• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Art Azure's Artwork

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
Happy Birthday to my oc Korra Escandor-Soleil! I drew a full page artwork for her at last.

eyJf0OPP_o.png

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
Man it's been almost a year since I posted here... This post is mostly on a whim I guess. I drew my new oc Tshering for the first time.

20201005_135017.jpg

I'm pretty happy with this for a first time sketch, even if I didn't quite nail what I have in my head for her look. I have a hard time showing age in my art, and with different eye shapes. Tshering is the youngest in age out of all my ocs, and she doesn't quite look it here I don't think. The features I do have down for her are black hair with a single streak of gray, bright green eyes, dark skin, three dots as a birthmark on her chin, a round nose, thick eyebrows, one braid on the left bangs and a ponytail over her right shoulder. I don't really have an outfit design for her yet.

Her OC Focus blog is the next one on my list so that'll have more non-art related details I guess.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
Today is my oc Azure's birthday. I decided I wanted to draw a new Escandor-Soleil family portrait, since the family has a new member. So here we go.

20201216_141837.jpg

Azure and Silvia with their daughters Korra and Tshering. I always have a hard time drawing multiple people together, so this came out decently well despite that, I guess.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
Nearly all of my recent updates have been art for OC birthdays, oof. Well, today is no different. Today is Tshering's birthday, so I tried drawing her again.

20210218_192628.jpg

Fairly different from the last time, huh? Her eyebrows are thicker, she has more braids, and her hair is a lot longer overall. She's a bit older here than the last time I drew her. I think her design has finally come together. Happy Birthday to the second Escandor-Soleil daughter.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
Tomorrow is Lana's birthday but I work tomorrow, so I wanted to do this today. I wanted to draw the two protags of my stories The Hero of Spirits and Ride the Winds! together since both of those stories are complete. Consider it a lil celebration. A lil pat on the back.

20210303_130133.jpg

Azure (though his name was Alphonse back then) and Lana. The two of them were in Astral Flow Story 6 together, too, and they're good friends. Perhaps even besties. But as far as my two stories go, they'd be thousands of years apart. I did think about writing a short crossover one-shot with the two of them, buuuut... Meh. I'd rather focus on the next project.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
Drew Aoife cuz its her bday and also I've been in the mood to draw her anyway cuz of working on my story.

20211010_133009.jpg

20211010_135531.jpg

Included the warm up sketch too cuz I'm not sure which I like better. I'm happy with both, I guess. I usually do a warm up sketch before the actual sketch to get my hand used to drawing again but sometimes the warm up turns out better. :sweating: anyway happy bday aoife

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
Drew some TotK Links on my classroom's smartboard for my students.

20230214_130019.jpg

20230215_143803.jpg

Drawing on big boards is hard lol. Also my students thought it was hilarious to change the color on me while I was in the middle of drawing. And they were right. :right: The first one I think came out pretty okay, but you can tell where I gave up on the second one lmao. Noodle arm...

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
Experimenting with a new chibi style on my ocs.

20230218_095133.jpg

Azure and Silvia

20230218_095137.jpg

Korra and Tshering

20230218_100539.jpg

Aoife and Ainne

20230218_100542.jpg

Lana and Mira

I think Korra and Ainne came out the best. Could be a fun way of practicing designs without them having to be "good" or "detailed". I wanna try some full bodies with this style at some point.

Today also happens to be Tshering's birthday so I drew her again.
20230218_103035.jpg

The warm-up came out decent. Was good practice doing a hand for the first time in who knows how long.

20230218_105737.jpg

The final product. I'm really happy with this. It's a lot more than I usually do, anatomy-wise. I wanted to make it a lil breezy so I could really show how long her hair is. I'm also finally setting on an outfit design. I want it to be kimono-like with really puffy sleeves, along with a sash like Mipha's champion blues. Even added a bracelet to make it a bit more interesting.

Overall, I think this is one of the best things I've drawn in years. I'm very pleased.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom