• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Banhammer on Pajamas at the Supermarket

Do you agree with this ban?

• Yes

Votes: 3 37.5%
  • No

Votes: 5 62.5%

• Total voters

Dan

Click on the picture for the source

I myself agree with this ban, the problem is clothes you wear during the night absorb a lot of your body odor and get quite smelly real fast. I don't want to go to a stink house, I want to visit a supermarket to pick up my pizza and chips, I'm not going to be too happy if the body odor from your pajamas travels from your PJ's and gets within a small hole in the pizza package and thus contaminates my pizza.

However if someone just got changed into their Pajamas and then went to the store I wouldn't mind.
Bottom line is I don't care what you wear as long as you don't smell.

What about you? What do you think? Do you go to the store in your PJs?

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
Seems like a smart move to be honest. It's only the bloody chavs and morons who do this. It's disgusting especially considering that they've likely slept in those garments.

ectoBiologist

Still Fandom Trash
I don't agree. Honestly, people should be able to wear what they want, unless what they are wearing breaks any laws or infringes upon another's rights. Plus, what is defined as "pajamas?" Like Satan said, whatever you wear to bed is your pajamas. I know there are clothes marketed as specifically for sleeping, but anything can be your sleepwear.

I've seen several people walking around the shops wearing pyjamas before, but it doesn't really bother me what they're wearing as long as they don't stink. The other week I was at the train station and this man sat down next to me and he smelt like vomit. I didn't want to look like I was being rude by walking away, so I just put up with it... I would have prefered if he was wearing clean PJ's instead.

Dan

Question. If someone sleeps in his street clothes, that makes them pajamas, correct? Does this mean said person isn't allowed, by law, to wear clothes in the supermarket?

You raised a good point which is why we need to equip the scanners at the entrance of each store with body odor scanners so people that smell too bad are arrested and given a shower.

Moonstone

embrace the brand new day
I don't really agree with the ban - as long as what the person is wearing isn't illegal or unsanitary (smelly or causing unsanitary conditions for others, like dirty feet and hands all up on FOOD) it should be allowed as long as the person is spending money and financially supporting the shop. However, I also am in favor of a free market. If a shop wants to ban people for whatever reason, they do so at their own expense (or gain). That being said, business isn't really my expertise. If businesses gain help from the taxes of the people, then they should be open to anyone who pays said taxes. If not, if they operate entirely on their clientele, then they should be able to choose their clientele.

Aku

I agree with this ban. "I should be able to do whatever I want because I'm the customer' never really sat well with me.

I would never go out in pyjamas; I'd feel ridiculous and sloppy. That being said, what other people wear doesn't impact me in any way, so if they want to wear pyjamas, go ahead and wear pyjamas for all I care.

that being said, Tesco also has the right to ban pyjamas. so if that floats their boat, then people who really, desperately want to wear pyjamas just need to go somewhere else.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
I never ever have seen a person going to the shop nearby wearing their pyjamas. I wish they would though :P I don't care what people wear as long as the food I need are looking alright and not wearing pyjamas all of a sudden o_O

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom