• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Bands and Artists You Wish Would Reform/Make New Music Again

Beauts

Rock and roll will never die
Basically what the title says. Are there any bands or artists you wish would either get back together or any artists you wish would make new music after a long hiatus?

For me:

• The White Stripes should get back together. Come back Meg!
  • Oasis should reform. I doubt they ever will at this point but we can wish. I miss them immensely.
  • Led Zeppelin should tour again as a full band. Every time they have there's been one of the (remaining) band members who hasn't done it, usually you get either Jimmy Page OR Robert Plant but not both. This is unacceptable!
  • I'd love if The Specials would reform. They did a few years ago but it was kind of before I was really into them.
  • My Chemical Romance. I know technically they aren't 'broken up' but they basically are and I think, we've had a few years of a break from them and it'd be nice if they came back and went back to their roots. I'm more of 'Bullets' and 'Black Parade' person than a 'Killjoy'...

selicyc

i never knew daylight could be so violent.
a mystery inside of an enigma wrapped in a soft fuzzy blanket of I don't even know what
I had to give it some thought and came to the conclusion that I really only miss one band (Kaggra,), and there's no way they'll be able to reform as their vocalist passed away almost a year after their dissolution.

It doesn't matter to me if a band is broken up or taking a break. I'll be sad when I find out there won't be any more music, sure, but I can still love and listen to what they have released. I can still find pleasure in buying their CDs and, more often than not, follow their other projects. The excitement of a new release is all that's missing.

Music is timeless. Favourite musicians retiring or passing away, though? That sucks.

Link Floyd

ᵒⁿ ᵗʰᵉ ʳᵘⁿ
Oh gosh, there are so many:

• Oasis
  • Pink Floyd (unlikely though, since Rick Wright passed away and Roger Waters is a dick umu)
  • My Chemical Romance
  • Rialto
  • Pulp
  • Lush

The Spacemonkeyz, who are simultaneously responsible for my favourite dub album ever, and one of the best sounding modern albums I've heard. They made one album of Gorillaz remixes and one remix for German singer Herbert Grönemeyer, and disappeared after that. And I'm still salty about it fourteen years later.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom