazooie is great for speedruns because it's more open and you can get jiggies in quick succession often. Tooie is a much longer game and jiggies are well-hidden.

The backtracking in Tooie can get tiresome at some points, but it was still fun most of the time. My favorite level is Witchyworld. It had a lot of charm and was easy to navigate.

I actually prefer the first one myself. Some of the jiggies in Banjo Tooie where i had to go cross areas were just really annoying to figure out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom