• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Bad Computers

Feverish

Source of stink
Apologies if this was a thread already, but who else has to deal with having a low end computer/laptop? I've never had a good computer, with CPU power never going above 2 ghz. These computers aren't gaming computers at all. I find that many games I want to play are simply too tough to run, and several other things like HD YouTube end up lagging, or everything loads slowly. So I mostly use my phone for everything. That said, I meet few who share that discomfort. Everyone seems to have a computer that can run 1080p video streams or play something like DayZ. Who else currently has, or used to deal with for a long time, a limitive, bad computer?

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
I have an old computer on life support. I rarely use it except to photo shop things and I won't replace it as I can just use my phone or tablet for internet stuff.

pyjamas5189

Secretly a cat
I recently downgraded to a smaller computer to take to and from work without it weighing to much or taking up too much space and I deliberately bought one that couldn't run decent games to stop me procrastinating. A decision I now regret.

There are those of Us who rely greatly upon whatever goodies We can get for free from those around Us that can afford to upgrade far more regularly.

We are not a proud race, but We can't aford pride anyways.

Feverish

Source of stink
There are those of Us who rely greatly upon whatever goodies We can get for free from those around Us that can afford to upgrade far more regularly.

We are not a proud race, but We can't aford pride anyways.
Yes, We are called the unemployed.

Moonstone

embrace the brand new day
As a gift for college my pseudo computer savvy father bought me a "gaming" laptop. It was nice to have a computer I could stick in my messenger bag or use anywhere in the house but it would heat up crazy fast and start lagging all to heck. I could play Maplestory and World of Warcraft on lowest settings, but raiding in WoW was definitely out of the question and most FPS were too fast paced for my laptop to handle. At least it could handle most websites pretty well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom