• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Majora's Mask Back to the Future Zelda?

I was reading another thread on here about the next Zelda game taking place between MM and TP, and taking place in Termina. It got me thinking...

I'm a big fan of the Back to the Future movies. Especially the second one where he goes back in time and basically ends up helping his original self who had already went back in time.

How cool would it be for Nintendo to make a game where you revisit the land of Termina, and you (as Link), get to follow the original Link around and "help" him through his quest? Obviously, there would be a main quest for you to follow as well, but your path would cross with the original Link from time to time, and you can help him out, or do things for him so that he can complete the original MM quest.

Example: When you're getting Kafei's stolen mask back from Sakon in Ikana, maybe that isn't Kafei that goes into Sakon's hideout with you... maybe that's another Link, wearing a Kafei's mask?

What do you guys think?

Interesting idea, but I don't think it would execute into a good game. You would essentially be playing a much less epic version of MM.

Mrflamexd3

Wind Waker!
As you can see from my profile picture I am a big fan of Back to the Future myself.
I think that this could actually be implemented as like an add-on story for MM3D (kind of like Undead Nightmare for Red Dead Redemption). They could sell it on the e-Shop although you would probably have to beat the main story first.

Awesome

The Creepy Uncle
I'm not sure how that would be implemented well and not be completely linear. If it was un linear then the options would be endless. In Majora's Mask when you go back in time, the people will do the same things over and over so if what your'e saying happened, then you would have to do certain things in order for said other Link to do something so that you could so something else. Seems like it would be a programming nightmare.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom