• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Banjo Kazooie spiritual successor

Kingwobbly

Kingwu.
So has anyone else heard of this project Ukalele? From the sounds of things it's the new Banjo Kazooie game that nuts and bolts should have been.
Here are some screen shots:
image.jpg
image.jpg
Apparently it's going to be on PC but I'm hoping it comes to Wii U too. Definitely looks more like a Wii U kind of game. What do you guys think?

Mercedes

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Yeah, I'm very excited for it! Love me some Banjo Kazooie and, though I loved Nuts & Bolts, it just wasn't quite what I was looking for. Playtonic is made by a lot of ex-Rare developers and I'm sure they'll do a great job recreating the same feeling Banjo Kazooie had.

They were also commenting on the potential of collaborating with Rare, since apparently they know what Rare are working on right now and are excited about it. :) I'd be nice to see more fun, quirky platformers like this in the future, I hope it delivers!

Salem

SICK
Yeah, I heard of it, I'm waiting to introduce this game to my wallet, cause I'm starved for 3D platformers.

When I first heard of this project, my Banjo Kazooie fangirl side squealed for excitement. I've been dying for a new Banjo Kazooie game that actually plays like the N64 games for years, but then I got disappointed when Rare became a Kinect Sports only company. Now that this exists, I'm paying some good money on it. We needed more 3D platformers this generation. :)

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
Never heard of it. However I loved the BK series even nuts and bolts, however I thought it would have been a better side game rather than a main entry.

I haven't played a decent platformer since Mario galaxy so hopefully this will satisfy our desires.

Gah, I so miss the N64 era. Banjo Kazooie/Banjo Tooie are two of my favorite games of all time. I've only ever really had Nintendo consoles (save for a Sega Genesis once upon a time), so I missed out on Nuts and Bolts. My boyfriend recently got an Xbox 360 and I found a used copy at Gamestop, so I may get around to playing it soon, but I'm not terribly interested anymore since I know it won't be anything much like the games I really loved.

Dan

I've yet to play Banjo and Kazooie but those screenshots look really nice. Floating islands with water falling off them always looks fantastic to me. I like how their company logo uses the old colours of Rare, which is neat. I hope it does well.

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
ZD Champion
just gotta say i really dislike the character designs,they look like some kiddy characters for a pre-school computer game
hopefully the game itself will be something to marvel at

Kingwobbly

Kingwu.
just gotta say i really dislike the character designs,they look like some kiddy characters for a pre-school computer game
hopefully the game itself will be something to marvel at
The whole point is a simple design as a throwback to the 90's. They're supposed to look childish XD
Definitely excited for this though, their kick starter has smashed their original goal of £175,000, now having made over £1.2 million last time I checked. I'm probably as excited, if not a little bit more, for this as the new Zelda coming next year.

So has anyone else heard of this project Ukalele?
It's called Yooka-Laylee.

Here's the kickstarter link for it.
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/playtonic/yooka-laylee-a-3d-platformer-rare-vival/description

Looks like a lot of people are interested in it. I personally want to get the physical collectors edition but $133 (for me) and I didn't like Banjo all that much. But I did like DK64 though. So I'll seriously think about it. The fact it'll be out on the WiiU day one makes me happy though.

ihateghirahim

The Fierce Deity
Is it a crime ive had an n64 for 16 years and never played banjo kazooie? It looks good. And ill have to try this new game. Its bursting with color and fun. My kind of game

I hate to admit it, but I've never played a Banjo Kazooie game. When I heard about this game being a "spiritual successor," I skimmed the screenshots and quickly moved on. I have no expectations for this game, nor is it on my radar. I might check it out eventually. I do appreciate the vibrant aesthetic, however.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom