• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Twilight Princess Ball and Chain: Too Good?

crazeh navi

Guardian of Equestria
Okay, so anyone who's played the game is familiar with the ball and chain, but my question is: is it so powerful that it's cheap? I almost felt it detracted from the game some because it wielded so much strength. I found myself avoiding it in general because it just felt too easy for me. Am I the only one who feels this way?

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Well, using the Ball and Chain to plow through Ice type enemies is endless fun! Otherwise, I don't think it was really that strong of a weapon, because it has a terrible startup time, doesn't really deal all that much damage, and has a noticable ending lag.

Y2K3

Lushier than Mercy!
Like what was already said, I think it were a little useless with how slow it was. I rarely ever used it 'cause I found that pretty much everything else in the inventory (that could deal damage, anyway) was more effective, because of this factor. Perhaps it is strong, but, for me anyway, there is a low accuracy involved with the item, which in the end makes it item not worth the hassle.

I never used it outside of Snowpeak Ruins, it just isn't that useful. TP does this too much with its items, they are used a lot in the dungeon where they are found then tossed to one side, I think it's one of the biggest problems with the game.

It kind think of it like Ike in SSBB very strong but slow.

Speaking of this, i was hoping for a slightly updated moveset for Link in SSBB. They should've used this in Brawl as a Smash Attack, xD

Also, yea, its not too over powerful. Its actually very useful in the Cave of Ordeals against Chilfos and Redead Knights, but against anything else, its more efficient to use the sword. So it depends on what youre fighting.

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
I don't feel it was too powerful. You just have to time it right where you get it out, start swinging, and let it go. It's really disadvantaged by the fact that if you miss the enemy, you may not be able to pull it back in time.

I did like the ball and chain, it was pretty new and fun, but it's sooo slow! If you miss an enemy, it takes ages to try again, and by then the chances are pretty high that you already got hit. That's because I never used it outside the Snowpeak Ruins. That's quite a shame, actually, because I really did like the concept.

Pen

The game is on!
No, I don't think the Ball and Chain was too good. I rarely used it, not because I thought it was too strong, but because I thought it was too troublesome to use. Sure, the item was very useful against enemies such as Chillfos, Freezards and Armos, but that was about it. The rest of the game I used it very little. It simply took too much time to get it ready before it could attack.

Ball&Chain was disappointing. It was only really useful in Snowpeak ruins, even fun to use, but after the dungeon it shared the fate of several TP items. You never really had to use it again except maybe break some ice boulders in caves and grottos.

It was troublesome, at best, because it was so slow and even with L-targeting the faster enemies could easily avoid it. So in combat it was pretty useless, even if it was powerful.

LinkLover

You Mean, Green Thing
I personally thought it was a disappointment. It was strong, but had very little uses. I wish they had designed it different. It wasn't overly strong, but overly useless. It basically only breaks ice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom