• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Art Azure's Graphics

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
It's about time I made a thread like this. I figure this will be a more organized way of keeping track of my past signatures than just cramming them all into a folder on photobucket with tons of other random pictures.

I used GIMP to make all of these, and the pictures I use are found all over the place. For the backgrounds and anime characters, I scrape through google images. Any Zelda pictures I use will most likely come from [PIXIV]. It's a wonderful site for Zelda fan art. I hope you find these interesting.

S.jpg

The motto I used is from an old signature Lady Destiny had made for me.

08b_1024i-1.jpg

Just couldn't think of a motto for this one. I do like what I did to my username, though. I used the pencil tool for that.

sunrise2-1.png

A "close to home" motto. It's how I really feel about my friends. I used characters from my favorite anime, Durarara!!, to be a visual metaphor for that.

MasaomiandLinkBunnyHood.png

This is one of my favorites. I don't even remember how I came up with that! Thanks to Sarianae for getting that picture of Link for me. This signature would never have happened if it weren't for her. =D

DurararaandSkywardSword.png

Four characters in one signature. Most I've ever rendered into one image. I put Link and Masaomi up front, and their girls in the background looking all happy. Dunno how I got the idea for this one either.

MasaomixZange.png

My last signature. Masaomi and Zange are my two most favorite anime characters ever. They are such great characters! That's what gave me the idea for this motto.

Just those six will do for now. I'm going to post them in groups of six. I'll put some more up at a later date. Now, let the constructive criticism rain! Please. :)

Last edited:

Zarah

Pikachu my Snorlax
Link and Masaomi with bunny ears so SO CUTE *squee*

These are all really nice :D Keep up the good work!

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
Here's the next six. Enjoy to your heart's content:

TheHeroofSpirits2.png

This one is based on my fan fiction that nobody reads anymore. :( I recolored images of Masaomi Kida to represent my protagonist. On the left is Alphonse at the start of the story, and on the right is him at the end (which I've yet to reach because no one is reading it anymore). The "more than one journey" bit refers to the fact that I'm rewriting the story.

Motivation.png

I just kinda lazily threw this one together one Saturday morning. Nothing too special.

BetrayalFinalDraft.png

This one I like because of the way it turned out. The original image had a black line dividing the two characters, and it looks like the line is actually a part of the background picture I used.

FlySkyHigh.png

This is one of my favorites. I was lucky enough to find a picture of both Link and Masaomi holding birds.

LoveandHappiness.png

I've had this one saved to my computer for a really long time now. I only recently managed to resize it to meet the forum requirements without it getting pixelated.

ReachOut.png

My most recent creation. I recycled a picture of Zange from a previous signature and put her alongside Link. I got the idea for the motto from the way both of them are holding out their hands.

I hope you enjoyed these. Please tell me what you thought of them.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
Here's the next batch.

BlueliketheSky.png

The idea for this came to me randomly. Nothin too special. Although, I did recolor his shirt and his hair.

AGrandAdventure.png

A Fairy Tail themed signature. The text is the story's reasoning behind the name of the Fairy Tail guild.

Curiosity.png

My first Hyouka themed signature. The meaning behind the text is that Houtarou (the boy) is constantly irritated by Chitanda's (the girl) curiosity. And Chitanda is always curious.

Youcantescape-1.png

Another Hyouka themed sig. The text at the top is the title of volume one of the light novel. I'm also aware of the white space around their hair. The background of the original picture was really bright, which made it hard to properly render their hair without taking too much off.

MoreThanaGame.png

My first signature of my new favorite anime, Sword Art Online. This was also my first time trying out textures in GIMP. I loved this one... until I noticed the misplaced apostrophe hours after it was finished.

StrongFeelings.png

My current signature, also based on Sword Art Online. My second time trying out textures. I think I'm getting the hang of textures now. Personally, I think this one came out really good.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
Thanks guys!

This time, instead of posting six signatures like I usually do, I'll post some of my favorite avatars I've made.

Xz3j

This is probably my favorite avatar out of all the ones I've made. It's of Masaomi Kida from Durarara!!. This avatar kind of represents me best, since it has the best representation of the cheerful vibe I try to give off.

Xz3y

This is an avatar of Natsu Dragneel from Fairy Tail. I made it to go with this signature:
AGrandAdventure.png
Xz5j

This avatar is of Oz Bezarious (or Vessalius, the translation of his last name is tricky and I'm not sure which one is correct) from Pandora Hearts. There isn't much special about this one, but I just really like the way it looks. I don't know why, but I do.

Xz3N

Another avatar of Natsu. I made it from a screenshot I took from the anime, and I used mainly as a joke avatar since his expression is really funny.

Xzd5

My latest avatar. It's of Kirito (and Pina) from Sword Art Online. (Pina is the small blue dragon.) I'm really proud of how this once came out. It's also the first avatar I made using a texture.

Last edited:

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
Thanks a lot, guys! Eh heh heh, sorry Vio, I'd be a terrible teacher. Besides, it'd be a lot easier to show you first-hand, and obviously that can't happen...

These next four graphics were requests I received from a few members.

ZoXK

This was an avatar request from Lord Death. It's of... Lord Death. From the anime Soul Eater.

ZoZ2

This was a signature request from Link12. There... isn't really much to be said about this one.

ZoZY

This was a signature request from Masaomi Kida. He picked the name of, coincidentally, my favorite anime character as his username. He asked me to make him a signature of Masaomi Kida for him, and this is what I came up with.

Zp1i

Spirit asked, and she received. I have absolutely no idea who this woman is. But this is what Spirit asked me for, and so I did the best I could for her.

Rare Addict

Site Staff
The amount of awesomeness that is spewing out of that second one is unprecedented.
lol.gif
In all seriousness, though, these are all pretty excellent, Az. The transparent effects that you incorporated into some of these -- especially the one that features your "close to home motto" -- are especially impressive.

Keep it up!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom