• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Bad Luck, or Nintendo Losing Their Edge?

Zaeker

Overlord of Userbars
Nintendo is not losing their edge. They have revolutionzied with every single new console that has came out. Thinking any other way is popresoterous.

Well, yes, their new products do revolutionize the gaming market! But think about it from a business point of view: Nintendo is actually not living up to their self-proclaimed standards! I mean, I own Skyward Sword (avid Zelda fan, of course :D) and I own the limited edition Zelda themed 3DS; and I'll be the first to tell you that Skyward Sword and my Zelda 3DS are phenomenal products and definitely revolutionize the gaming market! But I'll also be the first to tell you that the game-stopping bug in Skyward Sword and the price cut on the 3DS are certainly dealing a great blow to the Big N's overall profit!

I really hope Nintendo can up their game with thew Wii U. OK, the 3DS didn't have the best launch but since the price drop sales have soared, even in Japan, where there were huge sales over the Christmas period. I have high hopes for the Wii U. If Nintendo can pull off a solid online infastructure and HD graphics, then put it with their classic franchises and innovantion, you have a perfect system; I my view anyway.

I don't think oits all doom and gloom for Nintendo, and if the Wii U lives up to my expectations, I expect Nintendo will have the gaming world at their feet before long.

I sure hope so. The wii hasn't done very well when you look at the ps3 and xbox. But truely, Nintendo is my favorite company so I really want them to succeed. However, I don't think it's a good idea to release the Wii U before ps3 and xbox. Although the Wii's failing, I think it happened because they released the Wii before ps3 and xbox. After Wii released, sony and microsoft looked for better graphics cards and stuff to beat the wii, which caused its downfall since in today's world its "all about graphics" apparently. Same thing will happen with Wii U. Sony and microsoft will find something better and then their release will reach higher sales and Wii U will fall down.

I have really enjoyed most of Nintendo's "Official" offerings in the past few years to now... I can not say the Wii is my favorite system but the games they made for it ARE some of the best in value in my opinion.. but if that is because I am a nostalgic fanboy I have no clue... I suppose I am more forgiving than someone who didnt gow up playing primarily Nintendo titles for the last 25 or so years... But in the end they make things I like.. why I like them doesn't really matter does it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom