• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Bad News for Smash Bros. Players Who Use GC Remotes.

JakeProtagonist

Defender of Peace
In case you dont know yet, The Wii U Will Also have a Smash Bros. game, and I know a lot of people like to use GC remotes to play Brawl on the Wii. Well, in case you also didnt know, The Wii U doesnt have GC (Game Cube) controller ports, and doesnt play GC games. Which Ultimately means, we;ll have to get use to using either the Wii-Mote and Nun-chuck, Sideways Wii-Mote, or Classic Controller. We wont be able to play with our beloved GC Remotes any more :(

... TIME TO GO BUY A CLASSIC PRO CONTROLLER!!! :D

JakeProtagonist

Defender of Peace
Well yes, I believe this revelation was revealed awhile ago. I'll just use the new Wii U controller. the Wii Remote (alone or with the nunchuk) is just unfitting for Smash Bros. gameplay.
Yeah, just pointing it for people who havent realized it. :) Im planing on trying the Classic Controller Pro, seems pretty good.

Big Octo

=^)
It makes perfect sense, as the GC is outdated. However, it's still a bit disappointing to me, I always use the controller. Well, I guess I'll get a classic controller!

Onilink89

Nyanko Sensei
I have seen alot of classic contollers made by third party, that has been remodeld to a GC controller. I think that would solve your problem....sorta

Example
Hori_Classic_Controller_Light_Blue.jpg

Cel-Shaded Deku

Ha ha, charade you are!
Rapin' your churches, burnin' your women!
Not much of a problem for me. I originally started using the Gamecube controller because I was using too many batteries with the Wii Remote. I'm pretty good with the classic controller as well so even if I don't get a controller like the one above I'll be okay.

Last edited:

TrueChaos

Defender of Hyrule
i use a GC controller, not as good with the remote. don't plan on getting a WiiU so won't be affected much. it's all about the Brawl

jugglaj91

I am me....
I have always used the Wiimote and Nunchuk setup. SO long as that is a viable option I will be fine. If not then I guess tablet use will have to work I suppose. Oh well, not really planning on getting the Wii-U until Zelda anyway.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
It does make me a bit mad that we can't use the GC controller (I usually use GC or a USB Keyboard), but as others have said oh well, time to get used to another controller. That classic controller pro doesn't appeal to me, so hopefully Nintendo will make a CCP+ which is modeled directly after the GC controller, but maybe with two additional buttons for R2 and L2 a la PS2?

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
This doesn't come as much of a shock to me; I actually expected this. But I'll try it out on the Wii U's control-pad first, see how that goes, and maybe switch to a Classic Controller later. Though I love using Gamecube controllers on the respective SSB games, I won't let this get me down.

T

Tadock

Yeah. Similarly, I am also not surprised. I don't expect to use a N64 controller on my Wii. I think most gamers will be able to get used to any style. And those 3rd party controllers look useful.

I will miss my GC controllers though :( At least I can still play some of the classics!

Well, I guess I'll just whip out the old Classic controller that I've never really used to begin with. I wonder where I put that old thing. I will sorta miss using the old GCN controller, though, but it is no major loss for me; I'll adapt.

Time to move on... :yes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom