• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Hyrule Warriors Badges

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
In Hyrule Warriors/Legends we're able to collect material (endless gringing) to improve our warriors. But sometimes collecting all material for the warriors take ages because of certain Giant Bosses who are everything BUT loyal by giving us the material we need. So I can understand some people are like "screw you, I'm not going to create all badges!" So my question is...do you or did you create all badges?
I did. In both versions ( I don't own a switch so I don't have the Definite Edition game). Mainly because I love grinding and I know where to find the enemies needed to collect the materials (in case they're willing to give me silver or gold).

@Vanessa28

For the giant bosses, I think farming the giant boss levels in the beast Ganon mode is a decent way to farm the boss materials. I'm not sure if this is in the 3DS port of the game though. It's also a decent way to earn rupees until you unlock some of the skulltula maps. I've not unlocked any skulltula maps in the Switch port yet.

Personally I find farming the gold materials from the enemy heroes to be much more time consuming. Of cause the stages that have the dividing enemy heroes are good for this, as are the Twilight Princess stages because the TP map gives double materials. Not sure if any other map area does this.

The armour badges though are not as good for many of the harder stages though. They are worthless on all stages without a favoured element. It just so happens many of the harder stages have no favoured element. Still for every other stage the badges are quite useful and totally worth going for. The Switch port actually makes this a mot more managable. The Adventure maps now have an overall difficulty. So you don't have to grind them all up at once.

The easy maps can be done with no armour badges or just the bronze ones.
The medium maps could be done with the bronze armour badges but getting silver might help a little too.
The hard maps I think need the gold armour badges. But by then you've gone through a good portion of 4x adventure maps. That's a lot of stages to find the gold materials you need. And by then farming what you need still shouldn't take too long I guess.

Overall though with a little skill the need for the gold armour badges is lessened a little on the Switch port. The reasons for this are the difficulty scaling of the adventure maps is so much better and the move to A Rank needing a percentage of life lost, not a number (which is mostly equivelant to 4 ot 6 hearts). It makes extra hearts actually useful this time around. As it's 100% or 150% of your max health, all extra heart pieces included.

Did I create all the badges?
On the WiiU port no. After about 250 hours, my external hard drive died and all my saved progress was gone. So I quit the game. But now on the Switch I do aim to create them all one day. When I have the time. The game is all about doing grinding though. Which is different to most musou games in a way. It's fun and yeah one day I'll do it.
How Hyrule Warriors is different, is that it's 10% story mode and 90% adventure mode. Whereas almost every other musou game is 90% story mode and replaying the stages in free mode. The last 10% is the other modes like special challenges and other things.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
@Vanessa28

For the giant bosses, I think farming the giant boss levels in the beast Ganon mode is a decent way to farm the boss materials. I'm not sure if this is in the 3DS port of the game though. It's also a decent way to earn rupees until you unlock some of the skulltula maps. I've not unlocked any skulltula maps in the Switch port yet.

Personally I find farming the gold materials from the enemy heroes to be much more time consuming. Of cause the stages that have the dividing enemy heroes are good for this, as are the Twilight Princess stages because the TP map gives double materials. Not sure if any other map area does this.

The armour badges though are not as good for many of the harder stages though. They are worthless on all stages without a favoured element. It just so happens many of the harder stages have no favoured element. Still for every other stage the badges are quite useful and totally worth going for. The Switch port actually makes this a mot more managable. The Adventure maps now have an overall difficulty. So you don't have to grind them all up at once.

The easy maps can be done with no armour badges or just the bronze ones.
The medium maps could be done with the bronze armour badges but getting silver might help a little too.
The hard maps I think need the gold armour badges. But by then you've gone through a good portion of 4x adventure maps. That's a lot of stages to find the gold materials you need. And by then farming what you need still shouldn't take too long I guess.

Overall though with a little skill the need for the gold armour badges is lessened a little on the Switch port. The reasons for this are the difficulty scaling of the adventure maps is so much better and the move to A Rank needing a percentage of life lost, not a number (which is mostly equivelant to 4 ot 6 hearts). It makes extra hearts actually useful this time around. As it's 100% or 150% of your max health, all extra heart pieces included.

Did I create all the badges?
On the WiiU port no. After about 250 hours, my external hard drive died and all my saved progress was gone. So I quit the game. But now on the Switch I do aim to create them all one day. When I have the time. The game is all about doing grinding though. Which is different to most musou games in a way. It's fun and yeah one day I'll do it.
How Hyrule Warriors is different, is that it's 10% story mode and 90% adventure mode. Whereas almost every other musou game is 90% story mode and replaying the stages in free mode. The last 10% is the other modes like special challenges and other things.

In the 3DS version the Boss Rush and Challenge Mode isn't available. So you have to defeat the Giant Bosses in either the Story or Adventure Mode. It can be tough, especially with Beast Ganon and Phantom Ganon. But like you said, in TP Map you'll get rewards twice when you kill a commander/boss/giant boss. So with material master you can farm gold from enemies much easier. Especially during the Divided Enemy battles. And the Team Up battles can also give you more materials if you make certain characters your enemies. They spawn giant bosses twice. In one case I made both Lana and Wizzro my enemy and each of them summoned Dodongo twice. So I farmed 8 X gold. The only thing that kinda sucks in the 3DS version of Material Master is the fact you need to pay 20 silver materials to create the mixture. Thankfully the divided Enemy battle against Ganondorf is a great way to farm enough silver materials you can use to buy that potion. I played 3 hours of Divided Enemy (Ganondorf) and I farmed 200 silver and 100 golden materials from him. So I used the silver for Material Master.

I created all badges in the wiiu version and also in the 3DS version. And now I played it again, I'm halfway again with the badges. I personally love the hours of grinding for materials! I know for a fact if I get the Switch and the game, I'll spend hours again grinding and collecting materials ;)

I get the Switch and the game, I'll spend hours again grinding and collecting materials ;)
If you really want to grind it all over again, the Switch port is very nice. It's really the best version of the game. Actually in the Switch port the grind is not as bad as in the WiiU version. They balanced the drops so we get slightly more gold drops. Also you can abuse Ganon mode.

I never bothered with many of the potions though. I did use the always powered up items potion for a few lissions to make them way easier to complete. The good part about potions is they last until you return to the map screen, so if you fail the mission and choose restart mission, without going back to the map, the potion is still active. Could this be a good way to abuse the XP potion? Possibly but you would not get rupees this way so manybe not such a good idea.

Also @Vanessa28 I do have a question for you.
The master sword was unlocked in the WiiU version when you found all of the weapons in the game. But how do you unlock it on 3DS? There is two master sword unlocks there. How do you unlock both?

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
If you really want to grind it all over again, the Switch port is very nice. It's really the best version of the game. Actually in the Switch port the grind is not as bad as in the WiiU version. They balanced the drops so we get slightly more gold drops. Also you can abuse Ganon mode.

I never bothered with many of the potions though. I did use the always powered up items potion for a few lissions to make them way easier to complete. The good part about potions is they last until you return to the map screen, so if you fail the mission and choose restart mission, without going back to the map, the potion is still active. Could this be a good way to abuse the XP potion? Possibly but you would not get rupees this way so manybe not such a good idea.

Also @Vanessa28 I do have a question for you.
The master sword was unlocked in the WiiU version when you found all of the weapons in the game. But how do you unlock it on 3DS? There is two master sword unlocks there. How do you unlock both?
There are two skills. Excorsim is the first one and you have to get all level 1,2 and 3 weapons (DLC doesn't count on the 3DS) to unlock the first skill which requires 10000 ko's. The sec skill (25000) is unlocked when you collected all level 4 weapons (again, DLC doesn't count on the 3DS). So you're able to unlock the MS relatively early. I believe in the switch it's different. Then DLC is no longer DLC.

OH! The XP potion is very great actually for low level characters! I played the KO count on the MQ Map. I play the one with the two Dark Volgas the most. I leveled very low levelled characters up from 0 to 35. Yes, I died a lot but like you said it's still active when you got beaten and have to play the level again. It doesn't work that well when a character is level 35 and up. Because they're getting more heart containers and it takes a while for the health bar to go down. Sometimes enemies don't even hit you properly.

There are two skills.
Thank you so much for this. Now I know. I'll slowly work towards them.
Also as far as I know the 4000KO weapon skill that gives you faster attacks only appears when you've unlocked the first master sword weapon skill. It was that way on the WiiU so I am assuming the 3DS and Switch is the same.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
I tend to get 6-8 weapons per battle which is very frustrating when I'm material-hunting, especially because I almost never get good weapons. It's nothing but lvl 1 & 2 which is basically just free rupees at this point, but rupees can't buy me the materials I need so its a waste. I prioritize weak point, guard damage, knock-back nullification, and keep capturing badges. Next priority would be the third special attack gauge. I tend to just stick with bronze armor badges. I intend to get them all at some point, but I am not actively trying to do so. I just complete them as I go.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom