• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Back seat gaming

Do you do backseat gaming

• I hate watchimg people play

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • I only watch irl

Votes: 4 33.3%
  • I only watch streams

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • uwu please collect that treasure in the map first.

Votes: 4 33.3%
  • I watch but I don't comment or talk

Votes: 2 16.7%

• Total voters

GrooseIsLoose

Slickest pompadour in town
ZD Legend
So do you watch peopl play irl and/or streams or do you dislike it?

I've watched my cousin playing ps2 and Wii games when I was a game. He was patient enough to do if I request something to do in game.

I rarely watch streams but enjoy a good and interactive one.

VikzeLink

The Destructive One
Staff member
I don't watch streams, but I do watch videos a little bit. Mainly Game Grumps, but others as well.
When I was a kid, I'd sometimes watch my friends play (if it was a console game with at least somewhat of a story), but if we hang out these days, we'd never really play a single player game

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
I haven't really done so in person w/ anyone that much, if at all

I don't typically watch playthrough videos either but I have stumbled upon ones that catch my interest every once in a while, and streams even less so

I watch video game walkthroughs on Youtube and when my sister used to play video games I watched her play.

I define backseating as actually telling the person with the controller what to do. I only do that if they ask me for a hint if I know the game, but depending on what it is they're doing, I may only give a partial hint cuz discovery is important for a lot of games.

I mostly only watch friend streams, though preferably games that I either am familiar with or games that are easy to follow. Other games I may attend streams for but mostly for small talk with my friend who is streaming; sometimes we just talk about random things. Off topic gaming chats are the best.

Jimmu

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I don't enjoy watching other people play games, so I don't tend to watch any streaming. I did play through BOTW with a friend and as we were taking turns I'd watch and chat but that is probably as far as my interest in watching other people play goes.

Bowsette Plus-Ultra

wah
ZD Legend
Not usually.

I like keeping streams in the background, so it's more important to me that the streamer be able to provide insightful commentary and discussion.

Uwu_Oocoo2

Joy is in video games and colored pencils
ZD Legend
Forum Volunteer
I tend to watch people irl. My dad plays video games a lot, so when I was younger I would watch him. I just like solving puzzles and discussing the game with someone while they play it. That's probably why I don't watch streams very often, I want to be like "No, go THAT way" all the time. The only time I won't backseat game is if someone is playing a game I've played before. I want them to be able to get through it without me leading them along. I will supply witty commentary, though.

Mikey the Moblin

sushi is a suspicious hello
I tend to watch people irl. My dad plays video games a lot, so when I was younger I would watch him. I just like solving puzzles and discussing the game with someone while they play it. That's probably why I don't watch streams very often, I want to be like "No, go THAT way" all the time. The only time I won't backseat game is if someone is playing a game I've played before. I want them to be able to get through it without me leading them along. I will supply witty commentary, though.
to me this just makes gaming more fun and sociable of an activity

I'll let my sister watch me play games, but she doesn't like it when I watch her play games. I think I'm being helpful ("oh , there's a heart.", "the sign should tell you where to go.") but I'm probably backseat gaming and she doesn't like it. She also says she doesn't play very well under pressure.
She likes to watch me play Twilight Princess and some RPGs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom