• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Ball & Chain

Zarom

The King
The Ball and Chain. I think it was just an awesome item. Not very useful outside the dungeon tough, except on monsters. It was such a great item. When I first killed that naughty ball and chain trooper-like, and that he left the item on the ground, I was like: Wait, are we really gonna have THIS item? I had so much joy. I used it many times and in many ways. In fact, it was a really cool item that replaced the hammer. :cool:

Yes. The Ball and Chain was one of the great items in this game and others that never really got much attention, but I guess that was due in the beginning, because what else could you use it for other than break ice? It got a lot of attention in the dungeon it came from, and I wouldn't expect any more.

Zarom

The King
Yeah. It was a relly cool item that replaced the hammer. When I had first after beating that damn mini-boss, I was like: No. Are we really gonna use this thing?!? Then I picked it up and tried it in a lot of ways.

It is clearly one of the greatest items in the Zelda series. It was unique and innovative. Really like it. :)

Sorry! Double Post! I tought my other had not been sent!

Last edited:
I really liked it, but I never really found a use for it outside of the snow palace, and in the snow palace all I used it for was smashing them suits of armor, and fighting the boss. I liked the weapon a lot, but I wish it had more of a use in the game then what it actually did something more, or was needed in more then one temple...

This item alone warrents playing TP over again. Like many of you I had a hard time defeating the miniboss, my reasoning being the lack of space to manuever around him. When he was defeated though, and the ball and chain remained... I recall screaming for my brother and was like... NO WAY!

I recall using it throughout the game afterwards, especially if I got fustrated with an area and need to vent some steam. fun times...

Link Master

The Hero's Master
Well I do admit the ball and chain was a nice addition but however I only used it in the snowpeak temple and I thought the best was the bow and arrow. However the ball and chain can stop you from slipping on the ice and was used to defeat things like freezards and chillfos.

Jetter

Type to myself in silence
I thought the ball and chain was great. It looked like link would never be beat. There were a couple problems too. When your fight those tall spear throwing ice guys in that chapel-like room it's hard to use ball and chain,but I ended up using bombs and mostly cornering them. Then there is this kind of annoying part in Hyrule Castle where you have to through your ball and chain on the blocks to see which one is fake.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom